Had 2 andriods, messed with many iPhones and nothing is better than my 9700. I can do everything those other phones can do....and wow their browser is a couple seconds faster....whooptie-doo!

All and please let me surf 50,000 useless/fart apps....

Only phone that might sway me is a 9800, lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 12:02 AM
    Easy - cuz it fits MY NEEDS.
    06-29-10 12:52 AM
    A bigger screen. I have problems reading text on the web and I'm constantly zooming in.
    06-29-10 11:10 AM
    In one word, "Flash Player" would do it for me...

06-29-10 08:23 PM
    Now that OS6 is out on the 9800 how do you all feel about keeping your 9700s or Blackberries in general?

I played with a my friend's Android phone (HTC Incredible) the other day and was blown away at how powerful, fast and fun it was to play with. Granted I didn't have time to play with it to see how well of a communication device it works but I was very intrigued and looked up the Samsung Vibrant (T-Mobile customer).

What are some of your arguments against Android, now that OS6 is out?

Personally, I love the physical keyboard on BBs but would not mind if the screen was also touch for navigation purposes. I also want a more powerful processor and more onboard storage and RAM.
    08-18-10 01:55 PM
    Probably mentioned before

-higher res screen
    -faster processor (1.2 dual core)
    -minimum 8GB onboard memory
    -front facing cam for secure video conferencing (video BBM would rock)
    -HDMI recording
    -wifi hotspot tech
    -ability to act as a wifi NAS
    -biometric scanner in trackpad
    08-18-10 02:14 PM
    Nothing, its perfect the way it is LOL

but really i want more memory, and a faster processor...
    Have you used either an iphone or droid - the bold is faster already when switcing apps or opening them. Mail arrives quicker - the only thing that is slower is the browser - that is what needs updating

08-18-10 02:23 PM
    HDMI out and a netflix app. That would make the perfect berry for me.
    08-18-10 02:27 PM
    Onboard memory, 512 MB of RAM, better processor. A better camera wouldn't hurt, but it's not something that's needed.

08-18-10 02:30 PM
    -I'd love a SDK (or a platform in general) that delivers more flexibility, maybe a C/C++ based coding etc.

-A way to enter non-english chars faster would be appreciated, like if somebody wants a "�" or "Ş" this person should be able to enter it with minimal hassle.

-Web browser. A good web browser.

-Ability to do a delay on photo app; that is it should give me the option to take the photo 2 or 5 seconds after the button press.
    edit: In fact maybe even adding an "advanced mode" where stuff like aperture/shutter priority or focus lock can be set can be an option as it requires next to no efforts on the developer side but certainly would be a plus when compared to competition.

-Voice recorder with a decent bitrated MP3 output would be appreciated.

-Wifi hotspot function.
    Last edited by euthanasia; 08-18-10 at 04:18 PM.
    08-18-10 04:09 PM
    I don't really care about the touchscreen. It's easy to navigate the BB without it. But I do have a wish list. Here it is:

Better camera and video camera. Current versions are pretty good, but make it so I don't even need to own a camera aside from my BB.

Better, faster web browser.

A less "ergonomic" keyboard. I love many things about the 9700 but do not like the pointy, slanted keys. The keyboards on the 9000 and 9650 are both better than the 9700.

A better media player. Make it so no one needs to carry another device to listen to music or watch videos because that device (which I won't name) is easier to use.

More onboard memory and the ability to run simple apps (like games) from the memory card. I was a treo user for several years before coming to BB a couple of years ago, and there were apps that would let you do this. It worked well. The apps took slightly longer to load, but it worked great. A plus for RIM - people would buy more apps!

Ability to use phone as wifi hotspot. That's a cool feature.

