04-19-17 09:15 AM
166 123 ...
tools
    App Name:
    Money Plus for BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook

Summary:
    Money Plus is an expense tracking and financial management application designed exclusively for the BlackBerry platform.
    It allows you to quickly capture and categorize transaction details. Transactions can be assigned to unlimited number of cash, credit card or banking accounts and unlimited number of categories. Accounts can be assigned to different currencies.
    The easy to use interface allows you to filter transactions based on selected account or category and view monthly spending reports.
    All data is stored locally on the device and never sent or transmitted to external server. If you are PC user of software such as Quicken, QuickBooks, Microsoft Money, iCash or web based products such as Mint then you will find Money Plus for BlackBerry PlayBook a perfect match. PLEASE NOTE: Money Plus does not import / export data from these programs nor allow you do download transactions from your bank.

We are happy to report Money Plus is now "Built for BlackBerry" certified!

Link to BlackBerry World Listing:
    BlackBerry World - Money Plus

Price:
    $1.99 (both PlayBook and BB10 versions covered with a single purchase)

Screenshots:
    Money Plus - Expense tracking for BB10 and PlayBook-mp2_0_110_124_transaction_list_portrait.png Money Plus - Expense tracking for BB10 and PlayBook-mp2_0_111_947_transaction_details_portrait.png Money Plus - Expense tracking for BB10 and PlayBook-mp2_0_110_124_tab_bar_portrait.png
    Money Plus - Expense tracking for BB10 and PlayBook-mp2_0_110_124_account_list_portrait.png Money Plus - Expense tracking for BB10 and PlayBook-mp2_0_110_124_category_details_portrait.png Money Plus - Expense tracking for BB10 and PlayBook-mp2_0_110_124_payee_list_portrait.png
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    02-16-13 12:12 AM
    1. Does it have the ability to transfer funds between accounts?
    2. Does it remember frequent transactions so I don't need to keep entering the same data each time?
    3. Does it have password protection?

Thanks
    02-20-13 03:07 AM
    Hi Buwee, all three things are high priority for the BB10 version and will be implemented really soon. #3 is already implemented in the PlayBook version.
    02-20-13 01:06 PM
    I've looked and can't seem to find a simple answer to my question - does this app have some kind of backup feature? Local or otherwise? Thanks
    02-22-13 05:40 PM
    PlayBook version allows you to backup your data to a file in Documents folder (and restore).

BB10 version currently doesn't do backups but will very soon. You will be able to restore backup made in PB version into BB10 version.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 06:55 PM
    I bought this app today for Z10, but never had it for playbook so i went to download for playbook for free as it states its free on both platforms if same BBID, i have same BBID, but on playbook there is no install link, not even a purchase link... so how do i get it on playbook.?
    03-05-13 08:55 PM
    Someone else reported same problem. I've heard from number of users who purchased the PlayBook version and were able to download on their BB10 without any problems. I have not heard any feedback about reverse (other than you and other user who had the same experience) although I see no reason why this would not be possible. From my end its all configured in BB World properly i.e. both PlayBook and Z10 releases under single product ID, no carrier or country restrictions, etc. I will see if I can setup new BBID on my devices (on Z10 BBID switch requires wipe-reload so this may not be easy) and try to reproduce it.
    03-05-13 11:42 PM
    Most business users will want to track milage.

Will this be added in a future update?

If yes, make sure you can use "miles driven" or the odometer reading to enter data.

Expense Reports?
    Milage Reports?
    Backup AND readable on PB? Lost phone, new phone etc.
    03-07-13 06:46 PM
    Someone else reported same problem. I've heard from number of users who purchased the PlayBook version and were able to download on their BB10 without any problems. I have not heard any feedback about reverse (other than you and other user who had the same experience) although I see no reason why this would not be possible. From my end its all configured in BB World properly i.e. both PlayBook and Z10 releases under single product ID, no carrier or country restrictions, etc. I will see if I can setup new BBID on my devices (on Z10 BBID switch requires wipe-reload so this may not be easy) and try to reproduce it.
    I've found that applications or games I download on my Z10 first, won't show up as available to download on my PlayBook. (None of them have, so far anyway).
    Applications that I first downloaded on my PB, will show up under the available list on my Z10.

