App Name: DashPlayer for BlackBerry 10

Summary: DashPlayer was designed for car-mounted BlackBerry PlayBook™ being used as a music player. With large buttons for easy access, DashPlayer lets your easily control your music with very little distraction from the road. Another wonderful feature of DashPlayer is that while it's the active application, the screen doesn't turn off (a highly requested feature). Now redesigned for the BlackBerry Z10™, you can carry DashPlayer in your pocket! An added feature to this version is Wake and Play!; set a time and use DashPlayer to start playing music as an alarm! With random enabled by default, just launch DashPlayer before bed and wake up to a randomly selected song. Also added in the BlackBerry10 version is the ability to select a single song for playback rather than being limited to selecting a folder. On launch, DashPlayer starts at the root of the Music folder and gathers all of your music down through the entire folder structure below. It then randomizes all your music. You do, of course have the ability to change the folder you want to listen to. Controls are simple and intuitive; Play/Pause, Stop, Skip next and previous. You can touch and drag the time bar to seek through the song. Volume control is a simple touch or swipe away. If you have your BlackBerry Z10™ in a charging dock, you can run DashPlayer and just touch the date/time at the top of the screen to display a full-screen clock as current the song title continues scrolling. If you don't charge your BlackBerry Z10™ while driving, you can easily keep an eye on your battery with the battery level indicator in the top-right of the screen. Lastly, if you're like me, you like to color match your vehicle accessories. That's why DashPlayer comes with 7 pre-set color themes to choose from! Drive safe and enjoy your tunes!

BlackBerry World: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/97073/

Price: $1.99

DashPlayer for BlackBerry 10-1.png
    DashPlayer for BlackBerry 10-2.png
    DashPlayer for BlackBerry 10-3.png
    DashPlayer for BlackBerry 10-4.png
    DashPlayer for BlackBerry 10-5.png
    DashPlayer for BlackBerry 10-6.png
    DashPlayer for BlackBerry 10-7.png
    DashPlayer for BlackBerry 10-8.png
    DashPlayer for BlackBerry 10-9.png
    03-20-13 09:09 AM
    Very interesting, thanks for the news.
    03-20-13 07:50 PM
    Nice features but the bright colors don't appeal to me
    Please let me know what colors you would like to see available. I'm always looking for ways to make it better.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:57 PM
    Q10 support coming in the next update! Also some updates to the UI with larger buttons in some cases and better ID3 tag information handling. Some random bug fixes as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 03:44 PM
    1.10.75 is now available in BlackBerry World.

Q10 support
    Larger buttons
    Minor UI enhancements

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:06 AM
    Good job with the last update!

Posted via CB10
    nickdollimount likes this.
    04-19-13 12:06 AM
    Waiting for playlist feature before I get this. As I understand it is not yet available.
    04-19-13 03:29 AM
    Waiting for playlist feature before I get this. As I understand it is not yet available.
    True. It's on the road map.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 03:06 AM
    Good job with the last update!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 03:07 AM
    Wanted to give a heads up that the media button shortcuts work in OS 10.1 to skip songs. This is currently not working in OS 10.0.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 10:44 AM
    Support for lossless .flac music files coming in 1.10.76. Submitted today so hopefully will be available by the weekend.
    05-01-13 03:49 PM
    1.10.77 fixes the "Sleep Timer". I apparently broke it at some point and didn't realize. Working again!
    05-30-13 02:57 PM
    1.11.1 adds play list support for play lists imported using BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 07:07 AM
    Hey Nick,

I'm looking to get this app for my Playbook but I don't see it on the app world store?

Thanks
    08-23-14 12:08 PM
    Hey Nick,

I'm looking to get this app for my Playbook but I don't see it on the app world store?

Thanks
    I see he was just on CB today. You might send a Private Message if you are permitted with a thread count of ONE. Oh, there's also a link to his web site in his post above yours - maybe there's more info there.

And welcome to Crackberry.
    08-23-14 08:48 PM
    Hi all, sorry for the late reply. I had to remove it from sale temporarily due to 10.3 not supporting Adobe Air. I'm waiting on a response from support to remove the BB10 versions from the application in the vendor portal so I can put it back up for sale with just the PlayBook version. Unfortunately there's no way for me to remove versions that are already submitted.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-23-14 08:56 PM
    Thanks for the info. Maybe you can update this thread when the Playbook version is back up.

Thanks
    08-23-14 11:23 PM
    Apparently in the new vendor portal we can now suspend releases. So I've posted it back up for sale with all the BB10 releases suspended. I'm not sure how fast it will show up again but it should be there within a couple days for sure.
    08-25-14 02:08 PM
    Nick, I see it on there now as version 1.0.35, did that version have the keep screen on. Cause I see you were up to version 1.11.1

Thanks
    08-26-14 12:01 AM