App Name: Mapshot10

Summary:

Share your location and allow others to request your location by sending a simple SMS or email.

- Running late? Always on the go? Allow friends or loved ones to find out where you are by requesting your location via a configurable keyword.
    - Misplace your phone? Send it a request to find its location.
    - Option to share via Google Maps or Bing Maps.
    - Option to allow only certain contacts to request your location.
    - GPS is only on when processing requests - saves battery!
    - No registration on any websites required!

Mapshot10 - Location sharing, requests and device tracking-img_00001562.jpg

Mapshot10 - Location sharing, requests and device tracking-img_00001568.jpg

Permissions required by the app:
    - Location and GPS location: required to retrieve your location.
    - Contacts: to set up list of contacts allowed to request your location.
    - Email and PIN: required to allow location requests by email.
    - Text messages: required to allow location requests by SMS.
    - BBM: required to share your location via BBM.

Note: The app must remain in an active frame for requests to be processed due to limitations with background third party apps.

Link to BlackBerry World Listing:
    BlackBerry World - Mapshot10

Price: $0.99
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    09-19-13 04:27 AM
    Thanks for supporting BlackBerry with your app!!
    09-19-13 12:24 PM
    This looks interesting and useful. Like the sms feature - good for those with neurotic mothers ;-)

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 05:02 PM
    I really enjoy the app. Thanks. Bought it and am using it on my q and z 10s. The most amazing thing is I had it turned on all day in an active frame on both devices and don't feel like my battery life suffered at all. Awesome app. Highly recommended if you like the premise.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:17 PM
    This looks interesting and useful. Like the sms feature - good for those with neurotic mothers ;-)

Posted via CB10
    If she's being too neurotic, you can create a list of authorized requestors and leave her out

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:29 PM
    I really enjoy the app. Thanks. Bought it and am using it on my q and z 10s. The most amazing thing is I had it turned on all day in an active frame on both devices and don't feel like my battery life suffered at all. Awesome app. Highly recommended if you like the premise.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the feedback Benjamin Black! The app is just idle in the active frame until an SMS or email with the magic keyword is sent - that's when the GPS is activated.

Some tips:

- iOS devices render Google Maps best. The location marker isn't the greatest with Bing.

- BlackBerry devices with OS 7 and earlier render Bing, but not Google Maps.

- Android and BlackBerry 10 render both well.

You can pick the map to send back based on your contact list when you add them as an authorized requestor. Otherwise the default map that you picked will be sent.

Lastly please consider leaving a review in BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:37 PM
    Thanks for the feedback Benjamin Black! The app is just idle in the active frame until an SMS or email with the magic keyword is sent - that's when the GPS is activated.

Some tips:

- iOS devices render Google Maps best. The location marker isn't the greatest with Bing.

- BlackBerry devices with OS 7 and earlier render Bing, but not Google Maps.

- Android and BlackBerry 10 render both well.

You can pick the map to send back based on your contact list when you add them as an authorized requestor. Otherwise the default map that you picked will be sent.

Lastly please consider leaving a review in BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    Left a review!

Posted via CB10
    Cong Tuan Nguyen likes this.
    09-19-13 09:30 PM
    Left a review!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks very much! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions or feature requests!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 06:52 AM
    very surprised that BB10 doesn't already have this feature already haha
    06-21-14 04:49 PM
    It sounds really interesting.

I just know there are two ways about how to track the GPS location of a cellphone.
    First, you can find out the GPS location from the built-in GPS tracking program or if a program is available for download.
    Each carrier offers its own services. You can learn about it by calling customer-service centre. Most of these carrier-offered programs come with a monthly access fee.
    Second, find software to use with GPS feature offered. Mobile Spy is popular for thousands of various phones.
    It is an easy-to-use and powerful Mobile Spy Software at a reasonable price. It tracks not only the GPS location, but also almost all the call activities, such as call logs, text messages, website history and so on. With Mobile Spy, you will easily know where the phone is and what the people carring the Phone is doing.
    Mobile Spy Software - Mobile Phone Spy App you can know more from here.
    07-02-14 08:41 PM
    Free promo code: MAPSHOT2015A - 150 copies
    01-25-15 01:07 PM
    hi, can anyone tell me if this app would work without a data plan or out of phone signal range??
    01-26-15 05:40 PM
    hi, can anyone tell me if this app would work without a data plan or out of phone signal range??
    The app works without a data connection if you send a request via SMS. You'd need a signal to receive the SMS though. As long as the phone can get a signal from the GPS satellites it'll work.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 08:38 PM