Regarding Money Plus specifically, I bought it on the PlayBook and it showed up in BBWorld automatically on my Z10. Didn't have to pay twice.
    03-09-13 06:13 PM
    Yes it appears to be an issue with BBWorld. Looks like BlackBerry is investigating.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...2220949#M17350

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 09:56 PM
    I love your app. But looking for a few thing to make it better.

1) could you add a Re occurring transaction function. Such as a car payment or insurance payment. Or payday deposit
    2) when you add a new account or category on Bb10 the screen goes blank on what you created. You have to exit the app and them go back in to see what you created.
    3) a way to delete accounts if needed to.
    4) be able to transfer a transfer between accounts. Instead of doing two transactions.

Thanks keep up the good work

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 03:13 AM
    I love your app. But looking for a few thing to make it better.

1) could you add a Re occurring transaction function. Such as a car payment or insurance payment. Or payday deposit
    2) when you add a new account or category on Bb10 the screen goes blank on what you created. You have to exit the app and them go back in to see what you created.
    3) a way to delete accounts if needed to.
    4) be able to transfer a transfer between accounts. Instead of doing two transactions.

Thanks keep up the good work

Posted via CB10
    Most of what you asked is planned for future updates.

#3 you can already delete accounts.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 03:22 AM
    If i update the os on my z10, will it backup my data automatically?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 06:58 AM
    I recently purchased this great-sounding Money Plus app via my Playbook, expecting it to show up in the "Available" list on my Z10 so I could use it on both. No luck. It does not show up.

I don't mind buying it twice, but was led to believe from earlier comments in this thread that it was an app you could pay for once and download to each device, like some other apps. I sign in to BlackBerry World using the same ID on both devices.

Does anyone know who is responsible for configuring BlackBerry World to permit dual downloads of applications, and how to fix it for this app?
    04-11-13 11:10 AM
    I recently purchased this great-sounding Money Plus app via my Playbook, expecting it to show up in the "Available" list on my Z10 so I could use it on both. No luck. It does not show up.

I don't mind buying it twice, but was led to believe from earlier comments in this thread that it was an app you could pay for once and download to each device, like some other apps. I sign in to BlackBerry World using the same ID on both devices.

Does anyone know who is responsible for configuring BlackBerry World to permit dual downloads of applications, and how to fix it for this app?

Yep same here on z10 purchased it and can't get to download it on playbook, so not sure why other apps I can have on both devices but this one and another one I can not, dev says BlackBerry world issue, I say deb issue on submission.

I deleted the app as I will wait for proper submission.
    04-11-13 02:39 PM
    Since posting my original question, I have been in touch with the developer of Money Plus, who assisted me in fixing up the problem. I now have Money Plus running on both the PlayBook and Z10.

Thanks to the developer for his quick attention and help!
    04-15-13 10:26 AM
    For anyone who is experiencing the same problem ("You purchased Money Plus on BlackBerry 10 Smartphone and when try to download on PlayBook the Download button is missing", or "You purchased Money Plus on PlayBook and when try to download on BlackBerry 10 Smartphone the Download button is missing") please try the following work-around:

On the device which you are trying to install Money Plus to open this link in a web browser:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...A&platform=QNX
    Code:
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/90101/?lang=en&countrycode=CA&platform=QNX
    This page will take you to a blank page and then automatically open BlackBerry World with the details page for Money Plus. The Download button should be enabled.

If you see a Buy button instead of Download and you are signed in with the same BlackBerry ID you have used for the original purchase you can try to attempt the purchase process again and download the application. Please note that you will not be charged second time for the download.This is a known bug in BlackBerry World where local cache is not updated properly with your entitlements.

Hope this helps!

Andy

Since posting my original question, I have been in touch with the developer of Money Plus, who assisted me in fixing up the problem. I now have Money Plus running on both the PlayBook and Z10.

Thanks to the developer for his quick attention and help!
    04-15-13 11:02 AM
    If i update the os on my z10, will it backup my data automatically?
    I believe with OTA update your applications and application data should be preserved however it is best to use the Money Plus backup function prior to OS upgrade to make a backup of your transaction data to a backup file. Copy the file to a safe location (off-device) and have it handy in event your OS update process failed.

