04-25-18 08:11 PM
202 ... 789
tools
    This is a bit of an older thread (last post April 29, 2016) today being June 23, 2017.

So I just received my new KeyOne and I'm attempting to transfer my SMS/MMS from my Q10 (10.3.3.1463).

I'm able to get the export and XML files fine, and using the Carbonite SMS Backup and Restore running on the KeyOne. After performing the restore, all of the attachments with SMS/MMS messages are not attached to the messages - in fact no messages have any of the attachments. They are on the device, when I look through the photo app, they are appearing, but completely unlinked to the SMS/MMS messages.

Anyone else encountered this or have any solutions?

TIA and Cheers,
    Greg
    Can anyone give more info on Carbonite SMS backup and restore? I'm seeking for one that does not use Google but don't see Carbonite on Yalp.
    I've used EpicWindmill's SMS backup on my Z30 and zipped the files into one to upload to my cloud and downloaded to my new Motion but apparently need the right app to unzip or extract I guess....
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    04-25-18 04:24 PM
    Can anyone give more info on Carbonite SMS backup and restore? I'm seeking for one that does not use Google but don't see Carbonite on Yalp.
    I've used EpicWindmill's SMS backup on my Z30 and zipped the files into one to upload to my cloud and downloaded to my new Motion but apparently need the right app to unzip or extract I guess....
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    The Carbonite SMS backup was bought out by SyncTech... SMS Backup & Restore... You have the option to backup locally, to dropbox, or google drive (and other if I recall).

Cheers,
    Greg
    04-25-18 08:11 PM
202 ... 789