I don't really like my BlackBerry Tour anymore. I was looking at Verizon's Android phones & I like/LOVE them. I really like the Motorola Droid, yet it DOESN'T have a 1GHZ processor so I don't think I'll want it if it can't be upgradeable to Gingerbread. I guess my only options are: the Motorola Droid, the Motorola Devour, the HTC Droid Eris, the HTC Droid Incredible, or the LG Ally.
    I can't include the X & the Droid 2, because of the pricing. It would cost way to much money & I only have an annual upgrade, not NE2.

I'll tell you what I like about all the phones;
    Motorola Droid- design, keyboard (yeah the keyboard), processor speed, most customizable, display, weight/feel, stock Android.
    Motorola Devour- MotoBlur.
    HTC Droid Eris- slim, looks like the Nexus One, trackball, display.
    HTC Droid Incredible- display, processor speed, trackpad, thin, camera
    LG Ally- display, the possibility to turn OFF LG's 'theme' & give it stock Android.

================================================== =============

I'll also tell you what I dislike about all the phones;
    Motorola Droid- possibly NO GINGERBREAD D; (without rooting), the keyboard (lol), the 'chin'.
    Motorola Devour- everything.
    HTC Droid Eris- HTC Sense, slow, slow & slow. (without rooting)
    HTC Droid Incredible- HTC Sense, the design >.< , the 'plasticy feel', the red camera & insides, PRICE, back-ordered.
    LG Ally- the design (reminds me of EnV Touch/Voyager), small display.

If anyone can tell me which phone is the probably the best phone for me, tell me! so thanks in advance.
    -Nick
    07-01-10 01:55 PM
    To be honest, you can get a good deal on Ebay without contract on a good used motorola droid. I have one and it has been great and looks like new still. If the price is a concern you can still get a good deal from Verizon. With the Froyo 2.2 the Motorola Droid blazes through. I liked the keyboard, I have gotten fast on it with practice. There also have been people who have overclocked the Droid safely and it is blazing fast. I like the size and I can't seem to put it down. Just got mine like last week. It is heavy and durable. It may not have an iphone 4 screenm Droid x screen, but it is stil beautiful none the less.
    07-01-10 02:09 PM
    thats true, but I also want the "newest" device, because if I have a Droid, it might feel a little 'older'.
    07-01-10 02:20 PM
    thats true, but I also want the "newest" device, because if I have a Droid, it might feel a little 'older'.
    Then you will have to pay a price lol. Sell your old phone, find stuff around the house to sell and save for the one you really would like to have. This is what I do and I hardly have to use most of my money.
    07-01-10 02:23 PM
    Then you will have to pay a price lol. Sell your old phone, find stuff around the house to sell and save for the one you really would like to have. This is what I do and I hardly have to use most of my money.
    D: I have 3 BlackBerrys, 1 T-Mobile 8320, 1 Verizon 8330, & 1 Verizon Tour. Craigslist is being lame at the moment & no one is offering ): (no they arent at high prices.)

& I'm afraid of Ebay. xD
    07-01-10 02:37 PM
    D: I have 3 BlackBerrys, 1 T-Mobile 8320, 1 Verizon 8330, & 1 Verizon Tour. Craigslist is being lame at the moment & no one is offering ): (no they arent at high prices.)

& I'm afraid of Ebay. xD
    Try the market place here in the crackberry forums. Ebay is not bad at all. You can choose to accept to only take bids from people who have good ratings. So if you were to sell something you can decide maybe someone that has good 100 ratings or more within like the 98-100% range. Paypal is pretty safe as well. You should be able to get some money with those! Hope it works out!
    07-01-10 02:42 PM
    How would a moto droid x cost more than an incredible?

If those are your options, I'd say go with the incredible. It's the only one out of the group that might get gingerbread.
    07-01-10 03:13 PM
    Incredible and X are the same price at Verizon.
    07-01-10 03:35 PM
    How would a moto droid x cost more than an incredible?

If those are your options, I'd say go with the incredible. It's the only one out of the group that might get gingerbread.
    Incredible and X are the same price at Verizon.
    well to think about it, on Ebay/Craigslist, which phone will cost more?
    the flashy, brand new motorola droid X that just came out or the 'cool' incredible thats back orderd until... forever ?
    07-01-10 04:19 PM
    The Droid "hacked is the newest device out with flash and froyo yo" lol, you can run em' at 1.25GHz, and yes, they are loved the world over We even have the droid X boot animation and theme, ladida! I recommend the Droid X.
    07-01-10 04:24 PM
    I didn't know you were buying from eBay/craigslist because you mentioned that you have an annual upgrade.
    07-01-10 04:24 PM
    I didn't know you were buying from eBay/craigslist because you mentioned that you have an annual upgrade.
    well it's not my upgrade, it's my moms xD If I cant beg her to let me have it, then my second chance is Ebay/Craigslist.
    07-01-10 04:27 PM
    well it's not my upgrade, it's my moms xD If I cant beg her to let me have it, then my second chance is Ebay/Craigslist.
    If you can get it from her, then I'd definitely say go with the x. Give her your tour.
    07-01-10 04:31 PM
    If you can get it from her, then I'd definitely say go with the x. Give her your tour.
    she has a Voyager that's about to go. 1st gen, touch screen doesnt work, phone shuts off.. lol. she doesnt want a used phone & she doesnt want a phone with a data plan.. so yeah. lol. that sucks for me D;
    07-01-10 04:35 PM
    Try the market place here in the crackberry forums.
    what market ?
    07-01-10 04:37 PM
    I am coming from a Tour also and upgrading mid July.

The Incredible looks to be the best of the Verizon phones, the X is going to be too big for me most likely although I will check it out.

One other to consider is the Samsung Galaxy Fascinate which looks pretty sweet but no date yet when it's coming out.
    07-01-10 06:36 PM
    I am coming from a Tour also and upgrading mid July.

The Incredible looks to be the best of the Verizon phones, the X is going to be too big for me most likely although I will check it out.

One other to consider is the Samsung Galaxy Fascinate which looks pretty sweet but no date yet when it's coming out.
    Kinda like a pinto and a super sport...size does matter
    07-01-10 06:42 PM
    YES! I can get the upgrade! Now it's a matter of which phone, Motorola Droid or HTC Incredible ? I like the Incredible, just dont like sense.
    07-01-10 08:29 PM
    I have a Tour 9630 and I want a Droid. I have an annual upgrade coming due in October. The Droid 2, X, and Incredible all look/sound amazing....but I REALLY want the rumored Droid Pro if/when it comes out. So I'm thinking about buying a Droid on Ebay and using that until the Pro comes out (if it comes out). But that Incredible sure is sweet, and the "X" sounds like a beast!
    07-01-10 11:49 PM
    Kinda like a pinto and a super sport...size does matter
    Sometimes size can be a hinderance. Bigger is not always better

YES! I can get the upgrade! Now it's a matter of which phone, Motorola Droid or HTC Incredible ? I like the Incredible, just dont like sense.
    Personally I like Sense a lot and it's another reason I am leaning more towards the Incredible over the X
    07-02-10 04:53 AM
    I have a Tour 9630 and I want a Droid. I have an annual upgrade coming due in October. The Droid 2, X, and Incredible all look/sound amazing....but I REALLY want the rumored Droid Pro if/when it comes out. So I'm thinking about buying a Droid on Ebay and using that until the Pro comes out (if it comes out). But that Incredible sure is sweet, and the "X" sounds like a beast!
    Don't drive yourself crazy, after the Droid Pro comes out there will be another rumored device that will be better than the Pro. It's a continual cycle, there will always be a better phone on the horizon.
    07-02-10 04:55 AM
    I have a Tour and a Milestone (Droid) and the Milestone is an awesone phone. I actually like the RIM OS better in a way, it's more simple and been around longer. Android OS is ok, but a little new and flashy. But the best part of the Milestone is the hardware, the screen and keyboard are excellent. The phone just has a great feel to it. Plus I use Gmail and Gmaps alot, so it's nice that Android has all that stuff built in already. Plus no BIS/BES or other silly RIM restrictions, so more freedom with the Android to use as you want.

Oh, and I'd stay away from LG, they don't know how to make phones. HTC is maybe a little better (not much), but Motorola has been making radios since WW2, you can't go wrong with them, they know their stuff...
    07-02-10 05:25 AM
    I'm stuck between the dell streak and the galaxy.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 06:03 PM
    I'm stuck between the dell streak and the galaxy.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Dude, I just suggest you to pick up galaxy first.. if you werent happy with it & return it for refund. You can order it directly dell for streak..

Good luck with your decision.
    07-02-10 11:04 PM
    Dude, I just suggest you to pick up galaxy first.. if you werent happy with it & return it for refund. You can order it directly dell for streak..

Good luck with your decision.
    I say the Streak first,
    Galaxy= the BEST iPhone copy
    just kidding, but I say Streak first though cuz it looks cool.
    07-08-10 04:45 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD