After many years and many blackberries I have finally took the dive into android. It is a great platform. With that being said bb does a few things better, bbm is the main thing I miss.

For bb to regain my business they are going to have to come out with some better hardware like the droidx.

My bold 9650 will always have a fond place in my heart.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    03-26-11 02:07 PM
    Welcome to the fat side.
    We have Eclairs, FroYo, Gingerbread and Honeycomb.

[sent via Cyanogen powered Android]
    03-26-11 02:13 PM
    Nothing dark about going to Android but you finally did see the light and moved on to a better device and platform.
    03-26-11 03:23 PM
    I just made the switch too. Loving it. Post if you have any questions.
    03-26-11 03:26 PM
    i loved my BB and i only had the curve 8330. i didn't think i'd ever leave BB but....they just couldn't put out a device as comparable as a droid and i absolutely love my X. i still have my 8330 and it will forever hold a special place in my heart. if BB ever comes out with anything to rival my X i'll BeBack. as far as BBM goes try out LiveProfile. it's not so bad.
    03-26-11 10:48 PM
    Thanks for the support guys. Loving it so far. Just need to find some way to add auto text and still use swype!!

I found whatsapp to be very comparable to bbm and a good replacement.
    03-27-11 08:34 AM
    Unfortunately, autotext is tied to the keyboard. Smart Keyboard Pro has autotext, but doesn't do swype. Unless the makers of Swype (or the other swiping keyboards) add autotext, I don't think you'll be able to combine the two.

WhatsApp and LiveProfile seem to be the better of the BBM-like chat apps. LiveProfile has better notifications (Whatsapp show delivered, but not read) but is still in (public) beta on BB (and still a little buggy). I actually think Kik is more reliable - just wish the BlackBerry version was still around.
    03-27-11 11:28 AM
    Wait, isn't Apple the Dark Side? Given that the Playbook will be able to run Android apps, I would say Apple is as far from BB and Android love as possible.
    03-28-11 01:43 PM
    Isn't there a thread already for this subject?
    03-28-11 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD