After I made the stupid decision to update my Facebook app and got what BlackBerry called a solution to the Facebook conundrum, I deleted it and installed the beta version from beta zone. At first it wasn't working very good. I only use it for contact and calendar synchronization because I'm using Face10 for regular Facebook usages. I found that when I originally installed it, none of my notifications would open, but that was not a big deal because of Face10 being hub integrated. However this evening I decided to open the stock Facebook app, and found that the app is working better now than it has in a very long time. If Facebook was telling BlackBerry that they were changing the private api's and that the BlackBerry App would no longer work after March 31, why then is it's functionality improving, and not getting worse? Doesn't make any sense that 5 days before it's supposed to not work anymore, that it would start working better. Either Facebook is blowing smoke up BlackBerry's arse, or BlackBerry is blowing smoke up ours. I guess we'll see come the 31st.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 10:09 PM
    After I made the stupid decision to update my Facebook app and got what BlackBerry called a solution to the Facebook conundrum, I deleted it and installed the beta version from beta zone. At first it wasn't working very good. I only use it for contact and calendar synchronization because I'm using Face10 for regular Facebook usages. I found that when I originally installed it, none of my notifications would open, but that was not a big deal because of Face10 being hub integrated. However this evening I decided to open the stock Facebook app, and found that the app is working better now than it has in a very long time. If Facebook was telling BlackBerry that they were changing the private api's and that the BlackBerry App would no longer work after March 31, why then is it's functionality improving, and not getting worse? Doesn't make any sense that 5 days before it's supposed to not work anymore, that it would start working better. Either Facebook is blowing smoke up BlackBerry's arse, or BlackBerry is blowing smoke up ours. I guess we'll see come the 31st.

Posted via CB10
    I said the same from the start, I think it will continue to work those who updated need a way back now is all, I am not saying I an right or spreading false info it is just my two cents and what I believe! Also it's not blackberry as they just fixed the official twitter real app for BB10 it's Facebook!....

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 12:58 AM
    It's possible that Facebook can't tell the difference between the old BB10 app and older versions of their own apps, meaning they can't actually block it.

So there may be some hope for this solution.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    03-27-16 01:40 AM
    It's possible that Facebook can't tell the difference between the old BB10 app and older versions of their own apps, meaning they can't actually block it.

So there may be some hope for this solution.
    They aren't actually blocking it, the APIs are changing rendering it unusable, or at least many things won't work well. We experienced this many times in the past when FB mad a change to their APIs, which caused a problem, then they fixed it.

I have the old version installed too, but don't see that it is working any better, in fact, I no longer have hub notifications for some reason. It works, but no better, or worse than before.
    03-27-16 12:54 PM
    Mine started closing on it's own shortly after I posted this. Weird. Anyway it's still maintaining calendar and contacts synchronization, which with Face10 Pro and Messenger Pro, that's all I really need. As long as those functions keep working, I'm fine with it not opening. I use Face10 to view Facebook anyway.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 07:15 PM
    That is odd. I just checked and mine works fine. It doesn't shut off.

I got used to using the mobile site a long time ago since I didn't want the contact sync, the number of contacts made voice dialing useless, since they weren't excluded from voice dialing no matter what I did. I had FB contacts turned off in Contacts but the system still used them for voice dial. It was maddening. Having them on the phone was nice, but not if they couldn't be excluded from voice dial.

I have Face10 and think it will be nice once the Hub notifications are stable.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 12:04 AM
    Yeah, mine is acting strangely. If I open it from a link in my contacts, it opens fine, and stays open, but if I try to just open for app by tapping the Facebook icon, it starts to open, but then shuts down part way through loading the feed. It's still running in the background though. Doesn't make any sense.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 09:41 AM
    Yeah, mine is acting strangely. If I open it from a link in my contacts, it opens fine, and stays open, but if I try to just open for app by tapping the Facebook icon, it starts to open, but then shuts down part way through loading the feed. It's still running in the background though. Doesn't make any sense.

Posted via CB10
    Mines working flawless are u a roll backer or one whom never upgraded at all? And the others here?....

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 03:59 PM
    Same here. Suddenly the comments. Photos. Ect are all working again. Very odd

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 06:38 PM
    Same here. Suddenly the comments. Photos. Ect are all working again. Very odd

Posted via CB10
    Isn't it the 31st? .........

Well the 31st is coming so we shall see! I bet will still work!
    -CATCH

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 07:04 PM
    Mines working flawless are u a roll backer or one whom never upgraded at all? And the others here?....

Posted via CB10
    Rolled back using version in beta zone.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 10:55 PM
    Rolled back using version in beta zone.

Posted via CB10
    Where does one find that version in Beta Zone? Has it since been removed or am I just blind?

[Edit] I deleted the "updated" app and then checked again in Beta Zone. Was able to roll back. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Hub Integration is going to be hard to do without when and if it goes for good (apparently in two days).
    Last edited by TheBirdDog; 03-30-16 at 08:05 AM.
    03-30-16 07:51 AM
    still working...
    04-01-16 08:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    My wife was having a similar problem. I think I traced it to a post in one of her friend's timeline. Something in some of the new posts crash the FB app. When you you open it from a link in your contacts, it is probably opening the timeline of that link, and that timeline may not have a problematic post in it.

Try opening FaceBook via the web browser and you may be able to see the post causing the problem.
    04-03-16 01:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 04:34 AM
    I am a new user here. I was just so frustrated by the update that I searched for others feeling the same.

Where can I find th Beta version and is it simple to uninstall the updated version to go back to the previous version?

Thanks in advance!
    04-13-16 03:08 PM
    I am a new user here. I was just so frustrated by the update that I searched for others feeling the same.

Where can I find th Beta version and is it simple to uninstall the updated version to go back to the previous version?

Thanks in advance!
    The beta version has been removed from beta zone. I don't know how to extract the bar file, or I'd post it. The only way I know of to get the old version back, is to reinstall your OS. It should come with the install.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 09:30 AM
    The beta version has been removed from beta zone. I don't know how to extract the bar file, or I'd post it. The only way I know of to get the old version back, is to reinstall your OS. It should come with the install.

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-file-1068728/
    here comes with the link , that can help , i did it this morning and with my FB back !!!!
    04-18-16 11:47 PM
    Did not update...the app continues to work fine.
    04-19-16 09:52 AM
    What does Beta Zone mean? How to download the Facebook app? I want calendar synchronization. Please help me. I deleted the browser version.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 05:39 AM
    I have the bar file in my drop box. I don't know how to install it. Can anyone assist me?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 08:13 PM