Nice review @darreno1. Quick question..are you on the GSM version or CDMA with LTE?
    Verizon CDMA / LTE.
    12-21-11 09:33 PM
    Hey fellow CB Fandroids. It's been months since I've been over here but I had to comment on the VZW Galaxy Nexus. If you're on the fence, jump off and get it. As a huge iPhone/iOS fan, ICS is what I've been waiting for Android to become since I first got the Droid in 2009. I can honestly say ICS is about every bit as polished and stable as iOS. I have had solid battery life (16-20 hours off charger and 4-5 hours of screen on/usage). I have had no signal or network related issues. I love this phone. I have relegated my iPhone 4 to iPod Touch duty. The Nexus is the Android phone to get (even though I liked the Rezound) because the amount of support this thing is getting is ridiculous. Within 1 day of VZW launch I was already seeing every kind of mod possible to fix many issues people were complaining about, including the low sound (my speaker is pretty loud if I must say so). There's even a radio leak already (some people are reporting even better signal lock). This phone is the real deal.
    Rickroller and howarmat like this.
    12-22-11 02:24 PM
    Good review darren01, thanks. I am/was leaning heavily iPhone for next year based on my wife's experience and my iMac experience. But I always thought I'd love the 4.5" screen better than the 3.7". I think that I'll strongly consider this phone, and 32mg of memory for $300 is the same as the iPhone. I assume I can drag/drop and play my movies that I made from DVDs for my Apple TV2 using Handbrake right?
    12-22-11 03:20 PM
    Good review darren01, thanks. I am/was leaning heavily iPhone for next year based on my wife's experience and my iMac experience. But I always thought I'd love the 4.5" screen better than the 3.7". I think that I'll strongly consider this phone, and 32mg of memory for $300 is the same as the iPhone. I assume I can drag/drop and play my movies that I made from DVDs for my Apple TV2 using Handbrake right?
    Thanks. Before you drop $300 on the phone, check out Amazon. They were selling it for $150 at one point (it's currently $190 now and out of stock - Verizon version). Still, Best Buy price matches so you can probably pick it up for that price if you show them proof (a forum member did this and they matched it).

Yep, drag-n-drop isn't an issue and Handbrake should work just fine.
    12-23-11 12:33 AM
    I already have a VZN phone. Usually the Amazon deals are for new subscribers. Verizon's price is $250 for me.
    12-27-11 01:16 PM
    I'm tempted, since fooling with this early ICS build

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    12-27-11 08:14 PM
    Hey, I'm stuck between the G Nexus or the Bold 9900, how's the battery life on the Nexus? Thank you so much!
    01-30-12 07:53 AM
    Hey, I'm stuck between the G Nexus or the Bold 9900, how's the battery life on the Nexus? Thank you so much!
    I can't speak for the 9900 because I haven't used one, so I'll speak for a GSM Nexus (non-LTE version). The Gnex is my 3rd Android phone in a little over a year, and it's giving me the best battery life out of those 3. Whether it's to do with the phone or the software I couldn't say, but imo it's great.

With Android, the big indicator of "useage" lies within your on-screen time. This is basically the amount of time that the screen is on, when your doing things such as emails, messaging, web browsing, video's etc. I'm consistently getting between 3 and 4 hours of on-screen time, over a 16hr day. This will generally include about an hour of voice calls per day as well, although how much of a drain phone calls is I couldn't say.

These screenshots were taken on day 3 with my Nexus after heavy use..

There is also an extended battery available for both the LTE and GSM versions, which add very little added bulk to the device (I think I read 1mm difference) and will allow you to still use OEM cases with the phone.

Overall...i'm very pleased with the battery life on this, and I haven't even gotten into custom kernels or undervolting yet (which should help increase battery life even more).
    Last edited by Rickroller; 01-30-12 at 08:26 AM.
    01-30-12 08:23 AM
    I've had mine about 3 weeks, 3G only (CDMA Verizon): the battery is fine, very similar to my HTC Incredible. I'm not a heavy user, mostly email/txt a little browsing not much talk. I'm at 50% by the end of the day, sometimes better. The battery complaints are largely from persons using 4G LTE in marginal signal areas. Verizon is supposedly rapidly expanding their LTE network and theory is that has something to do with people losing their signals.
    01-31-12 02:04 PM
    Just picked up my Galaxy Nexus. So far so god, really liking it. One handed use is easier than I thought it would be. Just need to root and ROM which I will probably do tomorrow. For now I'll just enjoy the device for what it is.
    02-02-12 01:30 PM
    Grats avt! Enjoy
    02-02-12 01:36 PM
    Just picked up my Galaxy Nexus. So far so god, really liking it. One handed use is easier than I thought it would be. Just need to root and ROM which I will probably do tomorrow. For now I'll just enjoy the device for what it is.
    Can't go wrong with Codename Android or AOKP Kang rom (both 4.03 AOSP roms), then use Imoseyen's clean Kernel or Franco's Kernel.

I'm using AOKP with Franco's kernel undervolted, not overclocked (stock top end speed of 12000), and hotplug enabled (turns one cpu core off when screen is off for more battery savings).
    02-02-12 03:11 PM
    Thanks for the info. I have been doing some research this morning and it seems like there is a nice easy root method made for Widows. Too bad I am on a Mac.

I'll have to do the other method later on.
    02-03-12 09:26 AM
    Thanks for the info. I have been doing some research this morning and it seems like there is a nice easy root method made for Widows. Too bad I am on a Mac.

ADB is your friend
    02-03-12 09:35 AM

[GNex TOOLKIT V5.1] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE [GSM] - xda-developers

This method is probably the most ridiculously easy root/unlock method i've ever come across. The hardest part was getting drivers installed on my computer lol. But yea..it's only for Windows I believe..
    02-03-12 09:52 AM
    ADB is your friend
    About to install.

[GNex TOOLKIT V5.1] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE [GSM] - xda-developers

This method is probably the most ridiculously easy root/unlock method i've ever come across. The hardest part was getting drivers installed on my computer lol. But yea..it's only for Windows I believe..
    Yea that's what I mean lol. Use to be able to load it onto the device and go through terminal from there and achieve root access. Loved it. Unless it is possible as well and I just haven't found it.
    02-03-12 10:54 AM
    I am loving this thing. I have the newest bugless beast on it and it is super smooth. Battery life is getting better but it isn't bad considering I get wifi a lot and 3G all the time. For the short time I was in 4G the battery took a little hit.

Overall I am very satisfied so far. Great work Google/ Samsung. Everyone's mouth drops when they see this.screen lol.
    Last edited by avt123; 02-04-12 at 04:49 PM.
    02-04-12 04:47 PM
    Every now and then I dip my toe into the Android pool. Maybe tomorrow.
    02-04-12 04:59 PM
    Every now and then I dip my toe into the Android pool. Maybe tomorrow.
    Check out the Galaxy Nexus for sure.
    02-04-12 07:01 PM
    Well, I pulled the trigger on a Nexus this morning. Will be delivered tomorrow. I'm actually nervous about tossing the 9900 and 9790 in the drawer!
    02-07-12 09:08 PM
    Good luck, it's an awesome phone. I recommend getting the extended battery with it.
    02-07-12 10:17 PM
    Anyone have a pic of the device with the extended battery? Thia phone looks nice.

Too big for me, but tempting.
    02-08-12 09:31 PM
    Anyone have a pic of the device with the extended battery? Thia phone looks nice.

Here's a site with a video comparison
    Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery Review (Slim and Powerful!)
    02-08-12 09:47 PM
    Thanks!!!!
    02-08-12 09:55 PM

You shall be assimilated.... AGAIN.....
    02-08-12 11:43 PM
109 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD