Application Name: Brightness Control

New App: Brightness Control.  Auto adjust the screen brightness-img_20151006_090255.png New App: Brightness Control.  Auto adjust the screen brightness-img_20151006_090236.png New App: Brightness Control.  Auto adjust the screen brightness-img_20151006_082448.png

Description:

Brightness Control application allows you to setup schedules to automatically adjust the screen brightness during the day.

During the evenings you do not need the screen to be bright. By reducing the screen brightness this will make it easier for you to read and at the same time it saves battery life.

There are three schedules that you can set. You must enable the schedule first and then set the Start and End times for the schedule.

You can set a schedule to make the screen brighter from 6am to 6pm during the day and at night from 6pm to 11pm set it darker.

When there is no active schedule the system Display Brightness setting will be used.

Application Limitations

1. When automatically changing the brightness there is slight delay.

2. In a dark place you might experience the brightness changing often. This is due the OS sensor automatically making the screen brighter.

Please beware of the limitations before you purchase the application.

Tip: Brightness Control is useful at night when you are reading news, web browsing or reading a ebook. Do not move the device around. This will activate the sensor to readjust the brightness. This will cause Brightness Control application to keep readjusting the brightness thus giving some small flickering effect.

BlackBerry World Link: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/59979018

Price: $0.99
    10-12-15 11:52 AM
    [SIZE=4]Application Name: Brightness Control

2. In a dark place you might experience the brightness changing often. This is due the OS sensor automatically making the screen brighter.

BlackBerry World Link: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/59979018

Price: $0.99
    One feature that you have to wonder why they never got it "right".......
    10-12-15 12:08 PM
    Nice app.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport on newest OS 10.3.2
    10-12-15 12:18 PM
    Agreed when inside the cinema pull out my Z30 its so bright (I set the brightness to the lowest)
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-12-15 12:19 PM
    The app is not perfect because BB doesn't allow developers to adjust the brightness. so the limitation is there.
    10-12-15 12:27 PM
    The app is not perfect because BB doesn't allow developers to adjust the brightness. so the limitation is there.
    Not questioning the APP... but the lack of a working sensor/OS to adjust the brightness automatically.

Love some of your other apps... like Power Tools. It's just my frustration with the simple fact that we shouldn't need this particular app from you guys... as the phone should automatically adjust the brightness based on the environment. But it doesn't, so for some this could be a very useful app.

Glad you guys are still supporting BB10 users!
    10-12-15 12:35 PM
    Not questioning the APP... but the lack of a working sensor/OS to adjust the brightness automatically.

Love some of your other apps... like Power Tools. It's just my frustration with the simple fact that we shouldn't need this particular app from you guys... as the phone should automatically adjust the brightness based on the environment. But it doesn't, so for some this could be a very useful app.

Actually the sensor works too well. My app is aimed at users who read at night time and don't want to be blinded by the bright screen. You just set the schedule and the app will auto adjust. The only problem now is if you move the BB and sensor will readjust the screen.

Another use of my app is you can adjust the brightness to the highest. Even brighter than the system settings. So in the dark you can use the app as a flashlight instead of the video light.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-12-15 12:48 PM
    Actually the sensor works too well. My app is aimed at users who read at night time and don't want to be blinded by the bright screen. You just set the schedule and the app will auto adjust. The only problem now is if you move the BB and sensor will readjust the screen.

Another use of my app is you can adjust the brightness to the highest. Even brighter than the system settings. So in the dark you can use the app as a flashlight instead of the video light.
    Ah gotcha, yes in the situation like that the app will be very useful
    10-12-15 12:51 PM

You must be blind. BlackBerry has auto brightness since day 1, as smiley explained it works too well.

If you've tried some older android devices on kitkat, you'd be extremely thankful for BlackBerry 10 auto brightness.

Nice app though, definitely know some z30 users will want it!
    10-12-15 07:52 PM
    Actually the sensor works too well. My app is aimed at users who read at night time and don't want to be blinded by the bright screen. You just set the schedule and the app will auto adjust.
    So if I choose lowest brightness level - is it below lowest system setting or just same?
    There is an app on BOS7 called Dimmer, you can set screen brightness much lower than system setting allow.
    What about your app? I'm asking because even lowest brightness level is still too bright in night.
    11-07-15 06:59 AM
    You can completely dim the screen to black if you want it to.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:17 AM
    How it s that possible?
    I've bought an app and brightness control level same as system brightness...
    Maybe there are some hidden settings?
    11-07-15 06:19 PM
    You can completely dim the screen to black if you want it to.
    How can I do it? On the lowest brightness setting it's still same as system brightness.
    How to dim the screen to black?
    12-05-15 06:37 AM