i'm actually considering going from a G1 to a blackberry, mainly due to the bulk and thickness of the G1 and the crappiness of it's slide-out keyboard

i think i'll be able to live without the webkit browser, in exchange for all the great things i've heard about blackberry keyboards - i'll mainly be doing email and texts anyway
    I switched the other way, BB to G1, and let me tell you, you'll be miserable with the BB OS.

Can you expand on this statement? Im looking for AIM messenger but AOL doesnt make an official one. What is this build in IM client? Are you talking about Google Talk? I cant find out how to add an AIM buddy to it so I dont know if thats what youre talking about.
    It's called IM it's a default shortcut on your desktop in android and it should be in the app drawer too, it has AIM Yahoo and MSN.
    11-29-09 12:58 AM
    I don't get this at all. What can you customize on BBs besides the theme? I can't see how BBs are more customizable than Androids.

At least on my Storm I couldn't do anything besides themes and re-ordering the icons.
    If I couldn't customize anything other than those 2 things I would have the same opinion as you. do you know how to use your bb? what about a different ringer for each contact message tone for each contact a different ringer volume and or message volume for each contact different ringers for different emails picture ID buttons I could even chose who's messages displayed in my main message box. I could even chose what email accounts showed I could hide icons show them create folders change my led color swipe speed hover speed...... Etc....etc... I don't feel like going on but the list is endless. And all you could thing of (or knew how to so) is change the theme and the icons? Did I mention, u could CREATE your own theme? Not to put down the droid but I don't think any average Joe can make a theme for the droid!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 02:56 AM
    lol.....my opinion is wrong? Hehe...no point in justifying myself then!
    QUOTE=codito;4173031]Well then your 'opinion' is just plain wrong. Tell me one advantage in notifications or web browsing for Blackberry?

What kind of messenger program are you using that's better on BB than Android? There are not only really nice built in Android messenger clients for the 4 major IM networks, but there are plenty of third party alternatives.

The droid has what, 850x480 or so? So MUCH higher res. Makes me super jealous on my regular old HVGA display over here.

And Noized, how do you miss 'shortcuts' when you can do much more with them on Android than BB OS?[/QUOTE]

12-05-09 03:01 AM
    8 hours is pretty shocking to me I get about 12 out of mine with constant use.

12-05-09 03:04 AM
    If I couldn't customize anything other than those 2 things I would have the same opinion as you. do you know how to use your bb? what about a different ringer for each contact message tone for each contact a different ringer volume and or message volume for each contact different ringers for different emails picture ID buttons I could even chose who's messages displayed in my main message box. I could even chose what email accounts showed I could hide icons show them create folders change my led color swipe speed hover speed...... Etc....etc... I don't feel like going on but the list is endless. And all you could thing of (or knew how to so) is change the theme and the icons? Did I mention, u could CREATE your own theme? Not to put down the droid but I don't think any average Joe can make a theme for the droid!

Half that **** is stuff you can't do out of the box, and you can do all that and more with custom apps on Android FYI.
    12-05-09 08:55 AM
    It's called IM it's a default shortcut on your desktop in android and it should be in the app drawer too, it has AIM Yahoo and MSN.
    Ummm Is my Droid defective? I dont have a shortcut on my desktop called IM. My phone never had one and I dont have an app called IM in my app drawer either. WTF?
    12-05-09 10:45 AM
    Ummm Is my Droid defective? I dont have a shortcut on my desktop called IM. My phone never had one and I dont have an app called IM in my app drawer either. WTF?
    I don't have an "IM" shortcut either.. anywhere. I have "Talk" which is for Google chat.

That's the one disappointment I have with this phone so far.. I can't understand why there aren't official Yahoo, MSN and Aim chat programs!! ugh!

I have been using ebuddy, which is ok.. but I would like the real deal.
    12-05-09 11:11 AM
    I don't have an "IM" shortcut either.. anywhere. I have "Talk" which is for Google chat.

That's the one disappointment I have with this phone so far.. I can't understand why there aren't official Yahoo, MSN and Aim chat programs!! ugh!

I have been using ebuddy, which is ok.. but I would like the real deal.
    Same here. My only quibble (right now) with Android is the lack of official AIM app.
    12-05-09 11:53 AM
    Same here. My only quibble (right now) with Android is the lack of official AIM app.
    meebo is great and it logs your conversations to the server.
    12-05-09 01:04 PM
    Wow, 8 hours? That's it? I use mine A LOT and get all day (16 hours) and still have 30% left when I plug it in. This is sending about 50 tweets, about 25 SMS, about 100 emails, google talk all day, browsing off and on, weather app running, and more. personally, I think you had a bad battery.
    same here ... 8 hours, really ?? im thinking bad battery too !!
    12-06-09 08:41 PM
    Im going back to a blackberry as well. The email on droid for yahoo is too put it nicely horrible. I already have emails forwarded from my company to yahoo then I have to turn around and forward to google. I dont think so. Im going to keep my droid too for entertainment and the voice-turn by turn free navigation. Droid is a cool phone but I cant afford to keep missing important emails. Also the battery drains bad on my droid. I cant wait for an extended battery. Droid & S2 the best of both worlds.
    12-07-09 07:38 AM
    It makes me wonder.....will the iPhone be able to make a faster phone without a removeable batery??

I have 2 batteries for my droid, becasue I pertty much use it in place of my computer at home, and to surf the non work-related site.
    12-07-09 08:22 AM
    Im going back to a blackberry as well. The email on droid for yahoo is too put it nicely horrible. I already have emails forwarded from my company to yahoo then I have to turn around and forward to google. I dont think so. Im going to keep my droid too for entertainment and the voice-turn by turn free navigation. Droid is a cool phone but I cant afford to keep missing important emails. Also the battery drains bad on my droid. I cant wait for an extended battery. Droid & S2 the best of both worlds.
    Jumping the gun a little? It's 3 weeks old! I missed many many emails because of my storm. Luckily, I had my laptop to get those emails when the droid was locking up.
    12-07-09 08:26 AM
    Yeah I had a htc hero and went back to the tour I love blackberry.

12-07-09 08:33 AM
    Jumping the gun a little? It's 3 weeks old! I missed many many emails because of my storm. Luckily, I had my laptop to get those emails when the droid was locking up.
    Cool for you. Me OTOH never missed an email on my blackberry, ever. Like I say im still keeping the droid. Browser, entertainment, and voice-turn by turn is second to none.
    12-07-09 09:36 AM
    Why don't you just forward the company email straight to gmail. It will be the fastest email solution available as gmail is true push to your phone the second it hits servers.

Plus yahoo is TOTAL garbage.
    12-07-09 12:04 PM
    Why don't you just forward the company email straight to gmail. It will be the fastest email solution available as gmail is true push to your phone the second it hits servers.

Plus yahoo is TOTAL garbage.
    agreed Yahoo is horrendous.

I have 2 other email addy's forwarded to my gmail and it works perfectly. No difference from my BB days.
    12-07-09 12:09 PM
    agreed Yahoo is horrendous.

I have 2 other email addy's forwarded to my gmail and it works perfectly. No difference from my BB days.
    Except gmail is actually push instantly to your device on Android and it isn't instant on BB.
    12-07-09 07:46 PM
    Did google prevent gmail from being push on the BB or something? I find it odd considering every other email can be pushed on the BB like hotmail which is what I have.

12-07-09 09:07 PM
    isn't the new update supposed to improve battery life?
    12-08-09 12:08 AM
    isn't the new update supposed to improve battery life?
    yeah right, and Santa Claus comes down the chimney too lol.
    12-08-09 02:34 PM
    it's SUPPOSED to, yes. and for those skeptics, think about how much of a difference new OS's have made on the blackberries for battery life. look how much better the tour and storm are with power and memory management since 5.0 first got leaked. my bro just recently got a droid,so i'm anxious to see what the performance and power differences are with the update.
    12-09-09 02:46 PM
    Did google prevent gmail from being push on the BB or something? I find it odd considering every other email can be pushed on the BB like hotmail which is what I have.

No email on BB is actual push on BIS.
    12-09-09 05:41 PM
98 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD