In all existing Biorhythm calculation apps, if one wants to check his biorhythms he needs to launch the app to see the information. Headless Biorhythm is different - it works invisibly in the background and automatically delivers daily Biorhythm readings right to the BB10 Hub in form of a notification, at the time chosen by the user. This way you'll never forget to check your biorhythm and you don't have to do anything to see it; it doesn't even take opening the notification as the biorhythm values are included in its title and can be read directly from the main Hub page or even from the Lock screen. You'll be notified about the arrival of your new daily Biorhythm reading just like in case of any other notification - with the chosen LED color and/or notification sound.

The notification body contains full information - current values of all primary cycles along with their interpretation, plus your current age in days, as well as in years months and days. In the notification, you can tap on the "Open" action button to launch the UI part which additionally shows the monthly graph. In the app you can also change the birthdate and notification time, or you can tap on the "Get Now" button to have the biorhythm notification sent to the Hub instantly. There is no need to delete the notifications - each day the existing one gets automatically replaced by a new one so that always only the current Biorhythm data is shown.

There is also a "Share" feature to quickly and easily share current Biorhythm values via SMS, email, social services, etc.

The headless part is very small and written entirely in C++, it uses virtually no CPU time or power (0.05% or so) so it can be kept running all the time without any impact on phone's performance or battery life.

Just configure your birth date and notification time, close the app and forget about it -- since then you'll be getting your daily Biorhythm readings automatically.

Headless Biorhythm for BB10 - get daily Biorhythm readings automatically to the BB10 Hub-headless_biorhythm_bb10_1.jpg

Headless Biorhythm for BB10 - get daily Biorhythm readings automatically to the BB10 Hub-headless_biorhythm_bb10_2.jpg

Headless Biorhythm for BB10 - get daily Biorhythm readings automatically to the BB10 Hub-headless_biorhythm_bb10_3.jpg

Headless Biorhythm for BB10 - get daily Biorhythm readings automatically to the BB10 Hub-headless_biorhythm_bb10_4.jpg

Headless Biorhythm for BB10 - get daily Biorhythm readings automatically to the BB10 Hub-headless_biorhythm_bb10_5.jpg

Headless Biorhythm for BB10 - get daily Biorhythm readings automatically to the BB10 Hub-headless_biorhythm_bb10_6.jpg

Price: $0.99
    Link: Headless Biorhythm - BlackBerry World

petertinh and vcsult like this.
    03-31-15 11:16 PM
    Waiting for redeem code

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport on OS 10.3.1.2708 SR 10.3.1.1865
    03-31-15 11:37 PM
    I'm a little confused. What's is this "biorhythm" and how does one measure it?

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    04-01-15 12:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nothing is measured, just based on supposed periodical cycles. Sounds like a pseudoscience... but certainly not the worse one (hey, at least it uses math).

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 12:37 AM
    Good luck with your app. Thanks for supporting BB10 devices.
    BurningPlatform likes this.
    04-01-15 12:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Swipe down from the top and click 'About'. Explains all.

Ian.

Sent from my Z30
    04-01-15 01:10 AM
    Will your app help me stay regular??

Caper in Toronto.
    04-01-15 01:19 AM
    Nice

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 02:27 AM
    You "measure" (or rather calculate) it with apps like this one.

As for the Biorhythm theory, it is as follows:

In the early years of 1900, two researchers in medicine and psychology, Dr. Wilhelm Fliess of Berlin and Dr. Hermann Swoboda of Vienna independently discovered 23-day high and low tides in physical resistance and 28-day tides in the nervous system. About 20 years later a doctor of engineering and teacher, Alfred Teltscher, collected performance reports of high school and college students at Innsbruck. He discovered 33-day high and low tides in intellectual ability. Biorhythm theory states that humans are influenced by three biological cycles. The physical cycle is 23 days long and influences physical factors like coordination, strength, endurance and resistance to disease. The emotional cycle is 28 days long and influences emotional states like love and hate, optimism and pessimism, passion and coldness, and depression and elation. The intellectual cycle is 33 days long and influences memory, alertness, learning, reasoning and accuracy of computation. Each of these cycles has high and low periods. The cycles begin at the moment of birth, entering the high period of each cycle. The cycles begin at zero, proceed through a positive period, back through zero, go through a negative period, back through zero and the cycle repeats. Energies and abilities are high during the positive periods and low during the negative periods. Critical days occur when a cycle crosses its zero point. These are times when abilities vary wildly, from extremely high to extremely low. Special attention is needed for various cycle combinations.

Pseudoscience or not, I've been observing my own biorhythms from time to time for some 15 years. Not that I am a strong believer in such things, it just happened that in 2002 (for the Nokia Communicator) I wrote probably the very first Biorhythm app for smartphones and then I ported it to a number of devices, so I had a chance to deal with it a number of times accross the last 15 years. Amazingly - most of the time the cycles quite closely matched my physical/emotional/intellectual condition. I observed that very often I was getting more easily tired, annoyed, distracted, more nervous etc. when the cycles were low. So maybe there is something in it, certainly more than in a horoscope :-). I guess that everyone has to decide himself. Menstrual cycle in women is regular and cyclical, the need to sleep is regular and cyclical, etc., so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that also intellectual, emotional and possibly some other abilities and energies are also cyclical with periods of higher and lower states, i.e. when the body first accumulates/recharges the energy and then uses it for some time, and then again needs some rest to re-accumulate the energy and so on. Quite logical.

It's just that I found it tiring to have to remember to launch an app to check my biorhythms and most of the time I was forgetting about it, so I decided to make a headless version of it that works in the background and takes care to automatically notify me each day about my biorhythms. It uses some 0.02% of CPU and battery, so it can be kept running permanently without any impact on performance or battery life...
    04-01-15 02:35 AM
    Absolutely brilliant app - although I didn't agree with what it said about me today. Never mind, it's still a great thing to have!
    04-02-15 12:05 AM
    Absolutely brilliant app - although I didn't agree with what it said about me today. Never mind, it's still a great thing to have!
    Thank you!

Please note, however, that biorhythms DO NOT directly say how you will feel, but rather how much resistant or susceptible you will be to certain external factors. For instance, low emotional cycle does not mean that you will be angry all the time, it only means that in certain situations (which may happen or not) you may get upset more easily or react more emotionally than during the high part of the cycle when it'll be easier for you to stay calm in a given situation. Similarly, low physical cycle doesn't mean that you'll just feel bad, it only means that doing certain things you may get tired more quickly, that your reaction will be slower, etc. But of course the biorhythm "can't know" your actual situation, so for example right after a very busy, stressful and tiring week you may feel more exhausted and tired in the high tide of the cycle, than after a relaxing week (e.g. vacations at the seaside) in the low part of the cycle....Similarly, even if your emotional cycle is low but at that time everything in your life goes well, you'll certainly be in a much better emotional condition than when the emotional cycle is high but everything around you is ****ed up :-) Biorhythm cycles just tell you how much resistant or susceptible you may be to certain things, not how you will actually feel, because it depends on countless other things.... As I said, they're not a horoscope.

