02-26-17 06:48 PM
44 12
tools
    EasyStreetView is a native Google Maps and Street View client focused on, and optimized for, quick and convenient Street View usage. Easy to use, small (only 30 kB!) and fast.

Unlike in other clients, you don't have to switch back and forth between the map and the street view if you want to change location, no need to drag and drop the Pegman, either.

EasyStreetView for BB10-001.png

This application provides both the map and the street view on one split screen. Simply enter an address to find the desired location and show it on a map, then just tap on a street/place you want to see and... that's it - a marker will be shown on the map and street view will be displayed. You can also set the location directly on the map, or use the "GPS location" option in the menu to set your current location from the GPS receiver.

EasyStreetView for BB10-002.png

The map and street view are integrated with each other - you can switch to a different street anytime just by tapping on different area on the map and street view will change instantly. As you move on the street view, the marker moves on the map (or satellite view), too, always showing you the current, exact location. Under the map you can always see current location's coordinates (latitude and longitude) and current heading (direction you're facing on the street view). The map and street view can be zoomed in/out, panned and rotated independently. You can switch the map between roadmap, satellite, hybrid or terrain imagery.

EasyStreetView for BB10-003.png

Using the "C" button you can switch on a persistent Street View coverage layer on the map, always showing you where street view panorama is available.

EasyStreetView for BB10-004.png

At any time, you can switch the Street View to full screen mode (using a button located in the lower right corner). The application works in both landscape and portrait orientation.

EasyStreetView for BB10-005.png

EasyStreetView for BB10 is a native application, rewritten from scratch in Cascades. Previous versions have been very popular on Symbian and MeeGo (see user reviews e.g. here). It is easy to use, fast and very small (the executable is just 30 kB).

EasyStreetView for BB10-006.png

Price: $1.99
    Link: EasyStreetView - BlackBerry World

Last edited by BurningPlatform; 10-09-14 at 03:38 PM.
    07-10-14 11:54 PM
    Awaiting on Q10, keep up the good work!
    BurningPlatform likes this.
    07-11-14 12:21 AM
    Awaiting on Q10, keep up the good work!
    Thank you!

As for Q10, I just need to figure out what would be the best way to adjust the layout for a square screen. I'm afraid there's not enough space to squeeze both views on a 720x720 screen - they'd be way too narrow.The only way I can think of is to keep it as it is (i.e. 1280 px high) and just put it inside a ScrollView so that the user can swipe between map and panorama, but this somehow contradicts the purpose of this application (making both views available simultaneously)....

Any other ideas are warmly welcome as nothing else comes to my mind
    07-11-14 01:52 AM
    Yet another app is an many days. Good luck with this one. Although I can walk past the Space Needle any day of the week - the other locales are more appealing (g)
    07-11-14 08:31 AM
    Looks amazing does nativigation work? This would be a really xool app for 3D navigation.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 10:45 AM
    Hey BurningPlatform, I was directed to this thread to document my issue with this app. The app just gives a gray screen during start up and when looking for a location. Included is a screen shot of what I see on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154.

EasyStreetView for BB10-img_20140915_161733.png

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 03:20 PM
    Hi spiculated,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

The issue must be strictly OS 10.3 related. On versions below 10.3 the app works perfectly fine on the Z30 and Z10.

The application was not tested under OS 10.3.0 because that OS version is not officially available for the Z30, which will only get an update to OS 10.3.1 sometime later this year. The current OS 10.3 release isn't official or final.

For the time being, I can only test the application in the simulator running OS 10.3. As soon as I find out what's causing this problem under OS 10.3 I will report it here and submit an update to BB World. It is also possible that the application itself is OK but there is a bug in the current inofficial OS 10.3 release preventing it from working correctly, as I believe that OS 10.3 should be fully backwards compatible, so what works OK on OS 10.2.x should also work under 10.3
    spiculated likes this.
    09-15-14 04:27 PM
    This looks good. However before I buy it can someone tell me is there an ability to save certain directions offline? E.g before a trip can I save the route and it's street view offline before going on trip? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 05:20 PM
    Hi spiculated,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

The issue must be strictly OS 10.3 related. On versions below 10.3 the app works perfectly fine on the Z30 and Z10.

The application was not tested under OS 10.3.0 because that OS version is not officially available for the Z30, which will only get an update to OS 10.3.1 sometime later this year. The current OS 10.3 release isn't official or final.

For the time being, I can only test the application in the simulator running OS 10.3. As soon as I find out what's causing this problem under OS 10.3 I will report it here and submit an update to BB World. It is also possible that the application itself is OK but there is a bug in the current inofficial OS 10.3 release preventing it from working correctly, as I believe that OS 10.3 should be fully backwards compatible, so what works OK on OS 10.2.x should also work under 10.3
    That's sounds good, but it doesn't matter to me anyways since I bought the app to give you another $1.99, I wasn't going to use it. However, it's a issue that has to be reported since others might end up buying it on an unofficial OS.

