yeah the quick settings are really nice i agree. I do like that there is a button to click on the top of the drop down that takes you to the settings menu. BUT i dont like how the settings menu is divided up as much. just things to get used to is all
    12-16-11 05:28 PM
    After waiting since October for this device, I'm supposed to be typing on it as we speak. Quite a few negative reviews and posts, so I'm waiting to see if I should grab one.
    Still rocking the Thunderbolt with a ton of accessories Verizon is getting rid of for cheap.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    12-17-11 03:00 PM
    Went to Future Shop and played with one the other night (first time i've had a chance since it was released)..and I found it (to quote Borat) "very nice". Wanted to buy it outright but the b*stards wouldn't sell it off contract yet.. I even tried a different store to try to convice someone to sell me one but no luck

Overall the phone felt very smooth and very fast. Screen was amaze and the new animations and transitions were awesome too. I will buy one to play with..whether I keep it or not will depend on how much I like ICS and if I feel like it's worth keeping or waiting till after CES.
    12-18-11 11:03 AM
    I was in Verizon and played around with the device. Would y'all say that it is okay to get now or would you wait to see them get all the bugs worked out, etc.?
    12-18-11 11:52 AM
    Picked mine up on Friday morning to replace my Thunderbolt. Went ahead and unlocked and rooted yesterday and moved over my apps and data from the TBolt. Not sure I like the search bar at the top of every screen but otherwise the Galaxy Nexus and ICS is pretty nice.

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-18-11 12:14 PM
    if you got the money and are looking for a new phone already then i see no reason to get it. The bugs will be worked on i am sure. This is the first ICS device so there will be some small things that are annoying i think. But its just new and different more than its actually a bug or problem

I unlocked and rooted mine friday night after i had some free time. Loaded a simple deodexed ROM just so I can flash little tweaks and such. loaded my titanium backup folder over and restore most all my apps and data. So far so good. Battery is tons better on this phone over my thunderbolt. Unless something drastic goes wrong i wont be looking back. ICS is very solid change IMO
    12-18-11 12:24 PM
    I was in Verizon and played around with the device. Would y'all say that it is okay to get now or would you wait to see them get all the bugs worked out, etc.?
    The biggest complaint I've seen so far is data signal and battery life.
    Some have mentioned that a few of their favorite apps aren't working as they should. I'd suggest making sure that apps you use daily and can't live without are compatible. I'm sure they will all be updated to support ICS.

12-18-11 12:27 PM
    Amy just buy it, if you don't like it you can always take it back. I'm sure the bugs will be fixed quickly. If not, you can always flash a custom ROM which will make things better in general.
    12-18-11 02:21 PM
    Buy it, you'll love it.
    12-18-11 04:56 PM
    And I'm off to Verizon. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-18-11 04:58 PM
    Atta girl.
    12-18-11 05:01 PM
    12-18-11 05:15 PM
    Anyone found a wireless tether app that works? Don't want to upgrade and lose that feature.

12-18-11 06:02 PM
    Anyone found a wireless tether app that works? Don't want to upgrade and lose that feature.

Here you go.

wifi_tether_v3_1-pre110.apk - android-wifi-tether - WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.1-pre110 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting
    12-18-11 06:09 PM
    Atta girl.
    And the Verizon store I am planning on getting the GN from closed before I got there :'( Luckily they won't be selling out of anything...surprisingly, not too many people in this area seem to care about tech releases lol

12-18-11 07:10 PM
    Hmmmmm. My sister, or mom may get an iPhone for Christmas from me

12-18-11 09:07 PM
    Thanks.
    I see that Tapatalk has been updated to support ICS as well.
    I need to find a thread to see which apps work, and which ones do not.

12-19-11 07:30 AM
    I pick up my Nexus yesterday I have been with blackberry over 8 years. I never thought I would make the switch but I must say this a great phone. Yes it has a few minor issues. But I'm sure they will be worked out. The droid market is full of wonderful apps.
    12-19-11 08:34 PM
    How is the battery life in general? How is it compared to the Thunderbolt? I'm really liking the look of this device!

I liked HTC Sense too so not sure I'd like this UI.

I loved my Bolt but the battery life was bad so I got an extended. Made it too big. Is the Samsung thin and light? Or hefty?
    12-20-11 05:32 AM
    its thin and light, i dont have any pics with them sitting next to each other. Its taller than the TB but really not any difference in width. I really like the new OS. I do miss some sense elements as mentioned but after looking around can find some good solutions for.

Battery is really hard to judge. On wifi this thing kills my thunderbolt when it comes to battery. I went 20-21 hours on the gnex on wifi and still had 55% left but then I went to work where signal isnt very good and the battery drain from about 50 to 10% in 5 hours or so. Which is about the same as my thunderbolt really. Overall it beats the thunderbolt no question about it. There are some data signal issues in weak areas that hopefully get fixed (VZW says they are aware of it). I think that is my biggest flaw.

You will have to try it out for yourself i think.
    12-20-11 05:45 AM
    I've been fighting it...but the more I see the more interested I am in switching devices. I am very worried about not having solid, useable notifications (i.e. not having to turn on the phone to check), soudn profiles, and BBM. I know of BBM workarounds...but I want to ask those who have bought the Nexus:

1) Does it have an external LED light and are there apps to change that light for different notifications like missed call, missed text, voicemail, etc?
    2) Does ICS have anything like sound profiles?
    3)Can I filter emails so that emails from certain contacts get an LED notification?

Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance!
    12-20-11 09:48 AM
    1) nice LED and lightflow works very well
    2) you can alter sounds for different activities. You will probably want to try some free apps for more control though
    3) yes you can have certain contacts with different color LED
    12-20-11 09:57 AM
    Matt-

Thanks!
    12-20-11 10:01 AM
    The LED on the Galaxy Nexus is nice and bright. I didn't even realize that the phone had a notification LED as the reviews I read had not mentioned it. It was a pleasant surprise to see a bright, green flashing light soon after setting up my phone.

ICS doesn't give you much control over the light other than choosing whether to use it. It does flash in different colors for different apps, and so far I've seen purple, blue, green, and orange notifications. I've seen others recommend Light Flow to better control the notifications. It's two bucks in the Market and I may give it a try. There's a free version too but it doesn't support some of the apps I use.

Here's a link to the developer's web site:

http://www.folioflow.com/ff/page/web...ow/pageId/1687

Sent using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 12-20-11 at 11:12 AM.
    12-20-11 10:56 AM
    NotJust-

Thanks! I just got back from the VZW store. After reading the reviews I had to check this thing out and its pretty nice. Very big. I would have to get used to it, mainly the typing and adding calendar events, and other little things. The BB is nice to just grab adn toss ina quick reminder calendar event and all and I"m sure a lot of that is a matter of familiarity.

I'm looking at the Nexus and the Stratosphere...I like the size and keyboard option on the Strat, but I foudn that I could type easier on the Nexus touchscreen vs. the Strat touchscreen and I like ICS on the Nexus and am unsure if the Strat will get that update.

But anyway, I can see myself moving to Android knowing that I can get that LED notification and personalization, that was a must for me coming from BB. Now, to find a good BBM replacement and I'm good to go!

Thanks again for all the help.
    12-20-11 11:34 AM
109 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD