For the next 2 weeks, I will be using the N1 with the iPhone to see which device I will go forward with for the next few months. The iPhone has been my primary device (after my Bold) since 3.0 came out. I do however like the Android OS and I will give this one a shot. I refuse to go to Tmobile because 3G coverage is poor or non-existant in my area so I bought it unlocked to use on AT&T Edge. Plus my wife loves her iPhone and hates tmobile. And more than likely, I will be getting the next iPhone when it comes out, if it's worth it. 3G speed is not a big deal right now, because most of the data intense features I use with the iPhone, are mainly done at home under WiFi. But then again, this is why I will be using them together to see how much it matters to me.

Anyhow, while using I will be observing:

Ease of use of daily tasks i.e. email, texting, calendar syncing etc....
    Responsiveness of device
    Usefull applications for the things I need e.g Bill tracking software and other assistants with my bank accounts
    Media Player

Not concerned about games and stuff as that is no real interest to me

Obviously, I will not worry too much about download speeds when not in a WiFi area. But I will compare that as well when I'm at home. I would expect it to perform faster with a faster processor and the same WiFi as the iPhone. So all in all I will see what happens a decide from there. This will be my method going forward for all devices to make sure I get the best one that suits my needs.

Anything else in the Android OS that stands out that I should look for when using? Stuff where data speed doesn't matter?
    01-06-10 01:29 PM
    Since this is Android forum on a BlackBerry website, it would be appreciated by those of us who are looking into Android phones, if you would tell us how it compares to your Bold.

You can compare it with the iPhone all day long but most of us here have BlackBerry devices. So I think it would be nice if you do a little comparison to your BlackBerry...
    01-06-10 01:34 PM
    Since this is Android forum on a BlackBerry website, it would be appreciated by those of us who are looking into Android phones, if you would tell us how it compares to your Bold.

You can compare it with the iPhone all day long but most of us here have BlackBerry devices. So I think it would be nice if you do a little comparison to your BlackBerry...
    I don't care how it compares to the Bold. Haven't used the Bold in months and don't plan on it. The purpose was to see if anyone had any other things that I should look at on the Android OS. Doesn't have to be in relation to the iPhone or any other phone. But since I will be an Android user I would like to learn some things from those who have Android devices. Your response is pointless. If you cannot assist then please keep it moving. Thanks.
    01-06-10 01:59 PM
    Honestly, using my N1 on Tmo, and my iPhone 3Gs on ATT right now I don't know what you would need to wait 2 weeks for.

Having used practically every smartphone to date, regularly-

It's very interesting to see how over time, there are very few smartphones that really are "must have".

The gaps between themselves are growing so small, that really-

They can all practically be considered the same, just with different Skins lol.

There is not one smartphone to rule them all.

Were one phone does well, the others will perform just as well, or at the very least, well enough to get by.
    01-06-10 02:24 PM
    Honestly, using my N1 on Tmo, and my iPhone 3Gs on ATT right now I don't know what you would need to wait 2 weeks for.

Having used practically every smartphone to date, regularly-

It's very interesting to see how over time, there are very few smartphones that really are "must have".

The gaps between themselves are growing so small, that really-

They can all practically be considered the same, just with different Skins lol.

There is not one smartphone to rule them all.

Were one phone does well, the others will perform just as well, or at the very least, well enough to get by.
    I'm waiting 2 weeks because that's how long you have to send it back from when you get it. I don't plan on keep both phones. So I just want to see which device will be enough to hold me over to the next iPhone or am I ready to switch full time. My wife would kill me with 2 phone bills LOL. AT&T family plan with 2 iPhone is enough.
    01-06-10 02:32 PM
    As much as I like the Nexus One...

I still think I'll be staying with my iPhone in the end.

On a sidenote-

Are you having an issue with the "Polar Clock" live wallpaper?

To be honest, I'm MORE interested in a DROID N1 comparison.

Up until this point, the N1 hasn't really wooed me.

It's great, it's nice, it's smexy-

But nothing groundbreaking, as the hype made it out to be.

Nor is it the start of a new breed of smartphone known as a "superphone".

This is like comparing OS 4.6 to 5.0-

I'm honestly preferring my DROID over the N1 at this point.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 01-06-10 at 02:49 PM.
    01-06-10 02:38 PM
    As much as I like the Nexus One...

I still think I'll be staying with my iPhone in the end.

On a sidenote-

Are you having an issue with the "Polar Clock" live wallpaper?

To be honest, I'm MORE interested in a DROID N1 comparison.

Up until this point, the N1 hasn't really wooed me.

It's great, it's nice, it's smexy-

But nothing groundbreaking, as the hype made it out to be.

Nor is it the start of a new breed of smartphone known as a "superphone".

This is like comparing OS 4.6 to 5.0-

I'm honestly preferring my DROID over the N1 at this point.
    Thanks for the info. I guess it's probably not that big a difference to you especially since you have the Droid. I guess I will see since I haven't owned an Android phone. More than likely, I'll keep both for a while and get rid of my iPhone shortly before the new one drops. But as far as the Android OS 2.1, how is the ease of use overall?
    01-06-10 02:54 PM
    It's actually pretty easy once you get used to managing all the different windows and widgets-

Also, getting used to the "curtains"-

Although on 2.1 there's only 1, instead of 2 on 2.0 on the DROID.

However, I do prefer the way the N1 handles curtains in 2.1
    01-06-10 03:10 PM

I'll compare my Bold to the N1 for you when I get it. The 9000 has been my main device for a year now.
    01-06-10 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD