I have used froyo, and verizons/sprints latest phones. Is it just me, or is the SGS camera technology sick. I have never been able to match my cannon power shot, point and shoot until now. The SGS camera is beautiful. Did I mention there is no wait time in between picks like the other android devices out? Yeah, instant capture is nice.......and to be able to point and shoot rapidly (without auto) is almost making my purchase of another point and shoot null.
    I will post some pics comparing this 5MP to My Droid1 5MP when pre med allows. (Mega pixels are WAY over rated)
    09-24-10 09:29 PM
    The camera software is quite amazing. Picture quality is very good and even without the flash it takes very good night pictures.
    09-24-10 09:54 PM
    This thread is useless without pics and I'm up for the challenge. My X against your SGS.
    09-24-10 10:37 PM
    This thread is useless without pics and I'm up for the challenge. My X against your SGS.
    Nice eh? Love it! I am busy with neurology, but I will post as soon as I am done (could be a week.)
    09-24-10 11:31 PM
    Nice eh? Love it! I am busy with neurology, but I will post as soon as I am done (could be a week.)
    NP, whenever you can
    09-25-10 12:33 AM
    Ohhhhh this is gonna be good. I know when I used my X when I did some tweaking I did get some good pics with the X.
    I will say the SGS gives the iphn4 a run for its money.....
    I'm staying neutral here........
    Let the pics be posted..................
    09-25-10 08:08 AM
    i get great pics with my x stock camera or vignette
    09-25-10 09:58 AM
    Ohhhhh this is gonna be good. I know when I used my X when I did some tweaking I did get some good pics with the X.
    I will say the SGS gives the iphn4 a run for its money.....
    I'm staying neutral here........
    Let the pics be posted..................
    Yeah it will be fun. Played with a friend's iPhone 4 yesterday and was pretty disappointed with the pics. We were inside and took a few portraits under semi-low incandescent lighting with and without the new HDR feature and they came out grainy and soft even with the flash. Also there's an annoying lack of features compared to even the X's default camera app. In all fairness, I'm pitting his default app against vignette and camera 360, both of which I use, but with all the hype I expected much better quality. I've seen outdoor pics, and they're good but the over saturation evident in many of them is a disappointment as well. I guess I'm not as impressed with vividness as I am with accurate colors - something the X's camera shines at.
    09-25-10 10:13 AM
    Yeah it will be fun. Played with a friend's iPhone 4 yesterday and was pretty disappointed with the pics. We were inside and took a few portraits under semi-low incandescent lighting with and without the new HDR feature and they came out grainy and soft even with the flash. Also there's an annoying lack of features compared to even the X's default camera app. In all fairness, I'm pitting his default app against vignette and camera 360, both of which I use, but with all the hype I expected much better quality. I've seen outdoor pics, and they're good but the over saturation evident in many of them is a disappointment as well. I guess I'm not as impressed with vividness as I am with accurate colors - something the X's camera shines at.
    lol agreed thats why i wonder at the iphone 4 release meeting, those pictures they showed of the camera were edited.
    09-25-10 10:40 AM
    I think PhoneArena did a camera shoot out and the iPhone 4 camera seemed to come out on top.
    09-25-10 01:03 PM
    Unfortunately the default camera app on the Droid X doesn't truly do it justice and under less than optimal conditions can lead to some not-so-good-pics. Also the lens on the X has to be wiped clean (preferably before every pic) for the them to not look hazy and soft. The reviews I've seen from BGR and even Phonearena (who I respect)among others, were pretty much an ad for the iPhone rather than a real review. Even with the default app, I've taken clean crisp pics with no haze whatosever that looked much better than their samples.

With better software like Vignette or Camera360, the X really shines and flat out takes better pics than the ip4 (IMO).

The attachments were taken with the default app. In bright sunlight it's great. They were only resized using Photoshop.

These were taken with camera 360 some just yesterday:

Overcast skies, yet detail and color is still decent:

Macro shot, great accurate color:

Sky looked bright but it was overcast:
    Last edited by darreno1; 09-26-10 at 10:55 AM.
    09-26-10 09:56 AM
    Even though I switched to the Fascinate. I can attest to the fact that with the X u have to set your iso and exposure for max performance.
    Johnly I am waiting for some Fascinate pics I would post but I don't have a pc. Next time I see my son I will take a pic with the X and the Fasc.
    09-26-10 12:12 PM
    i will post some pics tomorrow on the X
    09-26-10 12:18 PM

car got balls?? LOL
    09-26-10 12:19 PM
    ^^Haha yeah, I just had to whip the X out and take that pic.
    09-26-10 12:32 PM
    ^^Haha yeah, I just had to whip the X out and take that pic.
    lol theres people in Connecticut that does the same thing except theres are gold
    09-26-10 12:45 PM
    Went to check out the Nikon D3100 today. Took these with the X at best buy (indoor lighting / no flash / c360):

09-26-10 07:22 PM
    nice and bright i like those
    09-26-10 07:56 PM
    Those pics look very good.
    09-26-10 08:50 PM
    Went to check out the Nikon D3100 today. Took these with the X at best buy (indoor lighting / no flash / c360):

U know what u are doing a lot of people that complain about the X camera don't have a clue
    09-26-10 08:53 PM
    the pictures taken with the x in this thread are amazing
    Post pictures you have taken with your Droid X - Page 27 - Android Forums
    09-26-10 09:32 PM
    Forgot about photo bucket
    Mobile Photobucket

The fountain pics are with the fascinate. The rest in the album are from the X from a while back. The X indoor pics are with no flash
    09-26-10 10:33 PM
    Forgot about photo bucket
    Mobile Photobucket

The fountain pics are with the fascinate. The rest in the album are from the X from a while back. The X indoor pics are with no flash
    That hub is killing those pics Trendy. I was hoping more X freaks would post....I am about to trump them with knowledge......is this it X'ers? Where is the contrast as ansel Adams would say? Balls? no LED balls Seems weak bro......
    09-26-10 10:57 PM
    LMAO^^^^ im posting pics tomorrow
    09-26-10 11:03 PM
    That hub is killing those pics Trendy. I was hoping more X freaks would post....I am about to trump them with knowledge......is this it X'ers? Where is the contrast as ansel Adams would say? Balls? no LED balls Seems weak bro......
    I have to use photo bucket. Also in night photos low light a tripod would help a great deal. I'm gonna take some more of that flower pot when I go to work tomorrow.
    I'm standing silent.......
    09-26-10 11:04 PM
252 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD