Is it just me or is the flash on the dx and just about every android device weak, to me it seems that my 9530 and 9550 the flash even though it was only one it was brighter and the light color was whiter. On the dx even though there are 2 leds they have a yellowish/greenish tint and are weaker. I've tried a d2, A SG and others still they don't compare. Prob the only thing I missed about my bbs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 09:45 PM
    Yeah, it does seem like Android manufacturers focus on the specs while RIM focuses on the useful details.

My Storm and my mom's 9700 can both be used as a flashlight easily while other devices not so. One year in school my science teacher had us use spectrometers to see the gaps in the light produced by halogens and fluorescents, and my blackberry's LED had the full spectrum with no gaps while everything other than sunlight had giant gapes.
    10-26-10 09:56 PM
    mines is fine and i though the droid x flash was too bright lol
    EDIT: since i had 10 blackberry devices my experience with the camera and flash sucked so :P
    Last edited by Retrokid223; 10-26-10 at 10:00 PM.
    10-26-10 09:57 PM
    Yeah, it does seem like Android manufacturers focus on the specs while RIM focuses on the useful details.

My Storm and my mom's 9700 can both be used as a flashlight easily while other devices not so. One year in school my science teacher had us use spectrometers to see the gaps in the light produced by halogens and fluorescents, and my blackberry's LED had the full spectrum with no gaps while everything other than sunlight had giant gapes.
    10-26-10 09:57 PM

did you just copy the same paragraph twice?? lolz
    10-26-10 10:21 PM
    BB Led was great. Droid 1 was dull. The X is blinding at times. When are they going to include a knob to adjust?
    10-26-10 10:28 PM
    My EVO's led's are very bright.
    10-28-10 10:31 AM
    My Droid 2 Camera flash will blind you...
    10-28-10 10:36 AM
    Samsung Moment flash is already blinding.. Hit it twice with Moment Flash even worse... I don't know what your talking about excepting defending BB's.
    10-28-10 12:08 PM
    Samsung Moment flash is already blinding.. Hit it twice with Moment Flash even worse... I don't know what your talking about excepting defending BB's.
    Im talking about the light the Led casts. Well duh, if you look straight at it you will be blinded. Also I seem to get a lot if red-eye pics with Dx flash. As for the comment about defending Bb, puhlease. Obviously you have not read my other anti bb posts and how android superior to bb based on my needs. So no bb favoritism here

10-28-10 01:46 PM
    I wish that I could turn the camera flash on my Dinc down. It's too bright. If I take a pic of a face fairly close it comes out terrible. My wife's MotoDroid is fine for flash, just the colors suck.
    10-28-10 02:19 PM
    The flash on my BB Tour was a much more whitish light vs the yellowish light my Droid 2 seems to have.
    10-28-10 02:49 PM
    Is it just me or is the flash on the dx and just about every android device weak, to me it seems that my 9530 and 9550 the flash even though it was only one it was brighter and the light color was whiter. On the dx even though there are 2 leds they have a yellowish/greenish tint and are weaker. I've tried a d2, A SG and others still they don't compare. Prob the only thing I missed about my bbs

I have to disagree with you. The flash on my OG Droid and my Incredible are both as blinding as the flash on my Curve 8330 and Storm 2.
    10-28-10 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD