Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
06-07-15 10:18 AM
50 12
tools
    We are very plesed to announce that Built of BlackBerry designated call recorder app, Phone Tap is now also headless. After HUB++ LED Disco, our call recorder app also lost its head!

Phone Tap is the simplest and the most secure call recording app available on BlackBerry 10. Sometimes, it is necessary to record important conversations with your clients, friends and colleagues. Now with Phone Tap, you can easily record the calls automatically or on demand. Tag the recordings with colors and labels to keep them organized and even add notes for easy reference.

** ADDED BONUS: With Phone Tap's voice recorder feature, taking voice notes or recording interviews is a breeze.

Features:
    * Secured voice call recording
    * Record all phone calls automatically
    * Record calls on demand
    * Tag recordings with labels and colors
    * Filter recordings by tags
    * Record part of a call
    * Media key shortcut to start/stop record
    * Record voice notes from anywhere
    * Password protect app
    * Vibrate on record start/stop
    * AMR, WAV and M4U format
    * Allows to add caller by coping the number from the call logs

WARNING: PLEASE RECORD PHONE CALLS ONLY WHEN AND HOW THE LAW IN YOUR COUNTRY OR STATE PERMITS.

Phone Tap - Call Recorder - BlackBerry World
    Price: $2.99
    Last edited by devcellent; 06-04-14 at 09:01 AM.
    Grumblegrumble and cbosdell like this.
    01-17-14 09:19 PM
    Very cool
    I'm not entirely sure how headless benefits this app though; you have to open it to start or stop recording, correct?
    01-17-14 10:50 PM
    Very cool
    I'm not entirely sure how headless benefits this app though; you have to open it to start or stop recording, correct?
    Not really, as you have two options, automatically record and after prompt. In prompt option, we now show a toast message (instead of notification dialog), thus the app can continue to run headless.
    SCrid2000 and Noremacam like this.
    01-17-14 11:10 PM
    Not really, as you have two options, automatically record and after prompt. In prompt option, we now show a toast message (instead of notification dialog), thus the app can continue to run headless.
    So in automatic mode it records every call and then prompts you if you want to save the recording or not after you hang up?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 11:20 PM
    Unavailable for z10??
    PhoneTap - Call Recorder is now Headless!-img_20140118_105909.png

Posted via Black ZeD on 10.2.1.1925
    01-17-14 11:29 PM
    No issues on the Z10 here

PhoneTap - Call Recorder is now Headless!-img_20140118_003803.png

Posted via CB10
    devcellent likes this.
    01-17-14 11:39 PM
    So in automatic mode it records every call and then prompts you if you want to save the recording or not after you hang up?

Posted via CB10
    For automatic mode, it won't prompt you, each call would be recorded automatically. And for the prompt mode you would be prompted as soon as the call is connected. Based on the user's response on the toast message, recording would start.
    01-17-14 11:47 PM
    For automatic mode, it won't prompt you, each call would be recorded automatically. And for the prompt mode you would be prompted as soon as the call is connected. Based on the user's response on the toast message, recording would start.
    Hmm, I like my scenario better.. automatically record each call, and then prompt me when the call is disconnected.. at that point I can decide if anything was said on the call that I want to save or to discard it.

Also, ideally when I click save on the prompt, I'd like to be able to name it and enter notes about what is in the recording.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 11:53 PM
    Hmm, I like my scenario better.. automatically record each call, and then prompt me when the call is disconnected.. at that point I can decide if anything was said on the call that I want to save or to discard it.

Also, ideally when I click save on the prompt, I'd like to be able to name it and enter notes about what is in the recording.

Posted via CB10
    Actually not a bad idea.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-18-14 12:23 AM
    Second that. Tags or file name options while saving is would be great.

Or add the "contact name/number" to filename.

I have tried at least 10 BB10/Android apps, incl 2 paid, but all of them just show the date/time in filename instead of Contact Name.

BTW, the app shows "The item is not available for your selected country" for me (India, Vodafone, STL100-1)

And searching BB World on the phone just doesn't show the app, at least not in the first 3 pages of results with things like Phone Trap etc.

You should also have a trial available. Having bought a few call recorders most people are wary of buying yet another one before being convinced it works (without switching to speaker mode that is)
    01-18-14 03:36 AM
    ** ADDED BONUS: With Phone Tap's voice recorder feature, taking voice notes or recording interviews is a breeze. ... Features: Record voice notes from anywhere ...
    Just to clarify. Do you mean taking notes and interview recording by phone calls only or it can be exclusive of phone calls?
    01-18-14 04:01 AM
    Just to clarify. Do you mean taking notes and interview recording by phone calls only or it can be exclusive of phone calls?
    This is an added feature to record voice just by pressing long on the volume UP key.
    01-18-14 09:22 PM
    Still showing "unavailable for your device", On bbw!

Attachment 239777

01-19-14 01:51 AM
    Congratulations on your
    App losing its head!

Posted via CB10
    devcellent likes this.
    01-19-14 02:12 AM
    This is an added feature to record voice just by pressing long on the volume UP key.
    I had told somebody about the app's voice recording, and he got the app from BBW. Later, he told me that the app could only record phone conversations. I just forwarded your reply here to him. He's insisting that the app can only record phone conversations and no voice recording.
    01-19-14 03:00 AM
    Still showing "unavailable for your device", On bbw!

Attachment 239777

It appears that BlackBerry World does not allow call recording apps for distribution in India. There might some local laws against phone call recording.
    01-19-14 07:32 AM
    It appears that BlackBerry World does not allow call recording apps for distribution in India. There might some local laws against phone call recording.
    Omg!!! Thanks for your reply devcellent, i so wanted this app..

01-19-14 11:19 AM
    Omg!!! Thanks for your reply devcellent, i so wanted this app..

Do you by any chance see any other call recording app available in your region?
    01-19-14 05:56 PM
    I had told somebody about the app's voice recording, and he got the app from BBW. Later, he told me that the app could only record phone conversations. I just forwarded your reply here to him. He's insisting that the app can only record phone conversations and no voice recording.
    You can ask your friend to send email to support @ devcellent .com.
    01-19-14 05:57 PM
    Do you by any chance see any other call recording app available in your region?
    I just checked and I see a few, posting a screen shot. Also can not search for Phonetap by name.

PhoneTap - Call Recorder is now Headless!-img_20140120_105925.png

01-19-14 11:32 PM
    I have the same problem, I cannot see this app. I'm from Germany and it is not prohibited at all to record a call or something. I see a lot of call recorder apps, but not yours. Then I searched for your other apps (I bought hub++ and then went over the 'more apps from this dev' button) but I can only see 4 of your apps.

Sent with ZeeTen using Tapatalk
    01-20-14 07:11 AM
    If you can provide us the list, we can try to find the difference with hour app to those.
    01-21-14 11:23 AM
    Same problem as above , I've also bought hub++ and I see no Phonetap in more from developer list.

PhoneTap - Call Recorder is now Headless!-img_20140121_233523.png
    PhoneTap - Call Recorder is now Headless!-img_20140121_233512.png

01-21-14 12:07 PM
    Devcellent : I need this app, but it still shows unavailable for your device. Please help

02-04-14 12:49 PM
    Question. Does this application record both the microphone and the headset speaker? or is this one of those apps where you have to turn on speakerphone to pick up both sides of the conversation?
    02-06-14 02:23 PM
50 12