I am trying to decided if a droid will work for me. I have been lurking droid sites trying to find some info. I question if some of what I have found is valid or simply new users not aware of the full capabiity of the droid. Here are my questions: Does the calendar adjust when you change time zones or do all appts get messed up? Can I set unique notification sounds for texts, emails as well as make them unique depending on who sent them? Is there an option for a "today" view on my home screen that lists my upcoming appts? Do I have to store all contacts & calendar appts on google (gmail)? Is email from a POP3 slow & unreliable (got this from a Verizon Rep)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 10:17 AM
    Don't know about time zones.
    Don't use exchange.
    But yes to the rest. But don't think you can customize notification tone by who sent email.
    You'll be pleasantly surprised at what you won't be missing.
    I would strongly suggest rooting to truly customize everything.
    08-10-10 11:16 AM
    Does the calendar adjust when you change time zones or do all appts get messed up?
    Can I set unique notification sounds for texts, emails as well as make them unique depending on who sent them?
    Is there an option for a "today" view on my home screen that lists my upcoming appts?
    Do I have to store all contacts & calendar appts on google (gmail)?
    Is email from a POP3 slow & unreliable (got this from a Verizon Rep)
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    1. Im pretty sure the calendar can be adjusted to match time zones and automatically update.

2. Yes, you can make sounds/notifications for specific contacts, but not sure in stock gmail app for emails.

3. Just create a google email adress so you can sync contacts, calendars, etc all in one place to make things simpler.

4. Download Android Agenda Widget or Jorte in the Marketplace as both of these show the calendar as a today widget. Look for an app called Calendar Snooze also. It allows the LED to flash when theres a calendar appt.

5. The stock Android Email app kinda sucks as I dont use it. Try K-9 mail.
    08-10-10 11:34 AM

2. Yes, you can make sounds/notifications for specific contacts, but not sure in stock gmail app for emails.
    I know Android has an app called Missed Call, which is supposed to give color notifications. Do you have experience with that app or any other app that can color your LED for specific contacts or type of message received. I currently use BerryBuzz with BlackBerry, and I list that feature along with the physical keyboard and Quicklaunch as my top 3 potential deal breakers if Droid doesn't have them. Like the OP, I am lurking on these Android forums trying to determine if the Droid is a suitable upgrade for me.
    08-11-10 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD