Hide My Pics is the latest offering from SCrApps; this app allows you to protect your personal pictures with AES 256bit Encryption! Hide My Pics also can be used for videos, documents, and other files that you want to keep private.

Hide My Pics - Encrypt and Password Protect sensitive pictures, videos, and other files-bigone.jpg

First, let me be clear: Hide My Pics can be used for so much more than just Pictures!
    The following functions are applicable for any time of file:

Password Protection: Hide My Pics is password protected; only you can access it.

Move to App Storage: Photos and other files can be moved to internal app memory.
    Note: DO NOT delete this app without first moving your files from App Storage, you will lose them forever!

View/Move from App Storage (any file): move files from App Storage to Documents/Work folder, or view files that you've moved there.By "View" I mean you can view your images, watch your videos, and open your documents. You never have to remove them from App Storage.

Extension Change: A quick and easy way to hide a file. Renamed files are saved as .ren files, and moved to the Documents/Work folder of your device memory. If you change the extension, it's best to change it back using the app rather than manually.

Restore Extension: Restore a .ren file's original extension.

Encryption (images only): Encrypt your pictures with AES using your password. AES is essentially unbreakable. Encrypted pictures are saved as .pcr files, and moved to the Documents/Work folder of your device memory.
    Encryption can take a minute for large photos.

Decrypt Images (images only): Decrypt your pictures to .png format.

View Encrypted Pics (images only): View an encrypted .pcr in the app without decrypting it.

View Renamed Pics (images only): View a renamed .ren in the app.

Hide My Pics actually adds two layers of protection to your images (not counting password protection!): First, as mentioned, they're encrypted with AES 256 bit encryption. But even in the practically impossible likelihood that someone decrypted them, they would just be decrypting them to an encoded string which would have to be AGAIN decrypted using base64. I may be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain no other application offers this level of protection for your private photos.

Hide My Pics is available in BlackBerry World (or will be very soon, depending on BlackBerry's Servers). It is available for the low price of $1.99.

Questions? Requests? Want to view more pictures? Just post in this thread or email me and I'll get right back to you!

BlackBerry World Link: BlackBerry World - Hide My Pics
    sushistew and ..Steve.. like this.
    08-19-13 03:19 PM
    Very cool, Shane!! Usefull for many I'm sure.
    08-19-13 05:03 PM
    Actually I know a website that can do the same and it's pretty easy to use: http://www.encryptpicture.com
    11-16-13 07:15 PM
    Just checked that link, it's a cool picture encryption tool but not the same thing.
    11-17-13 01:14 AM
    There is another app called hide my pictures. I have this installed, waited for updates, but they never came. I line that app because of the clean interface.
    When you open it up, you have to enter a password (safe box does this more beautifully^^) and then you can view your hided pics and can share them. Problem is for me, i love it, but id like to be able to have a slide show mode, video support and creating folders. I couldnt be more happy. There is just one app that can do this, but it costs 8,99 :,(
    11-20-13 06:09 AM