Keep up the amazing work.

Posted via CB10
    BurningPlatform likes this.
    09-15-14 06:42 PM
    I stumbled across this and I have downloaded it and it seems a great app. Any plans to add map directions?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:42 AM
    Hey BurningPlatform, I was directed to this thread to document my issue with this app. The app just gives a gray screen during start up and when looking for a location. Included is a screen shot of what I see on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154.
    Hi spiculated,

Once again, thank you very much for your support!

I've checked EasyStreetView on OS 10.3.0 in the SDK Simulator and I got the same result as you. I was able to quite easily make it work correctly (the problem is caused by a different behavior of onNavigationRequested signal of WebView on 10.3.0), but at this point I will not make any changes. It's because I don't know if it is an intended modification in OS 10.3.0 or maybe it is just a bug in the current pre-release that isn't really intended to be used by end users. As I could not find any information about it being an intended change, for now I assume that it is just a bug in the current 10.3.0 build, so it would make no sense to modify the application against a bug that will possibly be fixed in the public OS 10.3.0 release. For now I need to focus on preserving compatibility with all existing official OS releases (i.e. up to 10.2.1.xxxx) rather than with an unofficial pre-release. Please be sure that the application will be fully OS 10.3.0 / 10.3.1 compatible as soon as a public/final build of that OS appears and it becomes clear what really needs to be changed.

This looks good. However before I buy it can someone tell me is there an ability to save certain directions offline? E.g before a trip can I save the route and it's street view offline before going on trip? Thanks
    I stumbled across this and I have downloaded it and it seems a great app. Any plans to add map directions?
    There is no such functionality in the current version (at this point it is meant to be simply a very easy and quick to use street viewer) but it is a great idea, so it will be added as a free update in a near future.
    spiculated and bobo616 like this.
    09-16-14 04:43 PM
    Well I have a Q10 device but.... I already use one of Nemory Studio's native apps and it's called. " Super Street View " or something like that.

He's already a step ahead with developing native apps than you guys. Plus... this app works for the Q10, Z10 and every upcoming BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:51 PM
    I already use one of Nemory Studio's native apps and it's called. " Super Street View " or something like that. He's already a step ahead with developing native apps than you guys. Plus... this app works for the Q10, Z10 and every upcoming BB10 devices.
    Excuse me, what is that supposed to be? Crypto-advertising?

1. This application isn't enabled in the store for the Q10/Q5 not because I don't have such "skills" but for as simple reason as that this application's main purpose is to provide a map and street view SIMULTANEOUSLY, for which Q10's display is simply much too short. This app was simply made specifically for tall screens providing sufficient space for this purpose, and unless I find a REASONABLE way to squeeze the map and streetview (while retaining their USABLE sizes and proportions) on a 720x720 pixel display I will NOT enable it in the store for 1:1 devices because it would be simply dishonest. The other application you were so kind to advertise serves different purpose, hence it does fit on Q10's smaller display. However, if you insist, I can provide Q10 version specially for you, within 5 minutes.

2. I do not (and do not intend to) compete with anyone. I simply create some applications and make them available so that others CAN (but obviously do NOT have to) use them if they only find them useful. Apparently, some people do like them given mostly four-five star ratings and positive reviews in the store. If you don't like my applications, please simply IGNORE them - it really doesn't take more than that. Do you complain (and advertise others) about every application and developer you don't like or did you make an exception in my case? If the latter, how did I deserve it?

3. My applications are compatible with devices and OS versions they were made available for (strange, huh?). For those devices, compatibility with all upcoming OS updates will ALWAYS be provided AS THEY COME, but not many months earlier while there is no final, official build yet and everything is still subject to change. Saying that "someone else's applications work on every upcoming BB10 device" is simply amusing because no one knows what changes will be made to BB10 in the future, unless you're a clairvoyant, that is. And if you are using an unsupported, leaked pre-release OS version on your phone then FINE, it is your phone, but it just isn't reasonable to expect all developers to support it while even the phone maker doesn't.

4. As for the other developer (whom you were so kind to advertise here) being "a step ahead with developing native apps than you guys", who told you that this is a race? And how many of my applications have you ever used so that you can compare? Nevertheless, compared to his four apps, I've got seven applications currently released for BB10 and another one coming next week, including some location/mapping apps, some astronomical ones, and some more. I had no idea that it takes releasing certain number of apps and support certain number of phone models to be considered a full-blown BB10 developer. So far I thought that every effort to support BB10's native ecosystem is welcomed, but apparently not.
    09-16-14 08:49 PM
    Hahahaha... oooh touchy touchy ya'all

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 11:52 PM
    Hi spiculated,

Once again, thank you very much for your support!

I've checked EasyStreetView on OS 10.3.0 in the SDK Simulator and I got the same result as you. I was able to quite easily make it work correctly (the problem is caused by a different behavior of onNavigationRequested signal of WebView on 10.3.0), but at this point I will not make any changes. It's because I don't know if it is an intended modification in OS 10.3.0 or maybe it is just a bug in the current pre-release that isn't really intended to be used by end users. As I could not find any information about it being an intended change, for now I assume that it is just a bug in the current 10.3.0 build, so it would make no sense to modify the application against a bug that will possibly be fixed in the public OS 10.3.0 release. For now I need to focus on preserving compatibility with all existing official OS releases (i.e. up to 10.2.1.xxxx) rather than with an unofficial pre-release. Please be sure that the application will be fully OS 10.3.0 / 10.3.1 compatible as soon as a public/final build of that OS appears and it becomes clear what really needs to be changed.

There is no such functionality in the current version (at this point it is meant to be simply a very easy and quick to use street viewer) but it is a great idea, so it will be added as a free update in a near future.
    Great, look forward to the update.
    09-17-14 12:26 AM
    Excuse me, what is that supposed to be? Crypto-advertising?

1. This application isn't enabled in the store for the Q10/Q5 not because I don't have such "skills" but for as simple reason as that this application's main purpose is to provide a map and street view SIMULTANEOUSLY, for which Q10's display is simply much too short. This app was simply made specifically for tall screens providing sufficient space for this purpose, and unless I find a REASONABLE way to squeeze the map and streetview (while retaining their USABLE sizes and proportions) on a 720x720 pixel display I will NOT enable it in the store for 1:1 devices because it would be simply dishonest. The other application you were so kind to advertise serves different purpose, hence it does fit on Q10's smaller display. However, if you insist, I can provide Q10 version specially for you, within 5 minutes.

2. I do not (and do not intend to) compete with anyone. I simply create some applications and make them available so that others CAN (but obviously do NOT have to) use them if they only find them useful. Apparently, some people do like them given mostly four-five star ratings and positive reviews in the store. If you don't like my applications, please simply IGNORE them - it really doesn't take more than that. Do you complain (and advertise others) about every application and developer you don't like or did you make an exception in my case? If the latter, how did I deserve it?

3. My applications are compatible with devices and OS versions they were made available for (strange, huh?). For those devices, compatibility with all upcoming OS updates will ALWAYS be provided AS THEY COME, but not many months earlier while there is no final, official build yet and everything is still subject to change. Saying that "someone else's applications work on every upcoming BB10 device" is simply amusing because no one knows what changes will be made to BB10 in the future, unless you're a clairvoyant, that is. And if you are using an unsupported, leaked pre-release OS version on your phone then FINE, it is your phone, but it just isn't reasonable to expect all developers to support it while even the phone maker doesn't.

4. As for the other developer (whom you were so kind to advertise here) being "a step ahead with developing native apps than you guys", who told you that this is a race? And how many of my applications have you ever used so that you can compare? Nevertheless, compared to his four apps, I've got seven applications currently released for BB10 and another one coming next week, including some location/mapping apps, some astronomical ones, and some more. I had no idea that it takes releasing certain number of apps and support certain number of phone models to be considered a full-blown BB10 developer. So far I thought that every effort to support BB10's native ecosystem is welcomed, but apparently not.
    First of all: Your idea of developing such an app like this is not new.

Second of all: Why do you care so much about what I had said in the previous post?

Third of all: Why bother to develop an app like that because Nemory is way up head than yourself? He also has Maps and Streetview.

Forth of all: That's my opinion and I never mentioned your name. So basically who are you? Like I care... not at all..

Fifth of all: Why wasting time of making an existing app like streetview?

Sixth of all: Who ever told you that I had mentioned it would be race between developers at the first place? You have no right to judge about what I'm thinking and saying.

Seventh of all: It is fact that you came by with that idea of developing an app for the OS 10.3 and you're way past behind with this.

Eighth of all: By all means... express your emotions, feelings, develop more existing apps.. which you already did in the first place. I'm not attacking you or whatsoever. I'm not stopping you to do that.

Nineth of all: I only support BB10 users with Q10 devices who also wants the native streetview app on their mobile.

Tenth and final of all: I'll give you a tip.. develop an non exist app as an inventor which is way more innovative and native. That's way more interessing. Because a real critic should say as his/her opinion to that and provides you any professional hints and tips.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 01:48 AM
    Eleventh of all, the raccoon just did the macarena! Trolololol

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 01:53 AM
    What an amazing person.

First of all: Your idea of developing such an app like this is not new. [...] Why wasting time of making an existing app like streetview? [...] develop more existing apps.. [...] develop an non exist app as an inventor which is way more innovative and native. Why bother to develop an app like that because Nemory is way up head than yourself? He also has Maps and Streetview.
    When I developed EasyStreetView and about a dozen of other applications for Symbian (the biggest smartphone platform at that time) and MeeGo, BB10 didn't even exist yet, and Android had a smaller marketshare than Blackberry. I am a Qt developer, so I port (or re-write when necessary) my applications to all existing Qt platforms, which is the beauty of Qt (if you know at all what it is). Try to understand that EasyStreetView and all remaining applications of mine were created long before the very first BB10 application ever appeared.

Nokia Store - Publisher: BurningPlatform
    Nokia Store: EasyStreetView

Mind you, I will not drop my 3-4 years old street view application (or any other) only because "Nenory Studio" developed another street view app for BB10 some 3 years later, nor will I do it only because you don't like it.

It is fact that you came by with that idea of developing an app for the OS 10.3 and you're way past behind with this.
    EasyStreetView was made some 3-4 years ago, and ported to BB10/Cascades a year ago. Since mid 2013 or so it's been available for BB10.0 - 10.2.x. What does it have to do with the not-yet-released BB10.3 OS other that one user tried it on leaked pre-release OS build and reported an issue caused by a bug in that unofficial OS release while the application works PERFECTLY fine on all official OS builds.... only you know, and fail to express it in any comprehensible form.

I only support BB10 users with Q10 devices who also wants the native streetview app on their mobile.
    So you got that other guy's app and you should be happy with it instead of trolling and complaining about other applications of this kind that you don't even use. As I so precisely explained, of which you apparently understood sh*t, my application's purpose is to show map and streetview SIMULTANEOUSLY, which OBVIOUSLY needs a tall screen, and for which Q10's display is simply too short, hence no Q10 version. What is that you still struggle to comprehend about it?

So basically who are you?
    A burning pain in your arse, apparently. Or else why would you be spending your time complaining about my application that's not even intended for your phone model.

You have no right to judge about what I'm thinking and saying.
    This one's the funniest of all.

>>>> Troll feeding mode terminated <<<<<
    Last edited by BurningPlatform; 09-17-14 at 01:26 PM.
    Danny Ocean and spiculated like this.
    09-17-14 01:16 PM
    Please, let's keep this discussion about THIS APP. If there's another similar app, add to its thread if one exists or create it anew. Or even create a thread comparing apps as folks have done with photo editing, twitter clients, etc.
    bb10_fan likes this.
    09-17-14 03:34 PM
    Hope it's free

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 03:47 PM
    An update for EasyStreetView has been submitted to BB World and should be available in a day or two.

This update brings the following improvements:

• freely change the map/panorama split ratio, separately for portrait and landscape. Settings are automatically stored and used by default.
    • the program now supports all OS versions including 10.3.x, and all BlackBerry phones, including 720x720 (Q series) and 1440x1440 (Passport) displays.

Some screenshots:

EasyStreetView for BB10-easystreetview_bb10_1.jpg

EasyStreetView for BB10-easystreetview_bb10_2.jpg

EasyStreetView for BB10-easystreetview_bb10_3.jpg

EasyStreetView for BB10-easystreetview_bb10_4.jpg

EasyStreetView for BB10-easystreetview_bb10_5.jpg

EasyStreetView for BB10-easystreetview_bb10_6.jpg

EasyStreetView for BB10-easystreetview_bb10_7.jpg
    Last edited by BurningPlatform; 10-09-14 at 03:40 PM.
    10-09-14 02:13 PM
    Great, look forward to the update.
    10-10-14 12:22 AM
    This update is already available.

Another update (2.3.0) has been submitted today (so it should be available after the weekend). This new update provides quick access to Directions.

On the Settings screen you can choose Directions provider to be used: BlackBerry or Google. This setting can be changed anytime. Once any location is selected in the application on the map, you can tap the "Directions" button in the Application menu to get directions.

If "BlackBerry" is selected as provider, directions and route (from your current location to the selected location) will be shown in the native BlackBerry Maps application and from there voice guided navigation can be started with one tap.

If "Google" is selected as directions provider, Google Directions is shown in the web browser - in addition to directions (list and map route) you get Google Maps with all layers (including Traffic, Bicycling, etc.), POIs, user reviews of POIs and other information.

Some screenshots:

EasyStreetView for BB10-easystreetview_bb10_8.jpg

EasyStreetView for BB10-easystreetview_bb10_9.jpg

EasyStreetView for BB10-easystreetview_bb10_10.jpg

EasyStreetView for BB10-easystreetview_bb10_11.jpg

EasyStreetView for BB10-easystreetview_bb10_12.jpg

EasyStreetView for BB10-easystreetview_bb10_13.jpg
    10-10-14 07:14 PM
    The update has been approved and is now available in the BlackBerry World.
    10-14-14 06:29 AM
    I'm a bit disappointed the directions takes you out of the app.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 11:00 AM
44 12