G1 flopped? Are you serious?

I know the phone didn't sell as well as iPhone from 2008, or BlackBerry Curve from 2008, but here in the US at least, t-mo sold a lot of them. I don't know the actual numbers, but we used to sell several G1s every day. And that was just one T-Mobile store in one city.

Sorry for going off topic here.
    Well compared to the competition it was considered a flop and the sales numbers were all over the place. Also Android's dismal market share despite the G1 didn't help that perception. The first phone to put Android squarely on the map was the og Droid IMO.
    01-15-12 10:56 AM
    I don't see what you mean with this statement. I doubt Jobs was concerned about Android
    "I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." -Steve Jobs

Yeah, not concerned about Android at all...

Android won't die as long as it stays relevant when the next generation of smartphones comes along. It certainly won't die anytime soon.
    01-19-12 03:27 PM
    I can't see RIM coming back from where they are. They are lacking in high end devices and also in apps.
    01-21-12 08:03 PM
    I can't see RIM coming back from where they are. They are lacking in high end devices and also in apps.
    I could see it going either way tbh. If they release BB10 phones and the Android app player works great, then that will open the door to the app ecosystem they're lacking. I believe (if rumours are true), that they will finally have some good hardware in the phones to go along with this.

If the phones come out to good reviews (and I think reviewers are going to be extra harsh), then I could see a lot of people at least trying it out. People like new tech, and if RIM brings anything other than their usual "C" game..then people might jump on it.
    01-22-12 09:26 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD