06-23-17 11:27 AM
199 ... 678
tools
    Hi to everyone

I just purchased this app and tried to restore my iPhone 5s messages on my Q10 with NO luck
    I did use online tool to convert my backup db file into xml.
    Loaded xml file onto my q10 and open it with app.
    it says restoring and after 20 seconds says 0 contacts restored.

Please help

I just found website Insend.de which converts to xml and Android xml and both had no luck still says restoring but 0 restored.

What am I doing wrong, or is this app not compatible with ios7 messages?
    Last edited by neo61uk; 06-09-14 at 04:02 AM.
    06-08-14 08:08 PM
    Hi

Just managed to borrow my mate android phone, loaded my iphone databas on it, converted it with isms2.... app and it worked great on android.
    than took this xml file created on android and loaded to my bb.
    It now recognised how many threads is on it, and says loading, than 0 restored again?

What am I missing please?

Payed for an app that doesnt work how it should? or is it my phone not working correctly?

Thanks for help
    06-09-14 09:10 AM
    Hi

Just managed to borrow my mate android phone, loaded my iphone databas on it, converted it with isms2.... app and it worked great on android.
    than took this xml file created on android and loaded to my bb.
    It now recognised how many threads is on it, and says loading, than 0 restored again?

What am I missing please?

Payed for an app that doesnt work how it should? or is it my phone not working correctly?

Thanks for help
    Hi neo61uk,

I'm the dev of SMS Backup. While I never used the website you've linked to convert an iPhone database, the only thing I can think of is that the converted format is having some issues causing it not to be fully compatible with the BlackBerry app. Could you e-mail me a sample of the converted file? -> support@epicwindmill.com

If needed, you can open up the xml file in a text editor and remove the content of the 'body' tag. I only would need a few entries to debug the issue.
    06-09-14 09:26 AM
    Hi there
    thank You for replying.
    I have tried website based converter that is mentioned in Your instruction, but it didnt work than I found the other one mentioned.
    As I said, I even tried xml file created by isms2droid that worked on android, but still no luck with blackberry.

mail send
    06-09-14 10:59 AM
    Hi there
    thank You for replying.
    I have tried website based converter that is mentioned in Your instruction, but it didnt work than I found the other one mentioned.
    As I said, I even tried xml file created by isms2droid that worked on android, but still no luck with blackberry.

mail send
    Hi Neo61uk,

I've just mailed you a fixed backup file. The problem is that the online converter didn't include the "contact_name" field which is mandatory for SMS Backup and will cause it to skip the entry.
    06-09-14 01:53 PM
    Hi
    Tingeltangelbob
    can you write a step by step guide to how to convert csv to xml? I didn't know how to use the python script. I'm a windows user...
    Did you solve the problems with contact?
    thanks
    06-23-14 04:43 AM
    Need a bit of instruction...

I have successfully backed up and mailed to myself 12 different backup files. Each of those zip containers have an mms folder, a .xml file and a sms.xsl file. I am assuming that the zip containers must be unzipped in order for the app to access the needed files and restore my messages. Since the folders and .xml files have different names I have no fear of them overwriting each other if I copy them from my computer back to the phone. However, the .xsl file is named the same in each of the 12 containers. What is the .xsl file for? Is each .xsl file peculiar to the container that it is within or are they identical and any one will do?

My goal is to restore all of my messages and then consolidate them into one backup file. If the .xsl file is indeed identical in each container the process should be simple. If not I imagine it will be time consuming and quite tedious.
    Last edited by rapperman; 07-26-14 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Additional information
    07-19-14 11:23 PM
    Backed up all my SMS on my Android device and when I restored them into my Z30 there were a lot of SMS's missing. Like there were less messages all together. Any thoughts as to why this is? Also, will MMS restore ever be implemented into your program?
    09-26-14 09:09 AM
    @rapperman
    The *.xsl is just a stylesheet file and equal for every backup. It's actually optional and used by the browser to format it correctly for display.

@quailallstar
    Let's continue our mail conversation to figure this out.

MMS restore from Android would require a binary data conversion.
    09-27-14 04:01 PM
    Hi
    I use a Z30 and will be buying a q10 today. I'd like both of them to have synchronised texts so can I export from the device with the newer texts and transfer the file to the other device using NFC and restore all the texts on that second device?
    10-12-14 04:03 AM
    You should be able to export and merge to both devices (on import, I check if the message is already present on the device). However, depending on the OS version, threads might or might not break.

I'm not sure if you can use NFC to copy over the xml backup file from one device to the other.
    10-13-14 07:03 PM
    Just wanted to tell about a successfull restore from a Z10 running 10.3.0.1154 to a Passport running 10.3.0.1052. Transfered all compatible items via BlackBerry Link. Settings including SMS could not be transfered by BlackBerry Link. Restored my SMS Backup on the Passport. One restart later all restored SMS showed in the Hub and were correctly associated with their respective contacts. Thank you for this great App.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 06:48 AM
    @hhuber2001: Thanks for letting us know! Glad to know that the app works well on the Passport and BB10 10.3.x!
    10-18-14 12:42 AM
    Hi,

I've downloaded your apps yesterday night, i've made a backup during the night (~2am) and i've still have this message.
    Is it over ? Because the wheel still turning on the right corner.

Screenshot:
    SMS Backup - Backup and Restore Text Messages-img_20141128_112048.png
    11-28-14 05:51 AM
    Hi Slops38,
    that's a weird issue. When it says verified XML backup file, it means that the backup has been completed and that its only checking the integrity of the file. Since the button states close instead of cancel, I think there is some issue perhaps with the loading indicator. What version of BB OS are you using?

You could manually check the backup file, by opening the XML file in an advanced text editor (notepad++) and see if all messages are in there (check if the last few lines end properly or not).
    11-30-14 09:12 AM
    Hi all,

I have install the apply right now, but his turn on:
    'exporting text message"
    "preparing".... since 10-15 minutes, no progress in the load bar... is the exportation it long?

Thanks in advance

Amo from france
    01-26-15 05:28 AM
    Will this application forward messages to another number? I am looking to forward all my messages to my Google voice number like I did on Android.
    03-10-15 02:22 PM
    Will this application forward messages to another number? I am looking to forward all my messages to my Google voice number like I did on Android.
    No. This app will not forward your sms to another number. MessageX is the only app I'm aware of that will forward an SMS at the time of receipt on your phone to another number. It's available in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 12:00 PM
    Hi falcon4ever,

just loaded your app on my new BB classic. Tried to import my palmOS message-database (using sms2csv to convert "message_database.pdb" into csv-format and CSV2XML.jar to convert it into xml-format).
    Unfortunately it doesn't work: "error on line 5" or something like that. I guess the converter didn't use the same xml-format like SMS backup does. Maybe it's the number of messages (about 3000 sms)?
    It's very important to import my SMS. May I send my database (csv or xml) to convert it? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for help!
    04-05-15 08:24 AM
    Backing up messages with this app Pears to be a complicated process.
    Has anyone compared SMS Backup and Ultimate Backup
    Are there other apps that people are using?

Posted by Jerbru
    04-05-15 08:44 AM
    Hi Nicky_75,

thanks for using SMS Backup, please contact me on support@epicwindmill.com and I can see if I can convert you CSV file to a compatible XML file.

Best,
    - Laurence
    04-05-15 06:55 PM
    Hiya!

I was a good boy and just finished reading two years' posts, and sure enough I think my questions are answered :-) I was worried when I learned that BB OS10 files are encrypted and I can't get the key, and both "Free SMS Backup" and "Free Device Backup" leave me with junk I can't use. I use SMS Backup+ on my Android to sync to gmail to protect against hardware loss, and I want to migrate my BB SMS & MMS items over to consolidate in expectation of relinquishing this phone in the next 3-12 months.

Remaining questions are
    - how do I do an "interim" backup/export of only new items, or will I be diff-ing XML files weekly?
    - how good is number recognition to fold into conversations on the Android side whose contact info is completely different?
    - how will I pay for this since I think my company makes me go through their system?
    - how will I contain my excitement when this is accomplished? :-)

I'll keep everyone posted!

:-D
    --
    David T-G
    bofis likes this.
    08-28-15 02:26 PM
    Hi all,
    If anyone is running into the split thread issue, I found a method that fixed it for me.
    While looking at the xml file created, I noticed that some of my contacts have a mix of full international format (ie: +1xxx) and standard NPA (10 digit).
    I only really SMS in North America, so this won't work otherwise, but the idea is still valid.

Open the xml, do a find and replace all:
    address=+1

replace with

address="

Then do the find and replace:
    address="

with

address=+1

to make a uniform file. Note, this wont work well for short codes or international SMS

The +1 in front is needed to pick up the MMS folder, as they all have +1 in the number directory name. Initial attempt with wiping out +1 caused MMS not to load. I also found that If I had the +1 in front, the contact association worked even though all my contacts are in the 10 digit format in my addressbook. Seems BB is really looking for full + country code.

If you merge in other backup sms files, make sure you update the line count on the top:
    <smses count="X">

Do a SMS wipe from the Tool then restore after to get a clean import.
    04-29-16 08:48 PM
    This is a bit of an older thread (last post April 29, 2016) today being June 23, 2017.

So I just received my new KeyOne and I'm attempting to transfer my SMS/MMS from my Q10 (10.3.3.1463).

I'm able to get the export and XML files fine, and using the Carbonite SMS Backup and Restore running on the KeyOne. After performing the restore, all of the attachments with SMS/MMS messages are not attached to the messages - in fact no messages have any of the attachments. They are on the device, when I look through the photo app, they are appearing, but completely unlinked to the SMS/MMS messages.

Anyone else encountered this or have any solutions?

TIA and Cheers,
    Greg
    06-23-17 11:27 AM
199 ... 678