Does anyone else have a protective case on their G2? If so, why is it so difficult to remove? How do you remove it? I also want to know if its possible to remove all of the apps that was pre installed by t-mobile.. all the google apps which I won't be using... if there's a way please let me know. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 12:59 PM
    I don't own a g2. If you can't remove it by uninstalling then you'll have to remove it by rooting the phone first.

11-27-10 02:39 PM
    Do u have any idea on how I would be able to do that?

11-27-10 03:15 PM

Best bet would be to check out the G2 Forums in Android Central..or just google G2 Root. I've got the Desire Z (which is the Canadian and UK versions of the G2), and there is a root available..but I haven't walked that plank yet lol.
    11-27-10 05:35 PM

XDA Developers. Tons of info there.
    11-27-10 05:40 PM
    You cannot remove the pre-installed apps without rooting the G2. I've found that the apps are useful and haven't removed them. As far as a protective cover, I've left out without a cover so can't help you there.
    11-27-10 07:43 PM
    the gel skins for those things seem to discolor the casing, it's really odd and hardly noticeable, but still a curious thing.
    11-27-10 10:48 PM
    I have a G2.

I use a blue hard plastic case from tmobile. I leave it on all the time.

To get rid of preinstalled apps, you need to permanently root the g2, not just temp root.

11-27-10 11:41 PM
    Does anyone else have a protective case on their G2? If so, why is it so difficult to remove? How do you remove it?

I have noticed on a few blogs, people talking about the oils from your hands, discoloring the plastic/paint on the bare G2s, and if you do not clean them before putting a cover on them, they will tend to continue discolor over time, due to the oil trapped under the case.

Comparing my new G2 and a couple of ones that are a little older that friends got when they first came out, there is a noticeable difference in color. Especially in those that eat things like chips and cheese puffs or anything else that has oils in it, and then handle the phone, thinking that a quick wipe on the pants/shirt, will do ok.

Lesson learned, once the oil gets into the paint/plastic, there is no cleaning it off/out.
    12-25-10 06:46 PM
    you can't uninstall them without root, but you can disable them

pm disable ____________ in terminal or adb
    12-26-10 02:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD