Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
05-13-16 12:16 PM
212 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Understood. I figured the response would be something along those lines but wanted to make sure. Good luck with that venture. I'll be making the purchase regardless after I make the jump to 10.3.2 later this week. #Salute

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 11:56 AM
    I can only go as high as Adobe or BlackBerry is willing to compile.
    This answers my question, too:
    Zeus browser has lots of security issues.
    So I'd recommend anyone not to use it as primary browser, but rather as an exception for a few trustworthy sites. (If at all)
    Last edited by Maxxxpower; 07-07-15 at 12:45 PM.
    07-07-15 12:31 PM
    Understood. I figured the response would be something along those lines but wanted to make sure. Good luck with that venture. I'll be making the purchase regardless after I make the jump to 10.3.2 later this week. #Salute

Posted via CB10
    No problem, thanks for the support

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    07-07-15 12:45 PM
    I for one love the logo and have no qualms with the name. I'm a Flash fan though, so I got the reference in the icon right away. Clever in my view.

I even got WWE Network to load in the browser and play video. The Android WWE App can't even do that on a BlackBerry.

Very cool. Best 99 I've spent in quite some time.
    1raygin and anon(8908445) like this.
    07-07-15 12:49 PM
    First: I appreciate your work and I am one of the Blackberry users who would be very interested in a browser that works and gives us an ad blocker.
    But, I got I serious question concerning this browser, no offense!:
    -Adobe stopped development of Mobile Flash years ago
    -Blackberry had a license for further development, but ditched it, too
    -Doesn't that imply that this browser with added mobile Flash has many, many unfixed bugs/flaws/security holes? I mean, Adobe releases a patch for desktop Flash that fixes several critical issues every month. So lots of fixes from the last months/years are missing in this version?
    I didn't see this until now . This is always a necessary discussion...

This is the same version of Flash that ships with BlackBerry 10.3, and ships on most BB10 phones sold today. I'd say it's quite a stretch to worry *that* much about Flash on QNX. Remember they removed it in 10.3.1 because they didn't want to pay licensing, not due to security.

However, a bit of background to mention. Prior to BB10 I was a Flash and AS3 developer, the very few security items that popped up over the years are Windows exploits. I haven't seen anyway Flash 11.1 can be exploited on QNX, but your experience may be different.

More interestingly, I also am an Amazon developer and run a pretty decent AntiVirus on BB10. All of the risk I've had reported has come in as Malware infected APK's and infected applications from Amazon, which has no vetting process or through browser downloads. Again though, they post some but minimal risk to BlackBerry. But these have heightened access over Flash - they can access your shared files and contacts and phone information.

I'm not saying flash isn't a risk, but it is double sandboxed. This makes it much less of a risk than say HTML5 running with app permissions inside a WebWorks app where any JS or code injection now has cloned app permissions unfiltered - by comparison this would be blocked by the flash player, then the app, and then the OS. But if I thought this posed a real risk on QNX, I wouldn't release it, but that also doesn't mean my risk assessment trumps individual opinions on the risk.

Unfortunately 11 percent of websites still serve flash content, a 3 percent reduction from last year. Suggesting there are at least 3 or 4 years away from some users not needing it in some capacity. So in the meantime it's great to have a solution for that handful of sites that just need it that you can't do without . I'm with you though, only use a flash browser when you need it.

Last edited by KermEd; 07-07-15 at 01:06 PM.
    07-07-15 12:54 PM
    I for one love the logo and have no qualms with the name. I'm a Flash fan though, so I got the reference in the icon right away. Clever in my view.

I even got WWE Network to load in the browser and play video. The Android WWE App can't even do that on a BlackBerry.

Very cool. Best 99 I've spent in quite some time.
    Very cool I know a few sports sites still stick to Flash, absolutely makes sense to me. Thanks for supporting!

vjfratiani likes this.
    07-07-15 12:57 PM
    I didn't see this until now . This is always a necessary discussion...
    Wow, thanks for your detailed answer.
    vjfratiani likes this.
    07-07-15 01:07 PM
    Wow, thanks for your detailed answer.
    Thanks for raising a good (and very critical) question. Security is all too often left to the back burner

vjfratiani likes this.
    07-07-15 01:52 PM
    Bought it....its less than a cup of coffee folks. Un real.

Thanks to the dev. Works sharp.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    KermEd and anon(8908445) like this.
    07-07-15 01:56 PM
    Promo code?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 02:26 PM
    Aw, there might be a free code? Oh well, I already bought it, no biggie, a dollar will not kill me, plus I'll definitely have use for this. I have a few suggestions/questions/bug reports though.

This one I posted in the comments of the article on the front page:

Any possibility to make it so if you type crackberry com that pressing enter would automatically go to crackberry.com like the stock browser does? URL handling is honestly one of the most important things for me. It's the reason evolution browser has been deleted and why I don't bother with the others. This one is almost perfect, has the "U" shortcut and typing automatically replaces the current url like it should, the only thing missing is going to the url being default when you use space to replace the dots rather than needing you to select it.

Also, when you press the menu button to show the 3-dot menu out, if you use the trackpad to try to scroll up that list, it exits the menu, pretty annoying.

And the "G" shortcut doesn't seem to work.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    07-07-15 02:38 PM
    Please don't take this the wrong way, this clearly is a useful product, however, one would question your naming of this product as "Zeus Browser" given the fact that "Zeus" is the most widespread and most threatening financial malware that targets browsers!

As I say, probably a great product, however is a marketing disaster to name your browser Zeus browser since Zeus attacks the browser and is to this day the malware that generates the most money for cyber criminals.

I would rename this ASAP.

Hope you take this observation as it is intended.

Having this name will possibly expose your product to undue ridicule.

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    Lol some people are just too funny zeus is already old news. Zeus browser is the way of the future

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    KermEd likes this.
    07-07-15 03:14 PM
    Promo code?

Posted via CB10
    They are all used up, I think the 250 codes lasted all of about 3 seconds once they were approved
    nick13b likes this.
    07-07-15 03:14 PM
    Adobe confirms Flash vulnerability found via Hacking Team leak, promises patch tomorrow

I just had this hit my inbox: Adobe confirms Flash vulnerability found via Hacking Team leak, promises patch tomorrow | VentureBeat | Security | by Emil Protalinski

I mentioned earlier about the importance of BlackBerry and how the Flash plugin technically sits inside 2 software layers of sand-boxing plus 1 OS layer. This is a good example - the exploit above only affects Linux, Windows and Mac OS. It doesn't impact mobile - but it was a good chance to validate the findings (and yes, I was going "please don't prove me wrong, please don't prove me wrong" during the testing).

I installed the exploit on a test URL on my server and ran several tests to replicate the exploit inside Zeus Browser. I can confirm that the byte-array length was the same before and after, and that the remote execution attempt was rejected and did not execute.

Zeus Browser and the Flash Plugin were not affected by the exploit in my testing. However, if you are running Flash at home on your laptops or computers, update it tomorrow ASAP.
    07-07-15 03:19 PM
    Any possibility to make it so if you type crackberry com that pressing enter would automatically go to crackberry.com like the stock browser does?

Also, when you press the menu button to show the 3-dot menu out, if you use the trackpad to try to scroll up that list, it exits the menu, pretty annoying.

And the "G" shortcut doesn't seem to work.

