10-01-18 04:26 AM
145 123 ...
tools
    App Name: GPS Navigation and Offline Maps
    Summary: Brand new offline navigation application from Mireo, authors of DON'T PANIC.
    Link to BlackBerry World Listing: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/59971096
    Price: FREE

Features:
    Genius Maps is a free application that installs on your phone. It's an offline route planning, exploration and navigation app that doesn't require a mobile internet connection to search and navigate. All the maps are stored on your device, so there are no roaming costs and your battery lasts longer.

Genius Maps offers a free 7 day trial with fully-functional Pro Guidance and Live Traffic that can be activated at any time. Choose to upgrade to Pro Guidance and Live Traffic during or after the trial or simply continue using the free professional-grade maps for planning routes and exploring with the pedestrian navigation at no cost.

Maps can be downloaded and removed freely as often as you want even after completing the trial.

IN-APP PURCHASES

PRO GUIDANCE enables turn-by-turn voice instructions in your language, automatic rerouting, speed limit alerts, POI along the route and unlimited map updates for a selected region. Pro Guidance is a paid option with a lifetime license for an individual country or selected region.

LIVE TRAFFIC lets you know about congestion, road works and accidents and reroutes your trip automatically. Instantly view realtime traffic info and adjusted travel times on multiple saved routes. Live Traffic is a paid option with a lifetime license for a selected region and it requires a mobile internet connection.

SAFETY CAMERAS informs you about approaching safety camera locations so you can be more alert to your surroundings and drive safer. Safety Cameras is a paid option with a lifetime license for a selected country or region.

Please check under Settings in the Genius Maps app for pricing and availability.

REGIONAL INFORMATION

Pro Guidance Regions:
    Asia/Pacific, Europe, Middle East/Africa, North America, Central/South America

Live Traffic Regions:
    Europe, Middle East/Africa, North America, Central/South America, Asia Pacific

Safety Cameras Countries:
    Austria, Belgium & Luxembourg, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, The Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The United Kingdom, Romania, New Zealand, Australia.

Free Professional Navigation Maps by Region:
    EUROPE
    Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City

NORTH AMERICA
    United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands

ASIA/PACIFIC
    Australia, Brunei, Hong Kong SAR China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, New Zealand, Singapore, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam

CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA
    Argentina, Bahamas, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, French Guiana, Martinique, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Barthlemy, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela

MIDDLE EAST/AFRICA
    Angola, Bahrain, Botswana, Burundi, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Cte dIvoire, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lesotho, Malawi, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Runion, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Zambia, Zimbabwe

And, finally, some obligatory screenshots:
    Genius Maps: GPS Navigation and Offline Maps-gm-23-01.png
    Genius Maps: GPS Navigation and Offline Maps-gm-23-02.png
    Genius Maps: GPS Navigation and Offline Maps-gm-23-03.png
    Genius Maps: GPS Navigation and Offline Maps-gm-23-04.png
    Genius Maps: GPS Navigation and Offline Maps-gm-23-05.png
    Genius Maps: GPS Navigation and Offline Maps-gm-23-06.png
    Genius Maps: GPS Navigation and Offline Maps-gm-23-07.png
    Attachment 372313
    Attached Thumbnails Genius Maps: GPS Navigation and Offline Maps-gm-35-z10-02.png  
    czechberry, 00stryder and pystha like this.
    09-21-15 04:05 AM
    Anyone know the difference between this app and don't panic?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 04:19 AM
    Hello,

This is completely new application. You can try for yourself, there's 7-day free trial.
    In short:
    • You can download and remove maps freely, as you need them.
    • Map browsing, search and routing works even if you do not purchase anything
    • For turn-by-turn guidance, spoken instruction and map updates you have to buy one of the Pro Guidance packages
    • Many more...
    09-21-15 04:54 AM
    Hello,

This is completely new application. You can try for yourself, there's 7-day free trial.
    In short:
    • You can download and remove maps freely, as you need them.
    • Map browsing, search and routing works even if you do not purchase anything
    • For turn-by-turn guidance, spoken instruction and map updates you have to buy one of the Pro Guidance packages
    • Many more...
    just checked and its not for the classic any idea why not?
    09-21-15 05:11 AM
    It was an omission on our side. Fixed now.
    will308 likes this.
    09-21-15 05:48 AM
    Hi, just downloaded on my Passport, looks great so far but unable to input street number. On screen keyboard not popping up to allow number input. Any ideas?

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    09-21-15 06:30 AM
    Free and then?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 06:31 AM
    Free and then?

Posted via CB10
    Looks like anything from $19.99US -$49.99 depending on region selected for Pro guidance. Live traffic from $12.99US -$29.99, again depending on region.
    Has a few minor bugs that I can tell, search input on Passport doesn't allow for street numbers, as the on screen keyboard doesn't pop up. And text input doesn't allow cursor movement, to make a correction you have to delete rather than moving cursor.
    I'd also like to know where maps are downloaded to??

