03-07-14 09:41 PM
29 12
tools
    Hey guys. I'm getting about ready to release my first app for Z10, but since I don't have a device available, it would be nice to be able to get some people with a device to test it.

First a little information: basically it's a scientific calculator that has a graphing function. The graphing isn't quite done yet, but it's somewhat working.

Shortcomings (I'll fix these)
    • The graph doesn't have labels
    • The current formula gets lost when switching between tabs
    • The graph function needs to be a function of x, e.g. "5*x+4"
    • In the calculator it might not be clear how the = key should be used - to evaluate the expression press the checkmark button. If you want to store a variable, use equals: "y=x+cos(pi)" and then hit the checkmark to evaluate
    • There are a few functions missing, and I'm thinking of adding a separate page. Missing functions include: arcsin, sinh, etc. However, these functions can be typed into the text box
    • I'll add Q10 support pretty soon
    • Someone suggested I add different themes - so you can choose a background

Current features
    • Portrait and landscape support
    • Use any number of variables to store your current answer: "x=5+2" "y=2*x" "z=y*x" gives 21
    • Use any functions you normally would: trig functions, exp(x) (for e^x)
    • Use the constants pi and e

If there are any suggestions or anything, feel free to comment here or PM me. I have a week of exams coming up () but I'll try to fix what I can. I think the things I listed will take a full day or two of coding, maybe more, but I'm planning to release it by the last day of the month if possible.

If anyone's interested, feel free to download it: http://vaughnfriesen.com/alconbb10/A...or-0_0_3_2.bar

Thanks for your help everyone

Update 0.0.2
    This is what I did while I was supposed to be studying.

Vertical asymptotes show up as purple lines, several times speed-up when graphing, changed to version 0 to show beta status, pan/zoom (although they aren't perfect yet).

Update 0.0.3.1
    Added logging, improved zooming and panning, support for up to 3 graphs, tick marks, graph buffer size changes - orientation change should work as expected.

Update 0.0.3.2

Downgraded to OS 10.0.9.

Screenshots
    Beta testing scientific/graphing calculator app-alcon-sshot-1.jpgBeta testing scientific/graphing calculator app-alcon-sshot-4.jpg
    Last edited by MasterOfBinary; 03-07-14 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Updated link
    04-20-13 05:14 AM
    Heej,

Thanks i will install it

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 05:52 AM
    Installing...
    Will update in a day
    04-20-13 06:05 AM
    Eej it don't load if i open it. Just showen me blackberry 10 logo......

It vlose by itself or by the systeem....

I will reload it soon again

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 05:20 PM
    That's not good, it works fine in the simulator. I'll have to look into it - maybe I exported it wrong or something...

I think I'll add some logging as well.
    Affie36 likes this.
    04-22-13 10:59 PM
    That's not good, it works fine in the simulator. I'll have to look into it - maybe I exported it wrong or something...

I think I'll add some logging as well.
    Clean and simple. Works good so far
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    04-22-13 11:51 PM
    Are the buttons big enough to see on the device or should the labels be bigger?
    04-23-13 01:00 AM
    Mecca how have you load it on your device? I did it via Chrome....

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:36 AM
    Affie36, if you try it again can you use the latest version? I added support for logs so if it still crashes there will be a log file at least.
    04-23-13 07:27 PM
    Master

Yes sure, is it the same file that is in this forum?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 01:42 AM
    I updated the link in my post. Actually now I'm thinking (after doing some digging), it might be because I built it with the latest development release - 1.1.0 something. Z10s don't have that version of OS yet, so it might cause it to crash. Next version I'll downgrade to 1.0.9 just in case that was the problem. I'll probably have it up within 24 hours, you might want to skip 0.0.3.
    04-24-13 02:29 AM
    i am installing it now, so i hope it will work else i will wait for the next os update or downgrade version from you
    04-24-13 08:46 AM
    Sorry still the same problem....it doesn't work for me
    04-24-13 08:48 AM
    Can you find the log file? It should be in the file /accounts/1000/appdata/AlconCalculator/logs/log.
    04-24-13 01:54 PM
    Heej, i am not so it will be tomorro. You mean on the pc right?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 02:56 PM
    There should be a log file on the device. I don't know exactly how to get to it since I don't have a device...

