Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
04-12-14 01:54 AM
29 12
tools
    App Name: Screen Timeout

Keep your device screen awake as long as you need.

Use your navigation app or media player (or any other app) without worrying about the screen going off.

You may set an unlimited wake time interval or a limited one (defined in minutes).

Press "Start" to activate the wake state.

Keep the app as an active frame, so the screen will remain awake for the set interval (unlimited, or limited to the number of minutes you set).

UNLIMITED interval:

Every time you unlock the screen, it will remain awake indefinitely.

Press the power button if you want to turn off the screen.

Press "Stop", or close the app (the active frame) if you want to cancel the unlimited wake state (the screen will revert to the timeout interval defined in device settings).

LIMITED interval:

The screen will remain awake until the interval expires - the limited wake interval will not be repeated next time you unlock the screen.

Press "Stop", or close the app (the active frame), or press the power button if you want to cancel the wake state.

When the wake state expires or is canceled, the screen will revert to the timeout interval defined in device settings.

Link to BlackBerry World Listing: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/47147895

Price: $0.99

Available for all BB10 devices

We will be glad to answer your questions in this thread.
    You may ask them also at support@app-country.com
    Last edited by serbanescu; 02-13-14 at 12:02 PM.
    millwright40 and eldricho like this.
    02-04-14 10:12 AM
    Screenshots:

Screen Timeout now available for BB10 devices-1_1.pngScreen Timeout now available for BB10 devices-2_2.png
    Last edited by serbanescu; 02-04-14 at 10:26 AM.
    02-04-14 10:14 AM
    I think there's more than a few people who will find this useful. Thanks!
    02-04-14 10:52 AM
    I think there's more than a few people who will find this useful. Thanks!
    We surely hope so
    02-04-14 10:55 AM
    Good luck with your app. It is definitely an app folks have wanted

Posted via CB10
    serbanescu likes this.
    02-04-14 05:38 PM
    That looks wicked! Will be recommending it around for the folks who needed something like this
    Good luck with the app!

Posted via CB10
    serbanescu likes this.
    02-04-14 05:59 PM
    Any way to make an app that lights up the screen when receiving an email/text/bbm? Thanks

"As long as there's a refresh option in my menu, I'll call this an Android Z30 "-Mark Twain
    02-04-14 06:39 PM
    Can you add an option where the screen stays awake as long as the phone is charging? I typically have the phone plugged in while driving and need the screen kept awake then. However, once I leave the car, I'd like the app to automatically deactivate once I unplug the phone. This would save me having to remember to kill the app every time I leave the car

Thanks
    DC

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 07:14 PM
    Great feedback, thank you!

Any way to make an app that lights up the screen when receiving an email/text/bbm?
    I believe it is worth doing, but it will take us a little more time to deliver - we are working full time at the moment on other projects.

Can you add an option where the screen stays awake as long as the phone is charging?
    It's an option definitely worth having - I hope it will be in the next update.
    02-04-14 11:58 PM
    OK, seems like the app I need. But it's missing several things:

- Headless
    - Disable Timeout when plugged / Enable Timeout when unplugged. Automatic.

And my question: What happens when I have a device password? Will this App function like a video player and disable the Device Password as long as it is running? Because if not, then the App is useless in some kind of way...
    If not, make it so. And if it does, then this should be toggled with the plugged/unplugged function (security reasons )

OK, maybe this is not necessary, but I don't know how the blackberry will react when Display is on and my passowrd time of 30 minutes is reached.

Thank you!
    02-10-14 03:34 AM
    Oh, and one more thing:

If you don't add headless function, at least add a alternative Display for the tile in active frame where you can see the state of the app in a glance.
    02-10-14 03:41 AM
    And another one:

The app doesn't work when I lock the device. So I press the power button a bit longer, and then press the lock symbol. The screen after that shuts off immediately.
    I know this is very typical, and I think headless mode would fix this issue, but maybe you can have a look at this.
    02-10-14 05:29 AM
    OK, seems like the app I need. But it's missing several things:

- Headless
    - Disable Timeout when plugged / Enable Timeout when unplugged. Automatic.
    First of all, thank you for buying the app!

Headless - it will take some time to implement it

Charger mode - we are already working on it. If all the tests will go well, next week we will release an update

The app doesn't work when I lock the device. So I press the power button a bit longer, and then press the lock symbol. The screen after that shuts off immediately.
    The app works as intended on our devices, but it is possible that I haven't fully understood your problem.

- If I lock the device (by long-pressing the power button and pressing the lock symbol) the screen will be locked and the light will turn off after a few seconds
    - If the app is active, the lock interval is bypassed (the screen is not locked when the lock interval expires)

On your phone the app doesn't behave in this way? If this is the case, what device do you have, and what OS version is installed?
    Last edited by serbanescu; 02-10-14 at 01:59 PM.
    02-10-14 01:22 PM
    Maybe what I want is very specific, so don't worry about it. I use it for my music player (spotify), because it stutters when Display is off. And because I also use it @ the office I want to use it that way for security reasons.
    - Start spotify
    - Start Screen Timeout
    - Lock Phone through Power Button
    - Display should stay on, allthough device locked (but it doesn't).

Regarding headless and that it may take a while:
    Since your App is an Android Port (why not native??), you should take a look at this Thread here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-skype-893927/

02-13-14 08:29 AM
    Maybe what I want is very specific, so don't worry about it. I use it for my music player (spotify), because it stutters when Display is off. And because I also use it @ the office I want to use it that way for security reasons.
    - Start spotify
    - Start Screen Timeout
    - Lock Phone through Power Button
    - Display should stay on, allthough device locked (but it doesn't).
    This really is a very specific need

Nevertheless, we will look into it (I believe it is doable. My only concern is that users might get confused when too many options are available - and will end up depleting the battery. So we will add this mode if we will find a solution that will make clear to the user how the device will behave in the new mode.)

Regarding headless and that it may take a while:
    Since your App is an Android Port (why not native??), you should take a look at this Thread here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-skype-893927/
    Thank you for your suggestion, but your link points to a sort of "hack". We are not working in this way - we are trying to provide commercial-grade apps to the best of our abilities, within the official frameworks provided by BlackBerry.

In this particular case (of working with screen timeout) the solution we adopted has been more effective, so we just chose what worked well.
    02-13-14 09:19 AM
    I am loving this app! I've used it every day since you released it.
    serbanescu likes this.
    02-13-14 09:27 AM
    I am loving this app! I've used it every day since you released it.
    Thank you! Getting this kind of feedback feels great!
    02-13-14 12:00 PM
    We updated the app to include "On lock screen" mode. From now on you can enjoy having the display alive even when the screen is locked.

The other new feature is On / Off status display in the active frame (please note that you will have to use the "Minimize" button in order to have the status shown in the active frame).
    Ecm likes this.
    02-19-14 09:15 AM
    02-19-14 09:16 AM
    Nice. Ive been waiting for this. Read a lot of forum on my bb. I hate constantly needing to wake the screen up. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    serbanescu likes this.
    02-19-14 09:28 AM
    The update is working nicely. Good work.
    serbanescu likes this.
    02-19-14 06:08 PM
    Good to hear everything is fine
    02-19-14 09:30 PM
    Backlight on when incoming sms,calls and mail would be great. I have been looking forever for something to do that. I had an app on my 9850 that did this.
    02-20-14 06:37 PM
    Backlight on when incoming sms,calls and mail would be great. I have been looking forever for something to do that. I had an app on my 9850 that did this.
    I agree, it's a feature worth adding to the app. We will try it.
    02-21-14 12:38 AM
    But make it optional!
    02-21-14 02:34 AM
29 12