New to the Android world Thanks all for the warm acceptance!

As title states, what are your top 5 apps you use every day.

Want to make use of the best apps out there.

State reasons why you made that choice for that app as well.

Maybe a sticky on this will have people list there top Android Apps? but we will see

I will list mine later
    Guatiao likes this.
    02-01-11 07:15 AM
    Minus the customization ones I use every day (like SIMI, LauncherPro, MinimalText, Beautiful Widgets etc):

• SplashID: Password vault with desktop companion that sync wirelessly. Have used that since my palm days. Have hundreds of passwords; nice to have them on hand when I need them. Also has a nifty password generator.
    • Dropbox: cloud storage that allows me to move data from point to point in a seamless manner. Music, documents, pictures... I can move, share and access them from anywhere.
    • HanDBAse: another long term favorite. Databases and literally an app creator. I use it to create stuff like time clocks, stat sheets, etc. Syncable to computer.
    • Evernote: Notes and more, syncable to cloud. There are many options, but I picked Evernote because it is cross platform (so if I tire of Android, chances are that I can use it elsewhere) and it is used by other established apps. For example, my backup utility, Titanium Backup, allows me to save a copy to Dropbox automatically.
    • Mixzing: Media player that allows for song identification, tagging and locating album art.

Honorable mention (Sorry John; broke the rules): Youversion Bible, my most serious work tool...
    Last edited by trelawrence; 02-01-11 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Bolding and spacing for neatness.
    02-01-11 07:38 AM
    Inventory Droid - recent pick up of about a week ago. Does product cataloging. Scan a product's upc code, will tap into Google for product information. More often than not, it's spot on.

Kindle - I'm a book nut, but don't like the hassle of a big physical collection. It's multi-platform; and is synced through the cloud.

Power Amp - the native player (unless compiled into a custom ROM) doesn't have FLAC support. This also does very manageable listing of tracks. I like how it doesn't need a remount of the SDCard in order for it to see new content. Just rescan folders, and you're good to go.

Word Press - I like how I can manage multiple blogs in one space.

QQPlayer - played back multiple file types I threw at it. The only snag is the .mov files created by videocam illusion (the only way to get a working camcorder in the latest Gingerbread ROMs on the net).
    02-01-11 07:54 AM
    Issanjose, how "clean" is the Wordpress app? Does it allow for full management of blogs?
    02-01-11 08:33 AM
    RSSDemon - if you used viigo, you'll love RSSDemon. Allows more customization of feeds - thumbnails, article snippets or just headlines.

Dophin Browser HD - awesome third party browser. Swipe access to bookmarks, tools, add-ons. Couple of good add-ons are the pdf converter so you can make a pdf of any webpage you're on. Bookmarks to SD is another good add-on.

SoundHound - identifies songs, looks up lyrics, album covers, artist info.

Vlingo - you're probably familiar with this one. Implementation on Android is great and completely free.

Touchdown for Exchange - Droid's have their issues with the stock mail app. Some users have no issues, some have all kinds of issues. Touchdown eliminated any issues I had and it's a highly customizable mail app. This one is expensive for an app, but it does what it's supposed to do.
    02-01-11 10:57 AM
    Awesome suggestions all!! Will be checking these out this evening. and posting up my few that I use.

Still getting used to the whole change over. But I am liking it
    02-01-11 01:05 PM
    Subscribed. Thanks, John. Get this android section tightened up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 01:09 PM
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/memb...lications.html
    Here is a identical thread running at AC Just more top 5s to view!
    02-01-11 09:39 PM
    Probably should add a few root-only apps.
    02-01-11 10:11 PM
    my top 5 would be
    tweet deck - FB/Twitter app (also supports buzz 4squaare)
    app protector - password lock (locks apps etc)
    google talks - messenger app
    quick silent - auto-turns my phone to silent daily when im headed to bed. this was something i missed on my bb, glad i found a work around
    Y5 - an app that will turn your wifi on when ur within range of a saved network, and turns it off when your out of range. designed to help save battery

i also have to mention: GoLauncher (home replacement app) better keyboard (keyboard replacement) and silent boot (turns off the start up jingle on ur phone) i mentioned them bc i use them daily
    02-01-11 11:47 PM
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/memb...lications.html
    Here is a identical thread running at AC Just more top 5s to view!
    Thanks johnnly!

Figure I would make one here also for those who check in a CrackBerry. Plus the thread at AC is just for games.... The more suggestions and idea the better
    02-02-11 07:13 AM
    my top 5 would be
    tweet deck - FB/Twitter app (also supports buzz 4squaare)
    app protector - password lock (locks apps etc)
    google talks - messenger app
    quick silent - auto-turns my phone to silent daily when im headed to bed. this was something i missed on my bb, glad i found a work around
    Y5 - an app that will turn your wifi on when ur within range of a saved network, and turns it off when your out of range. designed to help save battery

i also have to mention: GoLauncher (home replacement app) better keyboard (keyboard replacement) and silent boot (turns off the start up jingle on ur phone) i mentioned them bc i use them daily
    For the Y5 app, assuming it still works like regular Wifi in the OS, as it must poll every so often but you state it saves battery. Any more info on this?
    02-02-11 07:16 AM
    Here is what I have been using on a daily basis for work and pleasure.

Adobe Reader
    Antennas
    CadPage
    Dolphin Browser HD
    Pandora Radio
    SwiFTP

Along with a few native Android OS apps.
    02-02-11 07:24 AM
    Power AMP: one of the best music player for android
    TweetDeck
    Jorte Calendar
    K-9 Mail
    Simple Sound Profile Widget
    02-02-11 08:15 AM
    My "Daily Use" ones are (some of these require root):

LauncherPro - For obvious reasons

CpuTuner - Customize my CPU speeds with various profiles

Handcent Sms - Gives me a customizable nofication sound..unlike native sms client

Whatsapp - This is my BBM replacement. Delivery/read notification, Video/Pic/Voice note sending capabilities..avatars..everything BBM does minus Group Chat

Keyboard Manager - Allows me to have Swype (or SlideIt in my case...still can't get Swype to work on my phone grrr) in portrait mode and Smart Keyboard in Landscape.

Honorable Mentions:

Dolphin Browser Mini - I've found it to be a little quicker than Dolphin HD

Tasker - Very complicated..but useful tool
    02-02-11 08:32 AM
    These are my personal favorites: screebl pro, jorte, tikl, wireless tether, poynt, k-9 mail and the stock google maps navigation.
    02-02-11 08:32 AM
    These are my personal favorites: screebl pro, jorte, tikl, wireless tether, poynt, k-9 mail and the stock google maps navigation.
    Great picks.

I use Tikl heavily. I also use Wireless Tether, K9 (though I have begun to use the stock app as an Outlook of sorts) and I tend to prefer TeleNav over Google Navigation.
    02-02-11 09:29 AM
    Thanks johnnly!

Figure I would make one here also for those who check in a CrackBerry. Plus the thread at AC is just for games.... The more suggestions and idea the better
    Thanks for clearing that up John!
    02-02-11 01:40 PM
    Plume - Simply the best twitter app in the market IMO

LauncherPro Plus 0.8.3 - Highly customizable launcher, smooth scrolling, scrolling effects, ability to change amount of rows and columns per screen (works well for me since I change my LCD Density to 200)

Dolphin HD - I swore I'd never stop using the stock browser but I'm in love with the tabs and swipe gestures

Genie(News & Weather) - Entertainment, Sports, U.S., World News, & Top News all at that palm of my hand

Beautiful Widgets (weather) - very good weather notifier as well as forecast

Honorable Mentions:

Angry Birds
    Dungeon Defenders
    Heavy Gunner
    Air Control
    Titanium Backup
    Root Explorer
    Rom Manager
    Google Navigation
    Google Maps
    02-02-11 02:01 PM
    For the Y5 app, assuming it still works like regular Wifi in the OS, as it must poll every so often but you state it saves battery. Any more info on this?
    to be honest im not too sure on the specifics on how it works, it just does. it was suggested to me by a friend a while back and ive been using it since. the website doesnt say much about it either, but im sure if u shot the developer an email he could further help you.
    Last edited by .cw54o; 02-03-11 at 12:24 AM. Reason: spelling error
    02-03-11 12:21 AM
    LauncherPro Plus 0.8.3 - You'll know why
    Foursquare - Love this game!
    Dropbox - Keeps everything i need in one place.
    DoggCatcher - For Podcasts.
    Nook for Android - To do some light reading.
    02-03-11 10:53 AM
    Slacker
    Tune In Radio
    Reddit Is Fun
    Android Central Widget
    02-03-11 08:01 PM
    K-9 Email - love LOVE this mail app
    Dialer One (best vanilla android dialer replacement imo)
    Beautiful Widgets
    Jorte
    Android Agenda

Stock Google apps of coarse as well (maps/gmail ect).
    02-04-11 08:25 PM
    LauncherPro

Plume(twitter client)

Beautiful Widgets

Root Explorer

Widget Locker
    02-04-11 08:40 PM
    LauncherPro

Plume(twitter client)

Beautiful Widgets

Root Explorer

Widget Locker
    I'll check out plume. I've used seesmic, tweetdeck, and twidroyd. Right now, the winner is Seesmic.
    02-04-11 09:08 PM
224 123 ...