View Poll Results: What is your current status?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do not plan to switch to an Android device

9 7.38%
  • I am considering switching to an Android device

34 27.87%
  • I will or already have switched to an Android device

72 59.02%
  • I do not plan to switch to a Blackberry device

1 0.82%
  • I am considering switching to a Blackberry device

2 1.64%
  • I will or already have switched to a Blackberry device

4 3.28%
    Just a quick question.
    Last edited by grahamf; 05-02-10 at 04:01 PM.
    05-02-10 02:13 AM
    Just my opinion, but Android is

Obviously everyone doesn't share my opinion, but since you asked.
    05-02-10 02:42 AM
    Loving the potential of the Android Platform, and it shines bright on the new HTC Incredible. Also the new iPhone coming out will surely sweep the world by storm it is incorporating a lot of things that were keeping people from getting it (multi-tasking, carrier exclusivity gone). And then we have Blackberry who may not be up on the specs but definitely has a greater growth potential in terms of outside of the US. The next 2 to 3 years will be good for us the consumers. (yea i ranted way of topic but hey whatever)
    05-02-10 03:19 AM
    Staying put. Loving BlackBerry right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 09:24 AM
    where is the choice for both
    05-02-10 10:01 AM
    The only reason I carry my BB Curve around now is because I like to have something to throw at hood rats when I see them.
    05-02-10 10:48 AM
    Just switched to android. I'm staying. I shouldn't have to hack an os on my blackberry to make it work right. I should be hacking it to do something cool. My incredible does cool out of the box. Sorry blackberry, you had your chance to wow me with two devices. You fooled me twice.
    05-02-10 10:53 AM
    I've been a devoted blackberry fan for the last couple years but the desire really tempted me to try it, class loved HTC devices but hated windows mobile rubbish but now loaded with android view are I'm a different class. The only real does is the terrible battery life. I'm lucky to have two sims on the same number so I will continue with my 9700 on work days and switch to my desire evenings and weekends..

I know its running a lot of kit and that why the battery life suffers but I can't wait till technology goes forward and we end us with devices that last weeks on a charge rather than hours.
    05-02-10 12:34 PM
    I've been a devoted blackberry fan for the last couple years but the desire really tempted me to try it, class loved HTC devices but hated windows mobile rubbish but now loaded with android view are I'm a different class. The only real does is the terrible battery life. I'm lucky to have two sims on the same number so I will continue with my 9700 on work days and switch to my desire evenings and weekends..

I know its running a lot of kit and that why the battery life suffers but I can't wait till technology goes forward and we end us with devices that last weeks on a charge rather than hours.
    05-02-10 12:35 PM
    Android is alluring, and its app heaven. I want to the platform a two year run.
    05-02-10 03:30 PM
    I just switched from a Storm to an Incredible and could not be happier. I have been using it heavily since Thursday and not one slowdown, shutdown, reboot, clock of death, freeze, or a single battery pull! WOW! What a fantastic user experience, and right out of the box, no hybrid, leaked, or shrunk OS's to make it work somewhat as advertised!
    05-02-10 08:07 PM
    I will be leaving Blackberry for an Android phone, more specifically the EVO. I waited for the Blackberry Bold 9650 and for me it was the biggest disappointment ever, I played around with a couple touchscreen android phones, and I loved them, it was so easy to do a lot of things, especially browsing the internet. I will get an extended battery for my EVO, and enjoy it. I had no problems typing on an android phone touchscreen, I was expecting to mess up, but it was no problem for me, was quite happy, and know that I will be leaving Blackberry for an Android phone. And my friend who got me addicted to Blackberry, left Blackberry for an Android phone, haha, I stayed put with my Blackberry, but I really do enjoy the Android platform, and I can't wait for EVO to come out.
    05-02-10 09:15 PM
    Got my blackberry in june 09 talked Sprint into letting me ditch it in february 10 due to all the outages.
    couldn't be happier.
    By the time blackberry gets close to catching up android will innovate again.
    I doubt I'll ever be back to blackberry.
    05-02-10 09:40 PM
    VOTED: I will be Android user if I my hands didnt get on HD2 in few weeks since TMO put me on waiting list. Then I will order Nexus one online..

I just switched from a Storm to an Incredible and could not be happier. I have been using it heavily since Thursday and not one slowdown, shutdown, reboot, clock of death, freeze, or a single battery pull! WOW! What a fantastic user experience, and right out of the box, no hybrid, leaked, or shrunk OS's to make it work somewhat as advertised!
    Good to hear that you are happy with sweet incredible device..
    Last edited by VIDGMER; 05-02-10 at 09:43 PM.
    05-02-10 09:40 PM
    made the switch to android from a storm.
    05-03-10 08:03 AM
    made the switch to android from a storm.
    Which Android device did you switch to
    05-03-10 08:07 AM
    blackberry > android > blackberry again
    05-03-10 08:19 AM
    and now I realized that I forgot to click the checkmark that allows you to change your vote. sorry.
    05-03-10 08:49 AM
    Full history :

Moto Q9m > BB Storm 1 > HTC Incredible

Been happy with every move I made so far.

The Incredible just works. Everything I throw at it. No battery pulls, task killers, memory management. I have about 30 apps already, and about 6 widgets running constantly, two email accounts, and Live wallpaper from time to time.
    05-03-10 10:43 AM
    Full history :

Moto Q9m > BB Storm 1 > HTC Incredible

Been happy with every move I made so far.

The Incredible just works. Everything I throw at it. No battery pulls, task killers, memory management. I have about 30 apps already, and about 6 widgets running constantly, two email accounts, and Live wallpaper from time to time.
    Same steps as me...........but I have to wait for my Droid Inc.

05-03-10 10:59 AM
    Been there, done that, over it. Back to bb.
    05-03-10 11:11 AM
    I think I will be going to Android. I just can't getover how polished the incredible is compared to the tour

05-03-10 11:19 AM
    Im the lone vote in the considering switching to a BlackBerry device however there wasnt a category for switching to other devices (non-BB). Once RIM releases BB OS 6.0 and if the WebKit browser is as functional as the Droids browser, I will consider switching to BB IF there is not a Verizon iPhone. I love everything about Android except the calendar reminder system. Its the worst implementation of any device ever. The biggest feature other than browser that I use is the calendar reminders. Other than that I love my Moto Droid.
    05-03-10 02:53 PM
    got my Incredible today

I'm amazed, can't believe what I was missing as far as an OS goes, Internet is insanely fast. So glad I switched, by far the best phone I've ever owned.
    05-03-10 02:57 PM
    Im thinking very hard about moving from my Storm 2 to the Incredible.

BKVic
    05-03-10 04:22 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD