Yep it is. Thornm, I actually won one of the Telus Fascinates in their facebook contest before christmas. I sold it a few weeks ago, but before I did I rooted and unlocked it and tested it on Bell with a Bell sim card. It took 30 seconds and a $5 app from the market - easiest way to unlock them now. So I can speak from experience - all you need is the Rogers APN.

hondaateg91 Samsung mixed and matched their phone names when they released them. The Samsung Vibrant on T-Mobile is nothing like the Bell Vibrant (which is the international version with front facing camera and 16 gb on board). The Fascinate on Telus is closer to the T-Mobile Vibrant. The Fascinate on Verizon is the CDMA version. We actually don't have any non sim card providers anymore - at least they won't be once they finish phasing out the old tech. Telus, Rogers, Bell, Virgin, Koodo, Fido, Mobilocity, Wind - all sims. We can mix and match all we want now.

It's really odd to me that the US is behind us like that, we started phasing out CDMA around the time of the 2010 Olympics, and we lost iPhone exclusivity shortly after that. Who knew?
    It's all because of Verizon having the largest network in the USA which is a CDMA network. Once they and Sprint full deploy LTE, that's when CDMA well be phased out.
    03-19-11 12:09 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD