Alright all, the 15-minute policy has been in full swing, and it hurts knowing that 15 minute window only gives us a brief peek into an app. So, how about it: What apps should we not get; and what apps have you bought, but wished you didn't?

* Backbreaker Football (Thing force closed on me constantly before) found it's not even team football - a major disappointment. Graphics are decent, but the game play doesn't seem to carry itself over

* Producteev sync (not necessarily an Android product, but ties in with Astrid Task Management) - subscription fee, and not the bang for the buck using Google Tasks is.

* Tasker - was a little confusing, maybe didn't give enough time, but I have found I haven't used it at all since I initially bought it, and fiddled with it.

These come to mind right away, I might have more.
    01-20-11 03:17 PM
    tasker is good for some people but it takes some time to set it up. I also found several free apps that do most of the functions for me.
    01-20-11 03:24 PM
    tasker is good for some people but it takes some time to set it up. I also found several free apps that do most of the functions for me.
    Yea..it's a pretty steep learning curve. I've used it for one thing (open maps and have it turn on my gps..pretty basic..but useful) but i haven't found much use for it since. One of the disappointing things was I was supposed to be able to download task settings right from one of the sites thru the menu key..but i've never been able to get it to download anything..and trying to follow people's "instructions" is a painful process.
    01-20-11 03:30 PM
    Tasker is incredible, but boy is it rough to learn! Once you master it though (Which I have not, YET) it increases your level of customization probably tenfold.
    01-20-11 03:37 PM
    I wouldn't doubt you guys on Tasker. I suppose I'll choose a day, then sit down and go through tasker.

Another one I think isn't worth the money, especially since some people have made a clean port into their custom ROM builds:

* QuickOffice - it's a nice app, but doesn't have support for docx the last time I checked.

There are a few apps I'm glad I didn't have to pay for:

* Life360 - nice idea, but kept cutting off the connection

* iheartradio - kind of slow on updating their builds. The latest Verizon build doesn't connect properly.

* Thickbuttons - nice idea, but I found multitouch non-existent.
    01-20-11 03:47 PM
    for me it's SkyDroid, it's a golf caddy.

The gps I found off on my home course, while FreeCaddie was spot on, and free!

I'll never get that 7i well over the gree that should have been a 9i smack dab in the middle of the green back, lol!

Seriously though, the range being off was unacceptable. I still have it and will try it again this year I'm sure but FreeCaddie is really good for a free app.
    01-20-11 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD