Hey everyone,

I am proud to announce the launch of our latest app - "Bolt - Fast Reader" for BlackBerry 10.

Bolt - Fast Reading App by ReFocus Tech available for BB10-bolt-featured.png

‘Reading Redefined!'

Bolt uses Fast Reading Technology which has been proven to improve reading rates by up to 270%. The concept is that, instead of you moving your eyes to read the words, the words come in front of your eyes at a fixed focal point – that makes it easier and faster for you to read. The reading mode has options to play, pause, navigate through words, and reset a document to the beginning.

Apart from being a fast reader, Bolt has an inbuilt dictionary which lets you save any word that you want to it. It will provide definitions, use cases and lets you hear a pronunciation for that word in 5 different languages. You can even check out that word’s Wikipedia and UrbanDictionary page directly though the app. Sharing a word to Bolt directly opens the dictionary page – ideally making it much faster to use than any traditional dictionary apps.

Features

• Easily share text from anywhere to Bolt and instantly start Fast Reading.
    • Share a word to Bolt, and it will give you the definition, usage examples and more.
    • Save a text/document for reading later.
    • Pronounce words in 5 different languages (English, Spanish, French, German and Italian).
    • Directly read text that is currently on the clipboard
    • Change the WPM (Words per minute) speed to read at a comfortable pace.
    • Smart Reading Algorithm which automatically knows when to slow down and when to speed up.
    • Gives progress of the documents currently being read to keep a track of your reading.
    • Gives time required for reading the selected document.
    • Play/Pause/Next/Prev Controls to navigate around in the document.
    • Smart adjustment of focal point
    • Save words in a personal Dictionary for later use.
    • Links to a selected words’ Wikipedia and Urban Dictionary pages.
    • Clean and minimal UI/UX optimized especially for fast reading.
    • Supports BlackBerry Z10, Z30, Z3, Q10, Q5, Classic and Passport.

Here's a small trailer/introductory video we've put together to help you understand better how Bolt works:

Availability

Bolt is currently available on the BlackBerry World™ storefront for $1.99.
    Download: Bolt - Fast Reader - BlackBerry World

Please use this thread for bug reports, crash reports, suggestions, and discussions related to Bolt!
    11-19-14 07:41 AM
    Just a heads up dev the post not look properly within cb 10 app
    Bolt - Fast Reading App by ReFocus Tech available for BB10-img_20141119_194259.png

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    11-19-14 07:43 AM
    Just a heads up dev the post not look properly within cb 10 app
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141119_194259.png 
Views:	1087 
Size:	240.8 KB 
ID:	315454

Could you try refreshing? Seems like your app didn't render the HTML.
    11-19-14 07:49 AM
    Looks like cb10 app limitation

11-19-14 08:18 AM
    Yes, I can confirm. Even with the newest developer built of the CB10 app, which fixes some UFT8 encoding issues, the initial posting of this thread is not correctly formatted.
    I would suggest to never simply copy and paste html code into a forum posting and always to reformat plain text using the built in tags like [ B ] for BOLD.
    Last edited by QtHelex; 11-19-14 at 03:10 PM.
    11-19-14 09:19 AM
    Yep CB10 app itself has some issue on posting. What I did was remove the app then reinstall it again. You may need to restart your device. Hope that helps

Sentt frrom myy BlaackBerrryy Q10 on Globe-Telecom | OS 10.3.1.1151 via SIC Wipe n Load
    11-19-14 09:23 AM
    cool

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.1016 /C004DE3E2
    11-19-14 10:47 AM
    Yes, I can confirm. Even with the newest developer built of the CB10 app, which fixes some UFT8 encoding issues, the initial posting of this thread is not correctly formatted.
    I would suggest to never simply copy and paste html code into a forum posting and always to reformat plain text using the built in tags like [ B ] for BOLD.
    Hi,
    Thanks for your comment.

Regarding the app "Turbo reader - we simply didn't know it existed. Searching for "Fast Reader" on BBW Will not get you that result. We never searched for a 'Turbo reader' when we started building this app, or even during launch. Thankfully we had some people notify us of that app, so we've changed our images/press material to reflect Bolt as the BEST Fast Reading app that can be offered on BB10.

We would like to believe that Bolt is the best fast reader available currently on the market.

When a company develops an application - they have certain goals in mind. For us, our goal is to give you the BEST Fast Reading Experience you can have. This reflects in our minimalistic and professional design; and featureset. Bolt is not only a Fast Reader, but a wholehearted dictionary and pronunciation tool with 5 languages built in right out the box. It's more about whether you want something free that can get the 'job done' or a premium application that will not just get it done, but will get it done impeccably with an optimal experience. Bolt, and some of our other apps, fall into the latter category.

I am in no means trying to bash on the Turbo app. But comparing Bolt to Turbo is not something I feel that should be done. Both do fall under the same category of apps - Turbo is great if you want to try your hand at Fast Reading, whereas Bolt is the Go-to app if you are actually going to speed read often.

edit; Did not know you are the developer of the Turbo reader app. I don't see the need for you to advertise your own app here. Your points were valid, and as I told you before, we changed the marketing after seeing your app, BUT advertising your own app in our thread is really really immature and unprofessional.
    Last edited by Puneet Kohli; 11-19-14 at 03:35 PM.
    11-19-14 11:28 AM
    edit; Did not know you are the developer of the Turbo reader app. I don't see the need for you to advertise your own app here. Your points were valid, and as I told you before, we changed the marketing after seeing your app, BUT advertising your own app in our thread is really really immature and unprofessional.
    Good to see you've understood. I removed the 2 abstracts above in my posting, feel free to remove it also from your own quote.

As you feel a advertisement in your own thread for a app from someone else is unprofessional and immature I find false or exaggerated marketing as unprofessional as insufficient market research or to say your own app has a more minimalistic and professional design compared to the competition - which is always a matter of taste. I hope you will do next time your homework a little bit better. I got contacted in the meantime by 14 people, some via BBM, some via eMail.
    I know it is impossible to change a BBM Channel posting afterwards, so let it like it is. In a year nobody will know anyway.

Good luck with your app. I made some co-operations with other developers in the past which implements additional functionalists into mine and vice versa. Maybe we could work together in the future at a different project.

Edit: I've spent by the way a lot of breaks with your Hues Game: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/51907888/
    Excellent work! I would recommend it all 2048 fans, especially because of the new modes and challenges it offers.
    11-19-14 03:25 PM
    Good to see you've understood. I removed the 2 abstracts above in my posting, feel free to remove it also from your own quote.

As you feel a advertisement in your own thread for a app from someone else is unprofessional and immature I find false or exaggerated marketing as unprofessional as insufficient market research or to say your own app has a more minimalistic and professional design compared to the competition - which is always a matter of taste. I hope you will do next time your homework a little bit better. I got contacted in the meantime by 14 people, some via BBM, some via eMail.
    I know it is impossible to change a BBM Channel posting afterwards, so let it like it is. In a year nobody will know anyway.

Good luck with your app. I made some co-operations with other developers in the past which implements additional functionalists into mine and vice versa. Maybe we could work together in the future at a different project.
    Just as a heads up, we deleted the BBM Post and any other posts/places wherever we used the word "First" (before you posted here). As much as it hurt you to see our post, it hurt us to know that we're infringing on someone else's space.

We did do our homework, just that for all the search terms we've used, your app never popped up. I do see now that it comes up there in 'speed reader' - which again is not what we have searched for before.

As for the marketing of our own, unfortunately, I am going to have to disagree. We're a studio with a heavy focus on aesthetics, design, user experience and the likes. There is no exaggeration in our marketing. As they say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', we take great pride in our app, and we market it with equal pride.
    We were 'false' in the sense but we rectified that mistake the moment we came to know of it.

One point you do bring up correctly though is that it's a matter of taste. And indeed. But we strongly believe that our design aligns with the tastes of as many people as possible. Maybe some people will prefer the ultra simplistic Native look, and those, my friend, are your users, not ours.

Also, what have you been contacted by 14 people for, sorry if I missed that ?
    QtHelex likes this.
    11-19-14 03:34 PM
    I completely agree. I guess I should purchase your app and leave a good review. Choice is always good, and from the functionality aspect I would say your app delivers surely what it offers in the description.

Also, what have you been contacted by 14 people for, sorry if I missed that ?
    I got sent your Channel PIN (C004D92DA worth to follow) from a few followers and also within BBM developer and promotion groups.
    11-19-14 03:58 PM
    I completely agree. I guess I should purchase your app and leave a good review. Choice is always good, and from the functionality aspect I would say your app delivers surely what it offers in the description.

I got sent your Channel PIN (C004D92DA worth to follow) from a few followers and also within BBM developer and promotion groups.
    Thank you for taking this in the correct spirit.
    11-19-14 04:18 PM
    In case someone is still not sure what this speed reading app is about should check out this Article by Alicia E.:
    http://crackberry.com/bolt-fast-reader-blackberry-10

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to leave a positive comment for a developer which just released a new native BB10 app.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by QtHelex; 11-19-14 at 05:36 PM.
    11-19-14 05:20 PM
    tl;dr
    11-19-14 05:29 PM
    tl;dr
    The tl;dr version is, Bolt is a new Fast Reading app for BB10 that also has an inbuilt dictionary and word pronunciation tool.
    Check it out
    11-20-14 05:18 AM
    Can I open documents directly in this app? (.doc, .pdf., .epub, etc...) ?

If not, then this type of app is kind of neat, but not something I could use regularly. I tried out Turbo Reader and was amazed and how fast I could read, but that too required me to copy and paste text, which in my mind defeats the purpose since the whole process of reading text now takes even longer.
    11-20-14 09:02 AM
    Can I open documents directly in this app? (.doc, .pdf., .epub, etc...) ?

If not, then this type of app is kind of neat, but not something I could use regularly. I tried out Turbo Reader and was amazed and how fast I could read, but that too required me to copy and paste text, which in my mind defeats the purpose since the whole process of reading text now takes even longer.
    Hey,
    Thanks for your reply.

We initially started out with the featureset you suggested. To be honest, on the development side of things, it's just too much to handle and for much less joy. It is like recreating a PDF reader, an ePub Reader, a Doc reader, a PPT reader all in one app and then just copying out the text from it.
    Ideally, it is still faster to use our app as in the amount of time you would have opened Bolt up and selected what type of file you have, and later searching for your file and waiting for it to be parsed - you just selecr whatever you want to read (which can be a whole eBook if you want) and share it to the app, a simple process!
    11-20-14 01:59 PM
    Hi there, I can't share my docs or pdfs to the app. Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 07:35 AM
    Hi there, I can't share my docs or pdfs to the app. Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    Hi Tai,

You're supposed to select the TEXT you want to read. Bolt isn't capable of parsing documents.
    12-18-14 01:01 PM