09-21-15 06:47 AM
    Well just playing around with it on my PP, cannot enter any vkb items, figures etc, which makes it almost useless for in Switzerland
    Otherwise looks great! But prizy too...

Does anybody know, if you ever jumped back to Android or would buy it and wanted to install on droid, would this be possible with reload of buyed maps?

Have my note 3 right now serving as a GPS device with HERE maps

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 07:00 AM
    Passport keyboard bug will be fixed in a day or two. Maps can be downloaded either on internal memory or on SD card.
    pystha likes this.
    09-21-15 07:09 AM
    Passport keyboard bug will be fixed in a day or two. Maps can be downloaded either on internal memory or on SD card.
    Can't seem to find where it downloaded to, what is default location?

09-21-15 07:10 AM
    I already bought Dont Panic maps and Traffic. Is it possible to use my licences in Genius Maps?
    pystha likes this.
    09-21-15 07:18 AM
    Can't seem to find where it downloaded to, what is default location?
    Default location on internal memory is in application sandbox i.e. not visible by other applications, on SD card it's the Arthur folder.
    pystha likes this.
    09-21-15 07:21 AM
    I already bought Dont Panic maps and Traffic. Is it possible to use my licences in Genius Maps?
    Unfortunately no. We use different map data and live traffic providers(s) for Genius Maps.
    09-21-15 07:24 AM
    Default location on internal memory is in application sandbox i.e. not visible by other applications, on SD card it's the Arthur folder.
    So where is the option to choose? And how would I delete the map from my device?

09-21-15 07:25 AM
    Unfortunately no. We use different map data and live traffic providers(s) for Genius Maps.
    Will there be further updates (App, maps, services) to Dont Panic?
    09-21-15 07:26 AM
    So where is the option to choose? And how would I delete the map from my device?
    If your SD card is visible (you have to enable "Access Shared Storage" app permission) there should be menu where you can choose download location. There's also an option in application settings.
    To remove map: menu -> Manage Maps -> choose installed map -> tap "Remove". Simple.
    pystha likes this.
    09-21-15 07:33 AM
    Will there be further updates (App, maps, services) to Dont Panic?
    New update (4.7.8) is published just today.

UPDATE: Support for DP after 4.7.8 will be only for bugfixes i.e. this is probably the last maps update.
    Last edited by Boris Bralo; 09-21-15 at 09:54 AM. Reason: correction
    09-21-15 07:38 AM
    If your SD card is visible (you have to enable "Access Shared Storage" app permission) there should be menu where you can choose download location. There's also an option in application settings.
    To remove map: menu -> Manage Maps -> choose installed map -> tap "Remove". Simple.
    Ok, I didn't allow access to my files so that would be why no option was given. It is obviously saved on device. Thanks for your speedy replies. The app looks good but will see how bug fixes go and give the trial a weeks run before committing to purchase. It does seem expensive but a lot of work has gone into this app and full of features. Thanks for developing for BB10, it is greatly appreciated.

09-21-15 07:39 AM
    So found the app on google play store, would I have to buy two maps to be able to switch using devices in car?
    Could I also use same licene on a second BlackBerry?

App looks great, much better than 'don't panic'!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 07:39 AM
    I also found that I had to close app and re-open to delete my map. Once permissions were changed it wouldn't give choice of download location, so I had to close then re-open to give map save location. Not a big issue, probably standard practice??

09-21-15 07:47 AM
    So found the app on google play store, would I have to buy two maps to be able to switch using devices in car?
    Could I also use same licene on a second BlackBerry?

App looks great, much better than 'don't panic'!

Posted via CB10
    We do not limit the number of devices where you can use purchased licenses. I think that you can use as many as you want as long as you use the same Blackberry ID. The licenses are not transferable between Blackberry and other platforms (iOS, Android) and vice versa.
    nimra likes this.
    09-21-15 07:49 AM
    In the USA, BB Maps is free voice assisted turn by turn navigation with traffic re-routing. However, it has no pedestrian routes (walking), no offline maps and is at times visually challenging in and around Metropolitan areas (compared say with Navigon Reality View and lane assist). I think this all depends on pricing.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-21-15 08:01 AM
    We do not limit the number of devices where you can use purchased licenses. I think that you can use as many as you want as long as you use the same Blackberry ID. The licenses are not transferable between Blackberry and other platforms (iOS, Android) and vice versa.
    This is good and nice for the BlackBerry ID, but then I would consider to buy on droid and downoad via gpstore onto BlackBerry...hm...!?!?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 08:02 AM
    Two bugs found sofar on my PP, besides the pkb:
    - doesn't recognize map I downloaded to SD
    - turn screen on PP not working

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 08:06 AM
145 123 ...