P.S. If you guys like the app, please rate/review it on BBW -- thank you!
    Last edited by BurningPlatform; 04-02-15 at 01:30 AM.
    04-02-15 01:12 AM
    Amazingly - most of the time the cycles quite closely matched my physical/emotional/intellectual condition. I observed that very often I was getting more easily tired, annoyed, distracted, more nervous etc. when the cycles were low. So maybe there is something in it, certainly more than in a horoscope :-). I guess that everyone has to decide himself. Menstrual cycle in women is regular and cyclical, the need to sleep is regular and cyclical, etc., so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that also intellectual, emotional and possibly some other abilities and energies are also cyclical with periods of higher and lower states, i.e. when the body first accumulates/recharges the energy and then uses it for some time, and then again needs some rest to re-accumulate the energy and so on. Quite logical.
    Sounds like confirmation bias.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 09:40 AM
    Sounds like confirmation bias.
    Maybe. I did not say that I guarantee that the biorhythm theory is true, nor was it me who invented it but some researchers 100+ years ago. I just made an app for it, and all I can guarantee is that THE APP works fine, that its calculations are correct and that it is very power- and CPU-efficient (0,01% or so). As for the biorhythm theory itself, it's up to everyone to decide (I guess that there are lots of discussions about it on the Internet, easy to find) - I definitely do not force anyone to buy it, do I?
    FF22 likes this.
    04-16-15 10:30 AM
    Maybe. I did not say that I guarantee that the biorhythm theory is true, nor was it me who invented it but some researchers 100+ years ago. I just made an app for it, and all I can guarantee is that THE APP works fine, that its calculations are correct and that it is very power- and CPU-efficient (0,01% or so). As for the biorhythm theory itself, it's up to everyone to decide (I guess that there are lots of discussions about it on the Internet, easy to find) - I definitely do not force anyone to buy it, do I?
    I have a friend with a BACH Science degree in Nursing and an MBA in accounting. She's big time into astrology!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (there can't be enough exclamation points). Biorhythms seem more scientific.
    04-16-15 03:22 PM
    MBA in Accounting doesn't necessarily require critical thinking. BSc should though.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-16-15 09:32 PM
    It always amazes me how much energy people waste on criticizing and complaining. If that energy could be transformed into electricity, half of nuclear power plants could be shut down. I wish at least a small fraction of it was spent on positive feedback instead, but no.
    04-17-15 07:58 AM
    I'm glad your app works well, but calling out pseudoscience for what it is, is indeed positive.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 10:25 AM
    I'm glad your app works well, but calling out pseudoscience for what it is, is indeed positive.
    Whatever it is, it's really intriguing that you give so much attention to it. I never said that it is science, the description clearly says that it is just a theory of three researchers from early 1900's. Every thinking person is able to judge it him/herself.

Pseudoscience.... you never know what is science and what is pseudoscience. Not so long ago everyone believed that Einstein's theory is 100% valid for everything, only to realize shortly then that it just doesn't work for quantum physics. Now that scientists are able to slow down or even stop the light, quite possibly soon we'll learn that the entire theory is wrong, i.e. pseudoscience. So be careful, because what appears to be science today may no longer be such tomorrow, and vice versa. Herbalism is also considered (by conceited scientists who still don't even really know how the human brain works or how many planets there are in the solar system) pseudoscience, while it's been healing people for thousands of years.

Anyway, it's just an app, so chill out. If you have some spare time to kill, why don't you provide some feedback on some of the other apps of mine, e.g. the astronomical ones like MoonCalc, SunCalc, StarFinder, etc., based on strictly scientific formulas, i.e. what you seem to like the most. Would be so much more helpful.
    czechberry and anon(2313227) like this.
    04-17-15 05:25 PM
    I'm pleased to inform that Headless Biorhythm is now Built for BlackBerry approved.

Headless Biorhythm for BB10 - get daily Biorhythm readings automatically to the BB10 Hub-built_for_blackberry.png
    04-28-15 05:20 PM
    Happy to pay for a native app with proper background mode!
    Even if I might only use the daily reminder for how old I am in days, (years, months, days) and probably will not pay much attention to my biorhythm.

Side note: there is still no activity (walking, running, moving,...) measuring background-mode app on BlackBerry. This one could be a start for something like that!

Thanks for the effort, your app looks nice, tidy and polished!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 05:58 PM
    I've purchased all of your apps and I do mean each and every one!

Why didn't you just update the Biorythm Pro app to support headless instead of creating a separate app that pretty much does the same thing?

I feel a little ripped-off right about now...

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 06:26 PM
    I've purchased all of your apps and I do mean each and every one! Why didn't you just update the Biorythm Pro app to support headless instead of creating a separate app that pretty much does the same thing? I feel a little ripped-off right about now...
    Hey, thank you for using all of my apps. I assume that you like them and that they serve you well, or else you probably wouldn't buy the remaining ones... Please be assured that all of them will be further developed and that you'll get many improvements and enhancements in the future.

As for the two Biorhythm apps, the older (non-headless) one could not be simply updated with headless functionality at this point because for now it is still a Qt/QtQuick/Qt Components app -- the headless functionality is NOT AVAILABLE for this kind of app. It will need to be rewritten from scratch in Cascades (which will happen at some point) and only then adding a headless service to it will be possible. In other words, it wasn't TECHNICALLY possible at this point.

Secondly, the apps serve slightly different purpose. The headless one is meant to run invisibly in the background all the time so it was optimized for smallest possible size and maximum resource (power, CPU usage, memory) efficiency. Less eye-candy than the normal version, less graphical elements, etc. and thanks to it much more compact size and nearly zero CPU/battery use, i.e. what's the most important for a headless app. While the non-headless app is mostly QML+JS, the headless one was rewritten entirely in C++. They also have different feature set: the older "UI" app supports two persons simultaneously and allows switching between their readings with a single tap, whereas the headless one supports one person as there would be no space to show values for two persons in the Hub's notification's title or on the Lock screen.

Thirdly, if I added the wholly new headless functionality to the existing app, I'd probably need to slightly increase its price, so I thought that having two separate apps instead (both with the same, lowest possible, price) would be a better choice, as this way everyone can choose which of them better suits his needs.

Lastly, the app is just $0.99, so let's not exaggerate with the 'rip-off'... As I wrote, please expect multiple future updates and enhancements which will surely repay the amount you spent on the app. Please also note that I regularly update and add features to all my apps (that you also have) and I have NEVER increased (and do not intend to do it in the future) prices of any of them, so you should not feel ripped-off because you regularly get (and will keep getting) additional features for free.

Happy to pay for a native app with proper background mode! Even if I might only use the daily reminder for how old I am in days, (years, months, days) and probably will not pay much attention to my biorhythm.

Side note: there is still no activity (walking, running, moving,...) measuring background-mode app on BlackBerry. This one could be a start for something like that!

Thanks for the effort, your app looks nice, tidy and polished!
    Thank you very much, I'm glad that you like the app! The activity measuring headless app suggested by you is a very interesting idea, I will think about it.
    Last edited by BurningPlatform; 04-29-15 at 08:12 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-29-15 08:02 PM
    That makes sense, thank you Burning Platform!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 11:49 PM
    Hi BerryRipe, I've read your review @ BBW. I tried to PM you but it doesn't work, so I'm replying here as I don't know any other way to contact you.

According to this app I'm never at my optimum performance...I trust this developer so it's not his or the apps fault but I'm starting to question the scientists theory behind biorhythms. It's depressing thinking I'll never be one hundred percent EVER. I'm deleting this app NOW but can't wait for Burning Platform to make a another app.
    Biorhythms are sine waves, each of them with the same amplitude but different period. So if or when all three 'meet' at their peak values is pure mathematics. Indeed, there is no point at which all these three sines meet at exactly 100.00% (the closest is day 17003 of one's life - they're all so close to 100% that this app shows them all as 100%) but there are lots of days when they're at various combinations very close to 100% (e.g. 100%, 100% and 98%, or 99%, 99%, 98%, etc.).

But I don't really understand why would you expect them all to be at exactly 100%. What kind of difference does it make to you if it is 99% or 100%? I doubt if you could sense it in any way. Besides, how long would such an EXACT 100% point last? Infinitely SHORT. Not even "one millisecond", as even that would be an APPROXIMATION. It's a sine wave, so it progresses all the time. At one point it reaches 100.00 and the very next millisecond it's already back to 99.99999999999999999999 or so. Values shown by the app are obviously AVERAGES for the given day, as no one really needs anything more precise than that.

Nothing's perfect in this world, it's just how close to perfection something can get. And with combinations in the range of 99% / 99% / 100% happening quite often (and combinations like 97% / 99% / 98% even more often), you do get quite close to pefect conditions regularly.

As for the biorhythm theory itself, I don't know if it's true or not. I only made an app to calculate them, and all I can guarantee is that the CALCULATIONS are 100% correct, not whether the theory itself is or isn't true. All I know is that almost entire our knowledge is based on theories: theory of strings, theory of big bang, theory of gravity, etc., so it's just a theory like any other.
    10-14-16 12:56 PM