But I'll be uploading a more compatible version tonight hopefully so maybe wait and see if that one works.
    04-24-13 06:07 PM
    I couldn't find it on my device. I will plug it in the pc and search it from there on my device

Thanks hopefully it will work for me too.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 02:38 AM
    I updated it, the link in the OP is updated to a version using OS 10.0.9. Unfortunately this whole night has been spent trying to get the older simulators working, and I never did, so I haven't been able to test on the old version.

I had planned to finish a lot more today but unfortunately I hardly got anything done... I probably won't update anything until maybe next week when my finals are over.
    Affie36 likes this.
    04-25-13 02:44 AM
    I will try it right now, and report back.

Thanks for the effort and have patience you will get it doen.

Good luck with your finals!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 03:37 AM
    I will try it right now, and report back.

Thanks for the effort and have patience you will get it doen.

Good luck with your finals!

Posted via CB10
    Congratulations it WORKS PERFECT!!!!
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    04-25-13 03:52 AM
    Nice! That's really good to hear!
    Affie36 likes this.
    04-25-13 04:02 AM
    How do we subscribe to updates for the app? I am interested in helping test and much more if it's still needed!? Where would you like feedback put?

Posted via CB10 on my ? Q10
    02-11-14 01:47 AM
    Would like to test.
    Pin 2ab528d9

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 03:05 AM
    Hey guys. I'm getting about ready to release my first app for Z10, but since I don't have a device available, it would be nice to be able to get some people with a device to test it.

First a little information: basically it's a scientific calculator that has a graphing function. The graphing isn't quite done yet, but it's somewhat working.

Shortcomings (I'll fix these)
    • The graph doesn't have labels
    • The current formula gets lost when switching between tabs
    • The graph function needs to be a function of x, e.g. "5*x+4"
    • In the calculator it might not be clear how the = key should be used - to evaluate the expression press the checkmark button. If you want to store a variable, use equals: "y=x+cos(pi)" and then hit the checkmark to evaluate
    • There are a few functions missing, and I'm thinking of adding a separate page. Missing functions include: arcsin, sinh, etc. However, these functions can be typed into the text box
    • I'll add Q10 support pretty soon
    • Someone suggested I add different themes - so you can choose a background

Current features
    • Portrait and landscape support
    • Use any number of variables to store your current answer: "x=5+2" "y=2*x" "z=y*x" gives 21
    • Use any functions you normally would: trig functions, exp(x) (for e^x)
    • Use the constants pi and e

If there are any suggestions or anything, feel free to comment here or PM me. I have a week of exams coming up () but I'll try to fix what I can. I think the things I listed will take a full day or two of coding, maybe more, but I'm planning to release it by the last day of the month if possible.

If anyone's interested, feel free to download it: http://masterofbinary.com/alcon/Alco...or-0_0_3_2.bar

Thanks for your help everyone

Update 0.0.2
    This is what I did while I was supposed to be studying.

Vertical asymptotes show up as purple lines, several times speed-up when graphing, changed to version 0 to show beta status, pan/zoom (although they aren't perfect yet).

Update 0.0.3.1
    Added logging, improved zooming and panning, support for up to 3 graphs, tick marks, graph buffer size changes - orientation change should work as expected.

Update 0.0.3.2

Downgraded to OS 10.0.9.

Screenshots
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alcon-sshot-1.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	153067Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alcon-sshot-4.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	154416
    Hi,

I just came across your post and tried downloading the BAR file. However, the link posts to a page not found. Please advise. Thanks. =0)

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 03:20 AM
    How do we subscribe to updates for the app? I am interested in helping test and much more if it's still needed!? Where would you like feedback put?

Posted via CB10 on my ? Q10
    I ran into some performance issues and put this project aside for a bit while I worked on a different project (app in my sig). My school workload is pretty heavy right now so I probably won't be working on this right now, but if there's still some interest (it seems like there is since there are 3 replies from Feb) I'll continue this app ASAP.

Somehow I was unsubscribed from this thread or else I would have replied earlier. I haven't been on CrackBerry much recently.
    03-03-14 10:53 AM
29 12