I was always curious of why. I have a girlfriend that has a Galaxy S3, she chargers her battery everyday. Friends and coworkers that have it also complain battery life isn't good either. I see people always having the phones charged and plugged to walls. Some say that it's the users having wifi and all types of stuff on in the background without usage. Which might be the case, but I highly doubt that. It's the main reason why I didn't even jump to Android in the 1st place. Also everbody has one I wanted to be different. I also am amazed that I can do things on my BB or nokia and that android phones can do but much better battery life.

Can anybody explain why?? Does it have to do with the OS itself that needs alot of processing memory?? Cause I hear people keep telling me from update to update that the battery life improves, but they turn around and still complain how they can't even get up to 6 or even 8 hrs without charging it.
    06-04-15 06:07 PM
    Sounds like someone has never owned a Z10.

Every Android device is different my friend. Some have good battery life other's don't. The same is true when it comes to BlackBerry devices.

I routinely get over 8 hours of screen on time out of a single charge of my OnePlus One. Notice that I said "screen on time". Not time spent laying around not being used but still powered on. If you consider 8 hours of actual use per charge bad battery life, I'd love to see what you consider to good battery life.

Do all Android devices have that good of battery life? Nope and neither do all BlackBerry devices.
    06-04-15 07:54 PM

Every Android device is different my friend. Some have good battery life other's don't. The same is true when it comes to BlackBerry devices.

I routinely get over 8 hours of screen on time out of a single charge of my OnePlus One. Notice that I said "screen on time". Not time spent laying around not being used but still powered on. If you consider 8 hours of actual use per charge bad battery life, I'd love to see what you consider to good battery life.

Do all Android devices have that good of battery life? Nope and neither do all BlackBerry devices.
    You must be dialing down all the settings to get that SOT, never got that close and the G2 is one of the best Android phones for battery life.

For OP. Battery life on Android has multiple factors. Unlike Blackberry/Apple, Android phones have so many hardware configurations with different battery sizes that making blanket statements is useless. On some phones resource hungry overlays like Touchwiz for Samsung exist. In addition many apps exist that constantly poll for things like location and notifications and wake the device even on standby. More recent builds of Android OS like Lollipop have methods to bunch all those query requests together to increase battery life but the individual apps have to support it and of course the phone has to actually have Lollipop.

So to get good battery life on Android. Choose a phone with a large battery, current OS, and low impact overlay/skin. Choose your apps wisely.
    06-04-15 08:11 PM
    You must be dialing down all the settings to get that SOT, never got that close and the G2 is one of the best Android phones for battery life.
    No need to dial down anything. I use the phone as I please.

Our OnePlus One battery life test is complete: score rattles the Sony Xperia Z2's throne

Independent tests agree that the OnePlus One's battery far out lasts the G2's. I had a G2 as well. Great battery life, but not nearly as good as the OPO's. Actually, quite a few Android devices outlast the G2 now.
    06-04-15 08:32 PM
    No need to dial down anything. I use the phone as I please.

Our OnePlus One battery life test is complete: score rattles the Sony Xperia Z2's throne

Independent tests agree that the OnePlus One's battery far out lasts the G2's. I had a G2 as well. Great battery life, but not nearly as good as the OPO's. Actually, quite a few Android devices outlast the G2 now.
    Phonearena normalized for nits at 200. Its a great way to take default settings out of the equation in comparing phones but you have to realize whats what. The One has great battery life no doubt but the difference between the G2 is not that large when you compare stock settings to stock which is why I inquired about your settings.
    06-04-15 09:51 PM
    > Galaxy S3.
    06-04-15 09:54 PM

I have a Q10 and I get 2 days of battery life. Screen on bright, but with wifi, bluetooth, and all that stuff off. Plus I dont' have email or social media syncing in the background. I text and call most of the time, a few games I play with poker and maybe 3 mins of wifi.
    06-05-15 02:09 AM