Andy
    04-15-13 11:06 AM
    I dont have a Z10 yet, but I will say that the app looks amazing in the photos.
    -Can your app use a DB stored in cloud such as DropBox or Google Drive?
    --Or can it at least "sync" with this type of DB. I guess the backup and restore would be the same as long as not doing transactions from multiple sources.
    -Can different people update the same DB at the same time? IE - Wife and Husband?
    04-15-13 11:12 AM
    Currently database is stored locally in private application folder accessible only by the application itself (its a security feature sort of). You can user the built-in application backup function to make copy of the private database to your shared documents folder and store in the cloud. Only one device can use the data file at a time and the data file needs to be loaded back into the private store.

We have plans for a version which will allow sharing data between devices but no specific announcements have been made as of yet.

Hope this answers your questions. If it does not feel free to ask.

Andy

I dont have a Z10 yet, but I will say that the app looks amazing in the photos.
    -Can your app use a DB stored in cloud such as DropBox or Google Drive?
    --Or can it at least "sync" with this type of DB. I guess the backup and restore would be the same as long as not doing transactions from multiple sources.
    -Can different people update the same DB at the same time? IE - Wife and Husband?
    04-17-13 12:43 PM
    Can you please, for the love of God, allow us to mark items as paid/cleared or pending?

Seems so basic to me, but nobody implements it. Are check boxes that difficult to implement?

Thanks! Love the app, but the is essential for any money app I use.
    04-17-13 08:12 PM
    After a comment like this we have no choice but to add it to the next release (this was originally planned for down the road release)... Here is question for you. Is it only a check box in the Edit screen you need? How would you search for cleared and pending? How would you represent such status in portrait view? (in landscape its easier since we have extra room, but there is no way to fit much more in portrait). Also do you need just cleared / pending or you need multiple values?
    We have some ideas internally how to do this but wanted to get some ideas from you to make sure its done the right way.

As I said this was asked few times by others in support email but was not high enough in priority list.

Cheers!

Can you please, for the love of God, allow us to mark items as paid/cleared or pending?

Seems so basic to me, but nobody implements it. Are check boxes that difficult to implement?

Thanks! Love the app, but the is essential for any money app I use.
    04-19-13 12:12 AM
    After a comment like this we have no choice but to add it to the next release (this was originally planned for down the road release)... Here is question for you. Is it only a check box in the Edit screen you need? How would you search for cleared and pending? How would you represent such status in portrait view? (in landscape its easier since we have extra room, but there is no way to fit much more in portrait). Also do you need just cleared / pending or you need multiple values?
    We have some ideas internally how to do this but wanted to get some ideas from you to make sure its done the right way.

As I said this was asked few times by others in support email but was not high enough in priority list.

Cheers!
    In a perfect world:

I would be able to go to the Transaction tab and be able to see all of my transactions like it is now. Just to the left of each Payee, will be a small box that is either empty or filled. I can then press and hold on the transaction to get the right side menu to pop up with an option to mark as "Paid" or "Cleared".

The filter option at the bottom of the screen, I would add in another option to Accounts and Tags currently to filter Paid and Unpaid items as well.

Also in the "Add Transaction" tab, I'd add another option between "Date" and "Memo:" so I can mark items as either being paid or unpaid as well.

I hope that this is clear. If not, then I can break out my mad paint skills and try to mock up something.

Also, a box may not even be needed. If a small colored dot is there could work as well. Small red dot for pending and small green dot for cleared maybe? Just some thoughts.

Edit: Being able to transfer funds between accounts would be nice as well. So when I move money between savings and checking I don't have to do 2 transactions.

Also, I only need 2 options but I would imagine others might want to be able to mark items as more than just pending and paid as I would. I think having different colors would be elegant way of marking these things. Red for pending, green for paid, yellow for reconsiled, etc etc.

I'll toss in more ideas if/when I come up with them. Thanks again in advance.
    Last edited by Mathrin; 04-22-13 at 02:39 PM. Reason: spelling and clarity
    04-22-13 02:31 PM
    Thanks. I took all your input and are in process of planning and mocking up. Lets see where it takes us. There are quite a few things being worked on at the moment so next few weeks will be exciting in terms of new releases.
    04-24-13 11:10 PM
    Hi,

I saw online it has an option to set a password for opening app.

Where is this located please?

Love My Z10, Posted via Excellent CB10
    04-28-13 11:39 AM
166 123 ...