Ability to backup all data and apps on the phone to the memory card and to restore apps/data from the card. As a former treo user, I still can't believe this can't be done with the blackberry. On the Treo, you could wipe the phone and restore it in a couple of minutes to just how it was prior to the wipe. No need to connect to your PC for a backup, and no reinstalling apps, searching for reg codes and having to re-adjust your settings. You could set the backup app to run automatically at night and you could also selectively restore apps/data instead of restoring everything. It was so nice and the BB seems to be in the dark ages in comparison. FYI, these were third party apps and not official palm apps. Now I don't know if the iphone and/or Android phones are any better at this than the BB, but this is an opportunity for RIM to distinguish itself. Also, I know of more than a few people who decided to switch to an iphone/droid when facing having to reload apps, reg codes and change settings. They just thought if I'm doing this again, I'll just do it on a new phone. I've had to do this a few times myself lately, and I have to say I've had those thoughts as well, but decided to stay with BB. In terms of improving the user experience and retaining customers, I think RIM needs to either do this itself or allow other app developers to do it. A big part of keeping your customers - which RIM is struggling to do - is in eliminating their frustrations with your product.
    08-18-10 04:30 PM
    I would like a 9800 form factor with the efficiency of my 9700 and I'll be satisfied.
    08-18-10 05:27 PM
    Since some of us have been tempted to go to the "other" side, I was curious to know what changes would help us stick with BB. For me, keeping my 9700 as is now and adding a touch screen, better browser capable of playing flash would be enough.
    Better than it is or better than android and iphone?

Well, if it became more like Android or iPhone it would be a heck of a lot worse since at the moment it's my lifeline communicator and I'd be fecked without it. The 9700 is peerless in its realm.

What would make it better? Loads of stuff, probably. I can't see how the email would be improved upon though, and the phone itself and that's what I use the most.

I'm sure improvements are in the pipeline (9750 or whatever it's called) but I can take them as and when every two years. The stuff I need to earn money was sorted years and years ago on the BlackBerry - iPhone and Android IMO will probably never get to that stage, it's just not the direction they're headed in.

So that's why I bought a 9700, best in its field. Kind of like asking what would stop you from driving a 4wd truck and switch to a Smart Car? The answer would be my current needs staying as they are...
    08-18-10 05:35 PM
    I'm just fine with what my bold 9700 offers. I wouldn't use or need anything else unless this buddy died (never turns on again, even with a new battery). I already have a spare phone to carry me over if it needs repair.

08-18-10 07:24 PM
    The ability to print money.
    08-19-10 06:52 AM
    Now that OS6 is out on the 9800 how do you all feel about keeping your 9700s or Blackberries in general?

I played with a my friend's Android phone (HTC Incredible) the other day and was blown away at how powerful, fast and fun it was to play with. Granted I didn't have time to play with it to see how well of a communication device it works but I was very intrigued and looked up the Samsung Vibrant (T-Mobile customer).

What are some of your arguments against Android, now that OS6 is out?

Personally, I love the physical keyboard on BBs but would not mind if the screen was also touch for navigation purposes. I also want a more powerful processor and more onboard storage and RAM.
    I still feel pretty good about my 9700. It's not always about better stats. While it is behind in pure specs, it functions very well and does what I need it to do. I think Rim will be forced to up the ante, so to speak. Other platforms are moving too rapidly. I came from a Captivate and eventually found my way back to a 9700. The captivate had its fair share of issues and made me realize how stable the Blackberry OS is (and iOS). I don't have any arguments against Android, it's an great OS and I loved using it. The only thing I ask of Rim is more ram and on board storage. And a slightly faster processor (750-850mhz?). I think the OS is efficient enough not to need a Ghz, though it won't be long before Rim has to put them in (to keep up). While many people feel they should do it now (put their processors up to par with the competition), I don't think they have to yet.
    08-19-10 11:44 PM
    herk a derk derk derk derka.
    08-19-10 11:46 PM
    better hardware, software and market... but ya can't win 'em all and BB definitely has it's wins. none are for me, but at least they still look sexy!
    08-20-10 12:34 AM
    free pr0nz!
    08-20-10 12:40 AM
    more RAM. more frequent update of the apps ESPECIALLY facebook, gmail, gmaps and get the browser to work like it is on 6.0. i think i'd be content. just don't understand why yelp/gowalla/foursquare keep up to date on their updates also.
    08-20-10 12:58 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD