Verizon is having a big presentation for the Droid on Wednesday (28th) that is invite only. Many blogs and websites are invited so we should know whats up later tomorrow. Everything Verizon has sent out has the date 11/09 or 11/6/09 so everyone is expecting them to be in stores on the 6th and POSSIBLY available online or telesales tomorrow after the presentation or on the 30th (it would be one week before the 6th so it sounds about right also). Of course, everything is just speculation besides the 11/6/09 and 11/09 that Verizon printed on some teaser ads.
    10-27-09 08:33 AM
    Verizon is having a big presentation for the Droid on Wednesday (28th) that is invite only. Many blogs and websites are invited so we should know whats up later tomorrow. Everything Verizon has sent out has the date 11/09 or 11/6/09 so everyone is expecting them to be in stores on the 6th and POSSIBLY available online or telesales tomorrow after the presentation or on the 30th (it would be one week before the 6th so it sounds about right also). Of course, everything is just speculation besides the 11/6/09 and 11/09 that Verizon printed on some teaser ads.
    So we should expect a whole mess of info tomorrow..........
    10-27-09 09:16 AM
    So we should expect a whole mess of info tomorrow..........
    among all the "my s2 is soo amazing" posts...

and yes, if android checks out, im going for it for sure, i realize daily while using my storm that using a phone should not be so frustrating, and at the speed that BB is attempting to fix/repair/catch up to the market it will be a while before they introduce something that will impress me with reliability.
    Last edited by peterr22; 10-27-09 at 09:40 AM.
    10-27-09 09:37 AM
    Although I have BB 8900 and HTC Hero, I'll change Hero for Motorola Droid
    10-27-09 09:58 AM

lameeee lol
    So pathetic.
    10-27-09 10:21 AM
    So pathetic.
    Hahaha you are obviously some sort of fanboy. You have only popped in to say "2.0 isn't ready" (when all other sources that I trust more than you say it IS ready) and to say that the Droid's commercial is pathetic. If that commercial is so pathetic then why is it getting so much attention? Isn't that the purpose of advertising? Sounds like its doing its job and being a successful advertistement, which is the opposite of pathetic.
    10-27-09 10:45 AM
    Hahaha you are obviously some sort of fanboy. You have only popped in to say "2.0 isn't ready" (when all other sources that I trust more than you say it IS ready) and to say that the Droid's commercial is pathetic. If that commercial is so pathetic then why is it getting so much attention? Isn't that the purpose of advertising? Sounds like its doing its job and being a successful advertistement, which is the opposite of pathetic.
    He's on T-mobile........
    What do u expect; jus hatin
    10-27-09 10:47 AM
    He has access to a couple Android devices, he must just be hating on the network or that we get the first beasty Android?

I never understood why people would go into a thread they don't like JUST to post negative stuff. Had he actually known what he was talking about and gave us input on Eclair or something then that is fine, even if it is bad news, but he just came in to talk **** for the most part.

Oh well. Can't wait for my Droid, will be quite a bit better than an old Curve
    10-27-09 10:55 AM
    He has access to a couple Android devices, he must just be hating on the network or that we get the first beasty Android?

I never understood why people would go into a thread they don't like JUST to post negative stuff. Had he actually known what he was talking about and gave us input on Eclair or something then that is fine, even if it is bad news, but he just came in to talk **** for the most part.

Oh well. Can't wait for my Droid, will be quite a bit better than an old Curve
    I agree; and my Storms killin me
    10-27-09 11:24 AM
    just a heads up guys and gals that link i posted, isnt the droids commercial its a commercial made by an apple fanboy that he was refering to as pathetic

its on youtube as " idont care "
    10-27-09 12:03 PM
    How about my best friend is running the latest internal build and his phone keeps crashing while I talk to him? I'm gonna trust real experience over whatever your stupid sources tell you.

And I wasn't bashing the Droid commercial, I LOVE the Droid, that's a PARODY by iPhone fanboys. Jesus you are dense. Learn to read.

My worry is that Droid comes with a rushed 2.0, much like the Storm was rushed and suffered, getting a TERRIBLE rep amongst early adopters and people who just spout off what others say online. This would really hurt Android's reputation if it's first taste of Verizon sours a lot of people's appetite.
    Last edited by codito; 10-27-09 at 12:09 PM.
    10-27-09 12:05 PM
    How about my best friend is running the latest internal build and his phone keeps crashing while I talk to him? I'm gonna trust real experience over whatever your stupid sources tell you.

And I wasn't bashing the Droid commercial, I LOVE the Droid, that's a PARODY by iPhone fanboys. Jesus you are dense. Learn to read.

My worry is that Droid comes with a rushed 2.0, much like the Storm was rushed and suffered, getting a TERRIBLE rep amongst early adopters and people who just spout off what others say online. This would really hurt Android's reputation if it's first taste of Verizon sours a lot of people's appetite.
    Now thats what we want thanks for substantiating.........
    10-27-09 12:12 PM
    2.0 was sent to developers today hmm
    10-27-09 12:13 PM
    2.0 was sent to developers today hmm
    The SDK came out. There was NOTHING 2.0 available to anyone yet, which could be bad if Droid's really getting released soon.
    10-27-09 12:15 PM
    too lazy to look into it i wonder what version of android BGR did his preview on, on the droid that is
    Last edited by jkunk1983; 10-27-09 at 12:34 PM.
    10-27-09 12:31 PM
    10-27-09 12:39 PM
    The SDK came out. There was NOTHING 2.0 available to anyone yet, which could be bad if Droid's really getting released soon.

Whats SDK?
    10-27-09 12:50 PM
    software development kit sdk
    10-27-09 12:59 PM
    People need it to take advantage of 2.0 and make sure everything's working right with the updates. Hope this gives everyone enough time before Droid drops to get everything in order. A successful solid launch could really boost Android's market share and there are a lot more Android phones coming out soon on all carriers.
    10-27-09 01:09 PM
    I'll be the first to admit when I make a dumb move. I didn't click the link, thinking it was the DroidDoes commercial. I have seen the iPhone fanboy parody and I agree that it is pathetic lol. I apologize for that.

As far as this phone turning out like the Storm. I really hope that isn't the case. I don't really think it is since all 3 companys were in on it but who knows. I will say that this phone isn't trying to do what the Storm did. The Storm was RIMs first touchscreen so they were dealing with brand new hardware ideas (Moto has had touchscreens before), a new version of their software (Storms OS was crap), and of course RIM decided to do something crazy and make the damn thing click. So hopefully the Droid doesn't have the issues of the Storm since it isn't trying to create a brand new thing. The "new" part of this phone is the fact that the OS is on this carrier, the phone is a beast, and its 2.0.

Out of that, the 2.0 seems like the weak point, but I really don't think they'll let it out if 2.0 is that bad. Lets hope they learned from the storm :|
    10-27-09 02:23 PM
    I'll be the first to admit when I make a dumb move. I didn't click the link, thinking it was the DroidDoes commercial. I have seen the iPhone fanboy parody and I agree that it is pathetic lol. I apologize for that.

Out of that, the 2.0 seems like the weak point, but I really don't think they'll let it out if 2.0 is that bad. Lets hope they learned from the storm :|
    S'all good. And yes, I really hope they don't mess up this launch.
    10-27-09 02:58 PM
    I'm really interested and looking forward to Droids launch.... hoping they've got it all together with 2.0.... would be tragic to see another 'Storm scenario'.... If all goes well I'm using my early upgrade to switch devices.
    Last edited by Martin030908; 10-27-09 at 03:59 PM.
    10-27-09 03:56 PM
    to the OP, most of these replies are from people who are pissed that they just bought a tour or s2 and immediately regret it. I am definitely going android, just dont know if i want the sholes, or wait for the passion........
    10-28-09 04:03 PM
148 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD