Sensation = 1GB internal storage (part of it used for OS)
    Evo 3D = 4GB internal memory (part of it used for OS)
    Galaxy S = 16GB (less than 4GB can be used for apps :O)

Same thing with other phones like the Thunderbolt, Epic, etc

Why do these companies keep putting out high end Android phones with such low amount of memory for apps? The iPhones and Windows Phones all allow all of their memory to be used for apps (8GB, 16GB, 32GB). But apparently this isnt the case on Android. It makes no sense. Sure a lot of apps dont use up much memory but there are some that do, like games. And quite a number of apps cannot function properly with the whole apps2sd card feature.

I dont install many apps on my phone but I like to be safe rather than sorry.

Android needs to take notes from WP7 and iOS with the whole app memory issue. Such a good OS like this should come with plenty of memory especially since apps is a huge reason for buying smartphones nowadays.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 05:05 PM
    Coming over from blackberry I can say android (imho) has adequate memory for apps. I mean who's really going to use 5 gigs of memory on apps alone.

06-10-11 05:20 PM
    Most of the high memory apps are made to be installed on your memory card. I've had my phone for over a year and I haven't ran out of space. But I only download apps I use and I don't use very many.

K Bear likes this.
    06-10-11 07:38 PM
    with SDCard storage and the internal storage you have plenty. Trust me its not an issue like you would think.
    K Bear likes this.
    06-10-11 09:21 PM
    I have an OG EVO until the 3D drops on the 24th. I have 282 apps on my phone and I still have plenty of room for more. I will never be able to use 1gb let alone 4gb. There is no problem here.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    06-14-11 12:41 AM
    Ok it looks like most android apps are very small in memory. And the Sensation comes with an 8gb card. Nice.
    Last edited by condemned; 06-15-11 at 01:08 PM.
    06-15-11 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD