Hello All:

I will be changing soon to the Pro or X, I am still up in the air. One thing I have been looking for but can't find is this:

I want to be able to have my phone set on vibrate, however set in the contacts that certain phone numbers that are in my contacts ring. Can I set some to have their own ringtone and have it ring even if the phone is set to vibrate?

Thanks.

Jim
    12-21-10 11:37 PM
    Hello All:

I will be changing soon to the Pro or X, I am still up in the air. One thing I have been looking for but can't find is this:

I want to be able to have my phone set on vibrate, however set in the contacts that certain phone numbers that are in my contacts ring. Can I set some to have their own ringtone and have it ring even if the phone is set to vibrate?

Thanks.

Jim
    in Android 2.2 this is a native feature. you can set each contact to have their own ring tone.
    12-22-10 07:50 AM
    in Android 2.2 this is a native feature. you can set each contact to have their own ring tone.
    I don't think that's what he was asking

OP, the answere is no. that is not a native feature. I personally would never use that, but bet someone does and can recommend a profile app. Cyborg is right, tones are entry individual.
    ok4a56 likes this.
    12-22-10 10:18 AM
    I don't think that's what he was asking

OP, the answere is no. that is not a native feature. I personally would never use that, but bet someone does and can recommend a profile app. Cyborg is right, tones are entry individual.

Thanks. I work 3rd shift, however am on call during the time I sleep, and want nothing other than one phone number to wake me up during my sleep.

I will have to hop on my boys droids and search for a profile app and see what they have.
    12-22-10 11:28 PM
    For what it's worth, I would go for the Droid X unless you are looking for a physical keyboard. I have the Droid X and my wife has the Droid pro. Both are great smartphones, but I give the nod to the Droid X because of the better and bigger screen. Better battery life and better camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-10 10:03 PM
    Thanks. I work 3rd shift, however am on call during the time I sleep, and want nothing other than one phone number to wake me up during my sleep.

I will have to hop on my boys droids and search for a profile app and see what they have.
    You bet, hope you find one.
    12-23-10 11:22 PM

While not a profile app, I use Bedside for this. It has the ability to silence all notifications as well as allow all or selected phone calls through.

It also functions as a deskclock. Slick app.

Bedside (Night Clock) - Android app on AppBrain
    ok4a56 likes this.
    12-24-10 06:41 AM
    Since you can set ringtones for individual contacts, I guess you could set everyone else's to silent/vibrate. That would take a long time though. Or maybe vice versa?

Also, I recommend the Droid X!
    12-26-10 01:30 AM
    Since you can set ringtones for individual contacts, I guess you could set everyone else's to silent/vibrate. That would take a long time though. Or maybe vice versa?

Also, I recommend the Droid X!
    Well I don't want all contacts to be on vibrate all the time, that is the only problem. Just when I'm sleeping during the day.
    12-26-10 02:02 AM
    Oh, I see what you mean... so you want a setting where your phone is on silent, but some of your contacts will ring. That's a tough one. I'm guessing you have a frequently get calls that wake you up. I'm sorry, I wish I could help you more. Maybe you should try to ask the AndroidCentral forum?
    12-27-10 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD