ADW my auto correct always wins when I am in a hurry. Sorry
    06-07-10 02:05 AM
    I installed it but I only see a spot for two quick short cuts at the bottom, not four. I'm willing to try it out for a bit but didn't see an option in the menu to allow four shortcuts at the bottom ala Helix Launcher. How do I go about this?
    06-07-10 11:46 AM
    @OstrichSak, if you swipe up on the dock, it will disappear leaving space for six more icons. I posted a some pics in the sticky screen shot thread yesterday, you can see what it looks like there. once you get that dock loaded, just swipe down for the froyo dock: ) hope that helps
    06-07-10 12:07 PM
    @OstrichSak, if you swipe up on the dock, it will disappear leaving space for six more icons. I posted a some pics in the sticky screen shot thread yesterday, you can see what it looks like there. once you get that dock loaded, just swipe down for the froyo dock: ) hope that helps
    I don't think we're talking about the same thing. When I swipe up on the dock it just opens the app tray.
    06-07-10 12:37 PM
    It is a gesture thing, swipe up with authority, do it a couple times, I had to to get the hang of the gesture. It is there. If it is to much of a hassle, launcher pro will give you the froyo feel and the 4 dock points you are looking for. It is not as customizable, but still better than helix IMO. PS, just touch the square to get to the app tray, no swipe needed for that.
    Last edited by johnly; 06-07-10 at 01:18 PM. Reason: add info
    06-07-10 12:41 PM
    It is a gesture thing, swipe up with authority, do it a couple times, I had to to get the hang of the gesture. It is there. If it is to much of a hassle, launcher pro will give you the froyo feel and the 4 dock points you are looking for. It is not as customizable, but still better than helix IMO. PS, just touch the square to get to the app tray, no swipe needed for that.
    I see what you're saying now but it takes another step to get to those short cuts. The most apps you can have down there at a time w/o an extra step is two. One on either side of the app tray button. For me that's not enough and I don't want the extra step to access the six other apps. I just want four total around the app tray icon no matter what homepage I'm on. I don't want fancy docks on the sides and additional steps to get to them. I thought Launcher Pro was the same way in that it has four like I want but won't allow you to customize them in anyway. Honestly, Helix may be slower as you say but it's the ONLY free option to give me what I'm looking for. If Launcher Pro allowed you to customize the four quick apps on the bottom I would likely be using it instead of Helix.
    06-07-10 04:50 PM
    I see what you're saying now but it takes another step to get to those short cuts. The most apps you can have down there at a time w/o an extra step is two. One on either side of the app tray button. For me that's not enough and I don't want the extra step to access the six other apps. I just want four total around the app tray icon no matter what homepage I'm on. I don't want fancy docks on the sides and additional steps to get to them. I thought Launcher Pro was the same way in that it has four like I want but won't allow you to customize them in anyway. Honestly, Helix may be slower as you say but it's the ONLY free option to give me what I'm looking for. If Launcher Pro allowed you to customize the four quick apps on the bottom I would likely be using it instead of Helix.
    Well, at least you tried them all out! Now you know you are using the one that suits you best, and I wish you all the best to
    06-07-10 04:52 PM
    Well, at least you tried them all out! Now you know you are using the one that suits you best, and I wish you all the best to
    I don't know why you gave me the rolling eyes emoticon but I assume that's a mistake?

I have tried quite a few of them and while I wish my phone were a little quicker to react to my first screen swipe (one I'm swiping from screen to screen it's plenty quick) it seems to work fine otherwise. For me it's not convenient to do away with these four quick launches because I use those for the four apps I use the most so they're there no matter what screen I'm on. Then I have a shortcut app widget on the home screen for the next dozen or so most common used but I have it only on the main screen. The rest are accessed through the app tray and the rest of the screens are widgets and portraits. That's how my phone is setup and it works well for me. If these other two launchers in question (ADW & Launcher Pro) would allow for more flexibility for those main apps I would likely switch to them. But until then I will have to stick with Helix.
    06-07-10 04:59 PM
    I don't know why you gave me the rolling eyes emoticon but I assume that's a mistake?

I have tried quite a few of them and while I wish my phone were a little quicker to react to my first screen swipe (one I'm swiping from screen to screen it's plenty quick) it seems to work fine otherwise. For me it's not convenient to do away with these four quick launches because I use those for the four apps I use the most so they're there no matter what screen I'm on. Then I have a shortcut app widget on the home screen for the next dozen or so most common used but I have it only on the main screen. The rest are accessed through the app tray and the rest of the screens are widgets and portraits. That's how my phone is setup and it works well for me. If these other two launchers in question (ADW & Launcher Pro) would allow for more flexibility for those main apps I would likely switch to them. But until then I will have to stick with Helix.
    Why does it have to be a bad thing to roll the eyes? I think of that emoticon as more of a smile while reading your quote I guess I have to leave the rolleys emoticon alone! I used Helix for a long time, and it is a great launcher. Home++ would always FC on me, and Helix only FC'd on me once in a 1/4 year (who know if it was helix, it could have been caused by an app) I have all my stuff on my 7 screens, so I generally just leave my 6 shortcuts there on drawer number 2, so I have them available throughout all the screens. If I need the app try, I just swipe away the app drawer
    06-07-10 05:22 PM
    ostrich, you can change the icons at the bottom of launcher pro..just long press them. Personally I use adw becuase I have a transparent notification bar and launcher pro renders the background image below the bar...but that doesnt matter if your not rooting and customizing
    Last edited by area52; 06-07-10 at 07:30 PM.
    06-07-10 07:22 PM
    ADW launcher kills helix and launcher pro. Way more customisable, and it is free in the market place!
    Hey there johnly, where can I find a tutorial for the adw launcher. I down loaded it and I like it but would like to read a tutorial for the this. I think it would help. Thanks
    06-07-10 09:47 PM
    If someone doesn't mind, can you explain the launcher and CM ROM thing to me?
    06-07-10 10:53 PM
    Forget CM5, 2.2 is where it's at
    Can't wait until the source hits AOSP and we can get CM6.
    And I greatly prefer LauncherPro, much prettier interface, and he's updating it like crazy, more features every other day or so.
    And it's purdy now

06-09-10 01:11 PM
    Nice double battery indicator.

That's one of the little things I like about CM is the fact I don't have to run a separate battery app to be able to see at a glance the nearest 10% indicator of my remaining battery. After all, it's the little things that make up why we like one over another anyway and that's one of the little things I really like.
    06-09-10 01:14 PM
    Nice double battery indicator.

That's one of the little things I like about CM is the fact I don't have to run a separate battery app to be able to see at a glance the nearest 10% indicator of my remaining battery. After all, it's the little things that make up why we like one over another anyway and that's one of the little things I really like.
    Double battery indicator is only because I'm on 2.2 and we don't have source yet so there's not a whole lot we can do in that department. But the other advantages 2.2 offers on the N1 like increased battery life, WAY more faster, tons of apps improved/tweaked visually and functionally, it's way worth it.
    06-09-10 01:20 PM
    My Droid's running the newer 2.2 build with Launcher Pro enabled at just 600MHz and it just flies. I don't even need to overclock it past that.
    06-09-10 01:28 PM
    I recently had LauncherPro installed and just erased it....it was too buggy for me

How does one go about installing the ADW launcher??? I had previously installed it, but I believe I needed to install another app to run it because I wasn't able to access it.

Anybody?
    06-09-10 01:40 PM
    Hey there johnly, where can I find a tutorial for the adw launcher. I down loaded it and I like it but would like to read a tutorial for the this. I think it would help. Thanks
    ADW Launcher Includes SenseUI Homescreens | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog
    ADW is very new, as launcher pro has been out for awhile. I would say read this article, download it and run in for a week. The customizations are insanely beyond the other available launchers. The UI customizations, alone, can keep one busy getting it set for their personal preferences for a day.
    I recently had LauncherPro installed and just erased it....it was too buggy for me

How does one go about installing the ADW launcher??? I had previously installed it, but I believe I needed to install another app to run it because I wasn't able to access it.

Anybody?
    App market, nothing needed just install and open after finished.
    06-09-10 01:55 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD