01-15-10 09:57 PM
34 12
tools
    Yup, Apple does have an answer and is already working on it. Opening it up to atleast Verizon, if not Verizon and T-Mo and maybe Sprint.

The ONLY way Apple will be able to keep its huge market share is to expand to all carriers because they've already saturated ATT's customer base.

I can tell you now, ATT opening the floodgates to Android and WebOS is a telling sign. They released pretty much no new smartphones since June 2007 other than the standard WinMo and BB phones to appease their corporate users.
    01-06-10 05:42 PM
    Ohhhhh him
    haha That guy! Thank goodness he's gone...
    01-06-10 06:18 PM
    As a user of Blackberry and a fan of Android, got to say that google has it going on. It won't be long before google will be the desired phone maker. Unless Apple allows the iPhone to go to another carrier...might be a different story. Imagine an iPhone updated to surpass Android technology on the Verizon network. $$$$$ for Verizon and ATT would be flushed down the toilet of failed wireless carriers. LOL!
    01-06-10 07:15 PM
    Only thing the iphone has is more apps. Droid has a better screen, a keyboard and lots of other features. It will be interesting to see what happens. I wonder what mods the verizon iphone will have.
    01-07-10 01:51 PM
    I still find it funny how Android, which is on like 20 different devices, is trying to compete with 1 device, an Iphone. I mean in reality Android SHOULD zoom past the Iphone easily although that is not the case. That is one thing everyone overlooks. Oh Android is going to kick Apples ***. Well it should seeing as how it's on almost every new device being announced. Apple only uses and only needs one device and it's only on 1 carrier. Imagine if they sale the Iphone on Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile. The sales would grow ALOT.
    Last edited by Brickz187; 01-07-10 at 04:37 PM.
    01-07-10 04:35 PM
    You couldn't have said it better. The Iphone is still the standard which others go by.

I still find it funny how Android, which is on like 20 different devices, is trying to compete with 1 device, an Iphone. I mean in reality Android SHOULD zoom past the Iphone easily although that is not the case. That is one thing everyone overlooks. Oh Android is going to kick Apples ***. Well it should seeing as how it's on almost every new device being announced. Apple only uses and only needs one device and it's only on 1 carrier. Imagine if they sale the Iphone on Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile. The sales would grow ALOT.
    01-15-10 07:15 PM
    I don't think apple will ever release anything as groung breaking and with so much impact as the original iphone. When apple first released the iphone there was no real competition. Now you have companies like Sony, HTC, Google... Investing millions into research and development. The is no way that apple as unique as they are, are leaps and bounds ahead of these other companys. I think the next iphone will have a better screen, faster processor and maybe some UI tweeks and that about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    But this is where you are wrong. Every new iPhone release is ground breaking. The device now two years in a row, has sold over more than 1 million units in 1 weekend. That is more than most of the other devices sell in one year. That a lone is ground breaking.

The App Store is ground breaking. NO ONE is close to catching up. NO other apps that come out for any other platform looks as polished and run as smoothly as its iPhone counterpart.

iTunes. That's all I have to say. It is the easiest way to sync everything and manage everything you need.

Apple might not do anything to the device but make the home button a little smaller and millions will flock to the new iPhone.

It is hard for others to compete with the iPhone itself. It is even harder to compete with Apple.
    01-15-10 07:48 PM
    Competition will always be a good thing, Android will push apple to do a better product, apple pushing RIM to do something better... Always and always! That's why smartphone evolve fast!

I hate the iPhone(good phone but not for me) and I am totally addicted to the BB and I'll never have anything else. But I love Apple for the great competion they do to Blackberry. If Apple would not exist, the S1/S2 would not exist too... And the Bold 9700 could not be as powerful as it is!
    01-15-10 07:55 PM
    Only thing the iphone has is more apps. Droid has a better screen, a keyboard and lots of other features. It will be interesting to see what happens. I wonder what mods the verizon iphone will have.
    Verizon will not get the iPhone until they open a HSPA network(same has Telus/Bell in Canada)
    01-15-10 09:57 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD