12 things that kinda suck about the Kindle Fire | ZDNet

Summary: Since it�s our job here at ZDNet to present you with all sides of technology, in this article I�m going to spotlight some of the Kindle Fire�s shortcomings.
    Clickie the link to read the full article..
    11-18-11 07:53 PM
    And yet Amazon has already sold more Fires than PBs through preorders alone...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 08:02 PM

As well as every non ipad tablet out there...what's your point? The kindle has numerous shortcomings, like every tablet on the market.
    11-18-11 08:09 PM

Of course they did because the press was speculating on what fire would be and people snatched them up. Big let down huh?

Because its amazon it has to be good. Yea right.
    11-18-11 08:19 PM
    The Kindle Fire is going to sell boat loads. For the price, it's a bargain. And many of those shortcomings aren't really that damning. Exchange support can be had in the app store. I guess the author was too lazy to simply download an app. Bluetooth? How many actually use that? Not many trust me. It's more utilized on the smartphone. The other stuff was just 'meh'. Ok so it doesn't have 3g/4g. What did you expect for the price? And the author wanted tons of storage to boot. So they must give you $400 worth of hardware for $200, right? What an utter dingbat!
    11-18-11 08:37 PM
    actually, I found the reviewer's companion review hit the nail on the head with the PB over iPad... even though he was talking about the Kindle Fire...

With prices dropping on the Playbook, you could have substituted 'Playbook' for 'Kindle' in the review and been completely accurate, other than Amazon Prime & Cloud integration:

7 reasons the kindle fire is better than the ipad

But then again, it's just another review, and nothing substitutes actually running the device and making up your own mind.
    Last edited by vorpalz; 11-18-11 at 08:55 PM.
    11-18-11 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD