so i have been jumping from different forums to learn how to do certain things and how to spruce up my inspire and i am still stuck. i look at the screen shots of different inspires and feel like i am truly missing out on the android experience. now, i have not rooted my device. i have started to download apps that i think are compatible to the apps i had on the bb. i am trying to set the device up as close as possible. please help me to get the most out of my android experience. how important is htc sense?

apps that i used on bb frequently:

bbnotepad
    weatherbug
    smiley pack
    fancy characters
    ringtone remix
    crackberry launcher
    memo pad
    task
    radio companion
    docs to go (edit, view, create)

i have found replacements for some of the other apps that i use. Any help is appreciated.

had inspire for a couple of months and still feel like its brand new
    05-02-11 10:31 AM
    For starters I reccomend u give Launcher Pro a try.
    05-02-11 04:08 PM
    i will give that a try, thank you for your reply
    05-02-11 04:26 PM
    Ringdroid to create ringtones.
    ColoreNote for memo pad.
    05-02-11 05:19 PM
    thanks for the reply..i think i have colornote
    05-03-11 09:56 AM
    Handcent, K9 Mail, Music Wizard, Sound hound. I use these regularly.

As far as your launcher goes, You can add a shortcut to one of your homescreens for CB easily.
    05-03-11 02:04 PM
    ok. i have no ideal on how to add a short cut. please explain
    05-04-11 04:38 PM
    The HTC weather doesn't work well for me I have the Fancy Widget pro and love it. Also download Amazon's market, they give an application away daily. They offer from all categories. I got an awesome PDF app free as well as business calendar. Also other apps. It is cool to see what they give away. They recently offered the Fancy Widget and I had paid for it on the Android Market. I told a friend to get it and he is glad.....he loves it too.
    I had tried the other message apps but I still prefer the stock app better. I also got City ID and paid 1.99 for the application. Verizon charges 1.99 for the service. Why pay monthly when you can have the same application only a one time charge for 1.99 Love it........I like knowing where the call is coming from if I don't know the number.
    05-04-11 05:23 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I am not able to download amazon app store. AT&T has blocked it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 06:08 AM
    AT&T blocked the Amazon.App.Store? WTF?

05-05-11 09:39 AM
    yes, well on the inspire its blocked.
    05-05-11 09:45 AM
    AT&T doesn't allow you to download any apps outside of the Android Market. On my DX that would be found under "Unknown Sources" in Applications in Settings.
    05-05-11 10:58 AM
    sorry to hear that
    05-05-11 11:02 AM
    GoTta love how providers are still trying to make smartphones dumb.

05-05-11 11:03 AM
    yea, lets just say i am pretty excited about it. so i will have to try the swm and see if i can get it to work.
    05-05-11 11:10 AM
    Doesn't the "remove sim card/use wifi" trick work on AT&T phones anymore?
    05-05-11 11:43 AM
    yea, lets just say i am pretty excited about it. so i will have to try the swm and see if i can get it to work.
    The Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine will let you install the Amazon Appstore and any other non market app. The great thing is that you don't have to be rooted to use it. My phone is rooted so I don't need to use it anymore but when I did, it was real easy to use.
    05-05-11 12:34 PM
    hate to post another site on here but give androidforums.com a try
    05-06-11 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD