okay so i started a forum a few weeks ago about if i should switch to an android phone from my current curve 8330(which right now is bothering me bcoz of the slowness and it getting stuck and frozen and having to do a battery pull everynight because the memory fills up)

so i was thinking though now that wat if i just get the 8530 which is better in everyway and like has the official OS 5 and faster processor and also the essex i would like

but then with the android phone i have a cool OS, touchscreen, but i'm worried i wont be able to type fast like i do on my curve in the touchscreen and well also bigger screen so like i was decided to make the change to the android but does Android have all the stuff the my curve has like can i find it all on android
    12-27-09 01:02 AM
    i have helped you out before. so i will again

I have had every blackberry since 2004. im going to the hero though. BB isnt going anywhere. their opengl, no matter how "little time" developers have had is not going to help the OS. only for games. BB's are gonna stay the same, maybe a tour2 and a storm2 and even a slider BB will keep some people interested but the usability of the phone is nowhere to be found for me after i used the android os. also android is based off linux which has ALOT of developers and users.

quick comparison-
    Email-i own a business but i only use gmail anyways=android+1

Speed-just the fact that a beautiful GUI is factored in the android instead of blah icons=android+1

Owners-Rim vs google. Rim just adds what should have been example, tour and tour2. the had the technology but didnt put it to use wifi+trackpad. Google is showing innovation in many of their products=android

Apps- 10,000 and counting. like i said many developers on android

now typing will take some getting used to but thats normal. i hated BB first time around. i was used to normal txting lol

But anyways android has every app BB has that i use and many many more like USTREAM and flash player and an actual browser. no trackball to get dirty and no trackpad to guide through the maze of icons. im still a BB fanboy no matter how i may bash them. i will be back believe me. but i already have to upgrade to a phone with features the hero has (ie. tour2) so im just gonna chill out the time it will take for rim to release something that will amaze me with android

i get mine tuesday. ill tell you how it goes. hope i helped
    12-27-09 02:16 AM
    And the 8530 is a joke!
    12-27-09 06:21 AM
    i have helped you out before. so i will again

I have had every blackberry since 2004. im going to the hero though. BB isnt going anywhere. their opengl, no matter how "little time" developers have had is not going to help the OS. only for games. BB's are gonna stay the same, maybe a tour2 and a storm2 and even a slider BB will keep some people interested but the usability of the phone is nowhere to be found for me after i used the android os. also android is based off linux which has ALOT of developers and users.

quick comparison-
    Email-i own a business but i only use gmail anyways=android+1

Speed-just the fact that a beautiful GUI is factored in the android instead of blah icons=android+1

Owners-Rim vs google. Rim just adds what should have been example, tour and tour2. the had the technology but didnt put it to use wifi+trackpad. Google is showing innovation in many of their products=android

Apps- 10,000 and counting. like i said many developers on android

now typing will take some getting used to but thats normal. i hated BB first time around. i was used to normal txting lol

But anyways android has every app BB has that i use and many many more like USTREAM and flash player and an actual browser. no trackball to get dirty and no trackpad to guide through the maze of icons. im still a BB fanboy no matter how i may bash them. i will be back believe me. but i already have to upgrade to a phone with features the hero has (ie. tour2) so im just gonna chill out the time it will take for rim to release something that will amaze me with android

i get mine tuesday. ill tell you how it goes. hope i helped
    Well first of all i can pretty much see also that RIM doesnt go anywhere and will ultimately need to update, i guess you can say, their OS but that would be in the future when i need it now.

then i don't really know about that "open source" OS because doesn't that make the phone dangerous to like people hacking or messing up the phone

well in the emails i have like 5 and so i dont know if it will work for me email wise and i dont use gmail that much

then i like fast because when it gets stuck it is so frustrating and the android phones have fast processors so i can do stuff fast

in owners i see that google is always up to date and has the excellent gui like u said while rim is really blah lol

oh and the apps yes i like a fluid app world and i have seen that on my mom's hero and it is awesome.

the typing well when i first got it i like immediately could work with it and really good as though with the hero i can get good at typing but will need the practice and time

and really because i want to know if hero or any android based phone will have autotext, great email service, ubertwitter(or something as good as it), i have seen the facebook and myspace app on my mom's hero and it is great and i love the games that are offered, also does it have a memopad, a media player, flash, better camera, when i turn on the android phone will i get all my notifications at once, a password keeper which i really want and use, a navita translator, pandora, opera mini, a dictionarry.com app, the IM messenger (yahoo, windows, aim), for documents (word, pp, excel), a good calendar, and well other stuff that i might need

and really well when you do get urs can u like check if it has all of these or like better ones and well yea
    12-27-09 10:33 PM
    it has sort of autotext from what i have used. its auto correct which has a massive library and 95% of the time it knew what word i was trien to spell.

it has an app called twidroid which is like uber twitter and i like it just as much if not more. as far as memo pad i have no idea but i know every app BB has the android market carries. dont quote me on that. i mean the most used apps to an average person such as googles massive online resources like dictionary and all messengers.

opera mini 4 is supported idk about 5 beta but the built in browser in 2109786574893126543.3 times better than BB's so no worries there.

incredible media player is a built in widget so you will have all your music just by sliding over a panel on hero. 5 MP camera and great camcorder. no flash but hopefully thats not a deal breaker with you.

docs to go by dataviz is available but it comes with a built doc program to open .docs/excel/pp and the browser opens .pdf.

all sprint apps are on it including nav and tv. the tv on it is jaw dropping. no blockiness or anything. and last but not least the calender is a widget that is great.

you tube some reviews i believe you will love it.
    12-27-09 11:46 PM
    okay well first of all sorry for quoting and okay.

so really it has some type of autotext though right and can i add to the autocorrect.
    okay so twidroid, memopad i saw my mom with one on her phone the other day, and okay google has dictionary and messenger(but on my mom's she claims that it doesnt work at all), okay with the opera, okay media player and camera and camcorder and really it can read docs and yea i knew about the sprint apps and okay good calendar and well yea i do love it and now more and like i would use my mom's more but i use it rarely she doesn't like me using the phone like if i am going through her stuff

and well i have seen the htc lineup for 2010 so like should i wait for a Hero 2 and like i have the rebate already but i think i should wait for the better HTC when they come out.

and also this is with android 1.5 so will evrything change with Android 2.1
    12-28-09 02:49 AM
    its completely up to you. thats why theres a forum to help you decide.

htc has a crazy lineup including the snapdragon which is a 1.0ghz phone. made by qualcomm of course but it seems very very nice. im not waiting because im already gonna buy a new phone and i mean just look at all the G1 users still. htc and google are veryy good at keeping their tech very usable even years after released. the hero is powerful and i dont see anything that the mass market will need hardware wise so the software should stay up to date.

i honestly have no idea what 2.1 will bring to the hero because the sense UI is refined as it is and idk the android OS well enough to confidently say anything but i know BB OS will stay like it is and android will continue to make updates that are actually noticeable instead of correcting a simple sms issue.

so that should answer all of your questions for now. besides you get 30 days from sprint. so if it comes down to it then just buy it retail. see if you like it and send back if you dont. i sent mine back so i could rebuy after i sell my tour
    12-28-09 03:54 AM
    Oh well yea ive seen the snapdragon and well can't get G1 im on sprint

and well is i get the hero now in 30 days i doubt something will come out for HTC that is new and well yea i guess either way android will be awesome while BB OS is like staying still

and yea i guess it has answered all of my questions
    12-28-09 04:49 PM
    and have u seen the lineup yet
    12-28-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD