Secure Hub

Secure Hub: Hide emails in BB Hub (headless)-rsz_varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpnj517k.png

★★ HIDE EMAILS IN BB HUB ★★

Hi friends,

Check out my new app: Secure Hub

Using this app, you can now hide emails in BlackBerry Hub. All the emails form the selected Locked account will be removed from the Hub until you Unlock them. Prevent others from accessing your emails without even using the device password. Useful in situations where you need to hand out your phone to someone else like a kid or a co-worker.

The app works headless in the background and hides the emails (of the selected account) in the Hub and also any new message that you might receive. If you receive a new message, a notification will pop up. The notification's text can be changed to prevent any suspicion.

App has 2 modes:
    Manual: Manually lock the emails.
    Automatic:The emails are locked automatically after 5 minutes.

Secure Hub: Hide emails in BB Hub (headless)-picture1.png

Secure Hub: Hide emails in BB Hub (headless)-picture2.png

FEATURES:
    Headless App: No active frames required !
    Manual or Automatic mode: Automatically lock after 5 minutes.
    New Messages are automatically hidden
    Notification Text for New Messages can be changed

☞ TIP: For best results, in the BlackBerry Hub Settings, change the account's display to Show Only in Hub to completely remove all traces of that account from the Hub.

☞ Since locking and unlocking messages takes some time, I am limiting the maximum email count to 300. To reduce the number of emails present in an account, reduce its Sync Period from the Settings.

And don't worry, there is no way your messages will get lost or deleted ! The app is completely safe.

04-09-15 07:45 AM
    Can add secure "SmS"?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 08:21 AM
    Good luck with what sounds like a terrific app. Folks have been seriously requesting ways to block or lock various apps so that just as you suggest, you can lend your phone to someone and keep some stuff secure. The hub would certainly be one of those folks would like to secure.

Thanks for supporting BB10 devices.
    04-09-15 08:55 AM
    I am working on the SMS part... once it is complete, I will add that to the app.
    Thanks F2
    04-09-15 11:32 AM
    cannot hide gmail, but yahoo mail can.
    (pin to pin) - 0
    04-09-15 11:46 AM
    Got it. Let's see how it works.

BB Proud
    04-09-15 12:04 PM
    cannot hide gmail, but yahoo mail can.
    (pin to pin) - 0
    Well, hiding Gmail works on my z10...
    How many emails do you have on Gmail ? It wont work if emails are > 300. Have you tried reducing the number of emails by reducing the sync period ?
    04-09-15 12:26 PM
    Nice app

Join Toofani App Promo C004DE3E2
    04-09-15 09:20 PM
    Great concept. Unfortunately it's not working on my configuration. I'm on a Verizon Z30 running 10.3.1.1784 and have attempted to lock multiple email accounts within the app on my phone but none are ultimately locked in the hub and remain visible.

In addition, when I select the accounts to lock, if I select every one, one is always absent on the subsequent account details screen. None of the accounts carry more than 300 messages on the device. The only way to have the absent account show on the detail screen is to deselect the other accounts.

I've deleted, reinstalled the, and hard rebooted without success. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 09:04 AM
    There is an Info Button in the overflow menu.
    Can you select all the desired accounts, lock them, wait for 10-20 seconds, and then click on the info button... send me the screenshot of the log that appears.
    04-10-15 12:00 PM
    There is an Info Button in the overflow menu.
    Can you select all the desired accounts, lock them, wait for 10-20 seconds, and then click on the info button... send me the screenshot of the log that appears.
    I selected all 4 accounts but only three ever show in the account detail screen. I clicked OK, waited 30 seconds and below is the screenshot obtained:

Secure Hub: Hide emails in BB Hub (headless)-img_20150410_142057.png

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 01:26 PM
    You have selected the Automatic method. So the accounts will lock after 5 minutes. Pressing OK does not lock the accounts.
    You have to click on the Lock button in the action bar to lock the accounts (if you do not want to wait for 5 minutes). I think you have not done that since "isLocked" showing false.
    All 4 of your accounts are being monitored. So no problem there...

Click the Lock button in the action bar and report the results/log file.
    04-10-15 01:34 PM
    You have selected the Automatic method. So the accounts will lock after 5 minutes. Pressing OK does not lock the accounts.
    You have to click on the Lock button in the action bar to lock the accounts (if you do not want to wait for 5 minutes). I think you have not done that since "isLocked" showing false.
    All 4 of your accounts are being monitored. So no problem there...

Click the Lock button in the action bar and report the results/log file.
    True, automatic (in this case) was selected. However even if I wait the five minutes as I've done previously the emails still show in the hub. I performed the same actions in manual mode and 3/4 accounts were indeed hidden. The account that deselects itself never does hide. I attempted that Gmail account by itself and it re-selects a different Gmail account (I'm not making this stuff up -lol).

Secure Hub: Hide emails in BB Hub (headless)-20150410151601.jpg

Secure Hub: Hide emails in BB Hub (headless)-20150410151759.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by semime; 04-10-15 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Removed duplicate quote.
    04-10-15 02:23 PM
    True, automatic (in this case) was selected. However even if I wait the five minutes as I've done previously the emails still show in the hub. I performed the same actions in manual mode and 3/4 accounts were indeed hidden. The account that deselects itself never does hide. I attempted that Gmail account by itself and it re-selects a different Gmail account (I'm not making this stuff up -lol).
    So some of the accounts are getting locked, atleast the feature is working on your device. Let me look into the code for the selection problem.
    04-10-15 11:56 PM
    Great app,thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 03:29 AM
    A very useful app and working fine.

Some suggestions:
    1. Is it possible to selectively lock some conversations? Reason being normally in email accounts not all are worth hiding.
    2. If you are able to (API allows) show a lock symbol on account list in hub OR hub list with blurred images of locked emails OR within separate email section, show all emails but in blur or something. The idea is to show that some level of protection is applied instead at present it looks like there is no email in that account.
    04-16-15 02:35 AM
    1. Yes, apis are available to lock select conversations. But the app is not getting much love :P Adding this feature wont be worth the effort I might add that in the distant future though....
    2. Blurring the email, etc cant be done, as Hub cant be modified. Currently when a new message comes in the locked account, a notification appears in hub saying that you have a new mail... (or anything else if you want to change the text)... it does not mention the account name though... I can add that in the next release.... like "You have 5 unread mails in the locked Gmail account". I will change the notification's icon to a locked symbol

Thanks for the interest
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    04-17-15 02:38 AM
    You should pm Alicia to include in App Roundup to get more exposure. my 2 cents
    Utkarsh likes this.
    04-17-15 01:38 PM
    Ok, I will pm her.... I thought she just picks the ones she liked...
    04-18-15 12:38 AM
    So some of the accounts are getting locked, atleast the feature is working on your device. Let me look into the code for the selection problem.
    Yeah having a similar issue. It will lock all accounts except a Yahoo account. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. When I tick the Yahoo account it locks another one.
    04-20-15 09:52 PM
    Can I have a screenpic of the log after you have selected all the accounts?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 10:39 PM
    Can I have a screenpic of the log after you have selected all the accounts?

Posted via CB10
    Here is when I selected the accounts:
    Secure Hub: Hide emails in BB Hub (headless)-img_20150421_220803.png

This is the log after I have selected all accounts:
    Secure Hub: Hide emails in BB Hub (headless)-img_20150421_220812.png

And this is when I open the select accounts again. It has unchecked the Yahoo account.
    Secure Hub: Hide emails in BB Hub (headless)-img_20150421_220841.png
    04-21-15 07:37 AM
    The same issue for me - some accounts can't be hidden.
    Please help!
    12-12-15 04:37 PM