Love the ideas & bug reports, makes sense and added to the list for the next update!
    07-07-15 03:26 PM
    Bought it, works great! Nice to have Flash support back

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    07-07-15 03:36 PM
    Love the ideas & bug reports, makes sense and added to the list for the next update!
    Coolio man, I bought it already and will keep it installed for use when I need flash support. Make those changes and it'll easily become my default browser. :-)

KermEd and anon(8908445) like this.
    07-07-15 03:58 PM
    Kerm, I haven't bought the app but does it include user agent switching?
    Would like to be able to use custom user agents Kerm, I haven't bought the app but does it include user agent switching?
    Would like to be able to use custom user agents

Imo, the biggest problem with the bb10 browser is that barely any websites respect the bb10 native browser user agent. Even ones that do serve the mobile website often don't serve the same quality of mobile website to bb10 as android or ios. Usually a stripped version or a version that still offers flash content.

Www.worldstarhiphop.com is a good example.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    07-07-15 08:17 PM
    Just looked at the other products in your portfolio. Are you the chap my company gave free access to our malicious binary feed for the AM product?

Also, noticed with the Zeus browser, it does not appear to scale in the same way the native BlackBerry browser does. That is to say, it shows pages as if one were browsing on a PC as opposed to a mobile device. Check this by visiting Google. Zeus browser shows it as it would appear in a desktop browser, native BlackBerry browser shows the page in a zoomed in style more appropriate for a small screen.

Is there a setting in Zeus to alter this so it's optimised for the smaller screen - getting old you see and eyes failing me!

On a serious note, if you need any support, PM me or email me.

Always happy to help small but cool developers.

Well done.

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 08:45 PM
    Maybe it's the Desktop mode setting in the browser.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    07-07-15 08:57 PM
    Kerm, I haven't bought the app but does it include user agent switching?
    Would like to be able to use custom user agents Kerm, I haven't bought the app but does it include user agent switching?
    Would like to be able to use custom user agents

Www.worldstarhiphop.com is a good example.
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    Good question - the User Agents are still the system defaults. But I'm hoping to work them into a future update

07-07-15 09:19 PM
    Maybe it's the Desktop mode setting in the browser.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    Please elaborate - and explain as if you were explaining to a child, it will save us both time!

Thanks,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 09:24 PM
    Just looked at the other products in your portfolio. Are you the chap my company gave free access to our malicious binary feed for the AM product?

Also, noticed with the Zeus browser, it does not appear to scale in the same way the native BlackBerry browser does. That is to say, it shows pages as if one were browsing on a PC as opposed to a mobile device. Check this by visiting Google. Zeus browser shows it as it would appear in a desktop browser, native BlackBerry browser shows the page in a zoomed in style more appropriate for a small screen.

Is there a setting in Zeus to alter this so it's optimised for the smaller screen - getting old you see and eyes failing me!

On a serious note, if you need any support, PM me or email me.

Always happy to help small but cool developers.

Well done.

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Chris,

Yes that would be me!

We tried to tie it into Secure AV - its such a phenomenal resource and I can't thank you enough for your support - I ended up contracting out signature files to a company to be more hands off... The quality is nothing compared to what we could have gathered from your resources. The hard part for us was compiling a custom signature from the data.

Whenever I'm asked about a good resource for new antivirus companies - you guys are the first to mind.

For websites - you bet! It defaults to Flash On, and the display mode is Desktop - this maximizes the odds of flash content triggering on. If you go into settings under development and disable Desktop - it should fix the display for you.

Flash Browser aka Zeus Browser now in AppWorld-img_20150707_202524.png

wikison likes this.
    07-07-15 09:26 PM
    This dev got me all fuzzy and stuff cause' he did a wonderful job in its entirety of developing this browser.

Maybe you sleep in the finest threads, sweet prince.
    KermEd likes this.
    07-07-15 09:36 PM
    Bought and tested it a short while ago, and I can say that it scrolls faster than the built-in browser. Compared the default browser and this Zeus by visiting dailymail.co.uk. I was able to play the (video) Flash content of the site. Same problem for both browsers with horizontal scrolling when browsing kat.cr. I'm using Z3 by the way, maybe it's a device-specific issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 09:46 PM
212 ... 23456 ...