I wanna know if you guys wanna bet against me on this one. (nothing at stake except for being right or wrong).

I say that the Droid will have more unsatisfied owners than the Storm 2! YEP

Droid is a solid phone, but people will complain (just because they love complaining or because they have extremely high expectations that won't be met) about these things:

1) Camera

2) Setting up your e-mail is extremely hard

3) Email delays.

4) Soft keyboard

5) Sometimes when you dial a phone number it takes a while to recognize each time you press on the screen.

All of those things will annoy the crap out of people.

On the other hand the Droid has a million amazing things, but these are HUGE details that people will rave about.

Who's with me and who's against me? No need to insult anyone a simple YES or NO and a brief explanation is more than perfect.

Let's go!
    11-05-09 10:44 PM
    Yessssssssssss
    11-05-09 10:46 PM
    Yes..

I dont see any of that annoying me except for the camera..but good thing they come with a warranty.
    11-05-09 10:48 PM
    I think 2, 3, and 5 will be the worst for people.
    11-05-09 10:52 PM
    I wanna know if you guys wanna bet against me on this one. (nothing at stake except for being right or wrong).

Droid is a solid phone, but people will complain (just because they love complaining or because they have extremely high expectations that won't be met) about these things:

1) Camera

3) Email delays.

4) Soft keyboard

5) Sometimes when you dial a phone number it takes a while to recognize each time you press on the screen.

On the other hand the Droid has a million amazing things, but these are HUGE details that people will rave about.

Who's with me and who's against me? No need to insult anyone a simple YES or NO and a brief explanation is more than perfect.

Let's go!

Has anyone else posted reviews stating the Email delay, and difficulty level with maneuvering around email setup? This IS not a criticism, i'm just curious. All the other reviews i've come across dont mention these issue's.
    11-05-09 10:57 PM
    it will be 50-50 most bb users are used to wide phones.. this phone is a snickers bar compared to the storm that is a kit kat...it just feels odd to hold..typing will be be chore but ill get use to it.. email is slow but thats ok ill be ok with.. cant find the media player..i think ill use a screen procter doesnt seems as durable as storm..i find clicking the lock button to be annoying and in a wrong spot.. prefer to tap screen to bring it back to life..
    11-05-09 10:59 PM
    I'm willing to bet I'm smarter then you when it comes to tech.

Seriously though. You've got to be having issues because you're not doing something right.

Lay out the details... What are your problems? All phones are POSs at something. A lot of us are tired of RIM isht OS and browser and truncated emails, etc. I can't imagine any other smartphone in the world is worse then that.

Remember this. NO OTHER SMARTPHONE IN THE WORLD TRUNCATES EMAILS AND DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO DOWNLOAD FILES OR ATTACHMENTS BEYOND A CERTAIN SIZE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You are 100% right. You really are smarter than me when it comes to tech stuff (you can't even compare us; I'm a caveman and you are a man living in the year 3010 when it comes to this), but I'm 100% sure that I'm a better businessman than you are . BUT here is the deal. In every business, when you are putting out a new product, you have to look at stuff as a regular/average consumer, not as an expert. Most people that buy these products are just people that see something "shiny/new" and say LETS GIVE IT A TRY. (Like myself)

This is exactly what's gonna happen with this phone:

When people buy it they are going to walk out of the store with a huge smile on their face. They are gonna be amazed by the phone for the first day or two, and then they will start saying "I'm not getting better at typing", "The camera is really not that good", "The e-mail thing is really annoying" and little by little (the more people play with their phones) are going to see all the little problems I just mentioned and are gonna start getting pissed off.

80% of the people who got a Storm 2 are satisfied, I'm saying that less than that 80% will be satisfied when purchasing the Droid. BAM
    11-05-09 11:09 PM
    the typing point that you wrote is dead on.. it wouldnt recognize keystrokes quickly.. that is why im going with the Eris.. plus the eris doesnt take 6 seconds for it to take a picture lol
    11-05-09 11:11 PM
    How is this going to be fair? There's going to be a lot more Droid users than Storm 2 owners.

Of course there's going to be more complaints about the Droid.

11-05-09 11:14 PM
    You are 100% right. You really are smarter than me when it comes to tech stuff (you can't even compare us; I'm a caveman and you are a man living in the year 3010 when it comes to this), but I'm 100% sure that I'm a better businessman than you are . BUT here is the deal. In every business, when you are putting out a new product, you have to look at stuff as a regular/average consumer, not as an expert. Most people that buy these products are just people that see something "shiny/new" and say LETS GIVE IT A TRY. (Like myself)

This is exactly what's gonna happen with this phone:

When people buy it they are going to walk out of the store with a huge smile on their face. They are gonna be amazed by the phone for the first day or two, and then they will start saying "I'm not getting better at typing", "The camera is really not that good", "The e-mail thing is really annoying" and little by little (the more people play with their phones) are going to see all the little problems I just mentioned and are gonna start getting pissed off.

80% of the people who got a Storm 2 are satisfied, I'm saying that less than that 80% will be satisfied when purchasing the Droid. BAM
    So basically what you're saying is that it'll be another Storm1. Lol

You must no frequent the S2 forums a lot Sal. Screen and OS issues are just as prevalent on the second version. Sure, it's not as bad as the first, but the problems are still there.

I'm still using my year old S1 and the screen is fine, but I don't close my eyes to the real issues behind RIM and every BB and OS they release.

I'm still waiting for that WOW factor from them and so far I don't see anything.

11-05-09 11:16 PM
    I think the bet would make more sense comparing the Droid to the original Storm....cuz of your point regarding shiny and new, etc.

I think the Storm2 "new" owners know more about what they are walking into...since there has been much more information and its the second round....
    11-05-09 11:17 PM
    Haha i bet it does better than the original storm which might be one of the worst device launches. comparing it to a 2nd gen device isnt really fair IMO. There is said to be a update coming before xmas and another in Q1.
    Last edited by jtc82488; 11-05-09 at 11:22 PM.
    11-05-09 11:19 PM
    I dont think so..those issues you address could be handled with a OS update. I went thru that with my iphones I had.
    11-05-09 11:19 PM
    I think the bet would make more sense comparing the Droid to the original Storm....cuz of your point regarding shiny and new, etc.

I think the Storm2 "new" owners know more about what they are walking into...since there has been much more information and its the second round....
    Ya I agree, most of the people that got the storm 2 in these forums came from a storm 1 so how much compaining can they do?

I'm not saying those things you listed won't be a problem, but i'm going to find out tomorrow.
    11-05-09 11:23 PM
    1) Camera
    Nah not really

I may go to the store and get them to do it if need be, can u say service?

3) Email delays.
    Not a business user

4) Soft keyboard
    I can probably deal with it; subjective

Thats the same with my S1.

I did see a S1 on 5.0 though and wow.............

More power users will get this thing than anyone else though.
    Pros; bigger screen, faster browser, more apps, google navigation free.
    As u know Sal living in LA navigation is a plus with our delightful traffic.
    11-05-09 11:23 PM
    Snaz, I also agree. I was going to post almost the same thing you brought up (my quote function won't work on wap).

11-05-09 11:24 PM
    I'm betting there will be mostly satisfied Droid owners(more than the Storm2). People here who are getting the Droid aren't getting it on a whim. They're getting it because it's NOT a Blackberry. We're tired of the stale BB platform. Basically all the Droid has to do to satisfy most people here is NOT be a Blackberry... And I think you'd agree it's got that covered.

11-05-09 11:29 PM

1) Camera

3) Email delays.

4) Soft keyboard

Let's go!
    You win by a landslide.

11-05-09 11:49 PM

1) Camera

3) Email delays.

4) Soft keyboard

Let's go!

Sal, I really do appreciate the video's that you have provided but I have to point out something that my gut is telling me. I don't think you want to leave Blackberry. You want the Droid to fail....this is not an attack, just my gut feeling hearing you out.
    Also, I notice you mentioned camera. ****, if the pictures you took with the Droid and Storm is any indication of where the camera is at, I'll take the Droid in a heartbeat. The Storm picture was flat out crappy as usual. It has been like that for over a year!

The physical keyboard i could really care less about. It's just there if I feel the need to use it. I don't text a lot and I use e-mail more on my puter then I do on my phone. So, for me, the virtual boards will do just fine based on your video's.

The browser just flat out spanks the holy crap out of the blackberry which is a huge reason why people are attracted to this phone. I mean, it's not even fair to compare the two browsers because it's embarrasing on the Storm.

From almost every review I have seen or read, the call quality is better on the Motorola. I think the call quality on the Storms is horrible! Bluetooth call quality is even worse.

I could go on but I won't.

Yes, you will have tons of people complaining about something. Thats the nature of this business. Like I said months ago, there will never be a perfect phone, ever. Comlaints are like asses, everyone has one.

Sal, I and others still remember your over zealous hype on the Storm 2, and you had me very excited for it. I actually hate it right now, no lie. It's nothing but a Storm one that should be a Storm 1.5. The Storm 2 will go by the way of the Buffalo, you can take that to the bank. I said it first.

Lastly, getting back to the e-mail. Lets see how people feel about this. I don't think it will be as bad as you think.
    An added bonus which I forgot to mention is that Youtubes on the Droid just creams the Storms in every way and you know that.

In summary, yeah, people will complain. At the end of the day, it will not be fair to compare complaints with the Droid and Storm 2 because not a whole lot of people are buying the Storm 2. Heck, Phonescoop has what..7 reviews on it? It will not sell very well....trust me on that.
    11-05-09 11:52 PM
    there is "push" email on the droid.... http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...wait-time.html scroll down to see what im talking about

the camera software fix is already good to go they are going to release it with the first update...
    Last edited by p4tr1ck; 11-06-09 at 12:02 AM.
    11-05-09 11:58 PM
    Interesting.
    I'd like to see that survey - preferably done by an organization that isn't associated with RIM or an internal forum thread posting, that mentions an 80% Storm 2 satisfaction rate.

There is anther thing though to consider. 80% of what?
    From the surveys I've been able to find from last year, the Original Storm suffered only a 33% "very satisfied" percentage (as compared to the closest thing to the Droid at the time, the iPhone which scored in at 77%).
    Likewise, 14% of Storm owners said they were "unsatisfied" with their purchases, opposed to iPhone buyers weighing in with 5% unsatisfied customers.

Source:
    BlackBerry Storm gets poor satisfaction ratings due to initial glitches
    You can find plenty similar figures out there on the net.

If we're going to compare the first-launch Droid to the Storm 2, I think it's only fair to include the original first-launch Storm figures into that equation-
    not just the "we fixed it finally" Storm 2 (aka Storm 1.5).

I know for a fact a lot of people who first adopted the Storm, traded the things in for other BlackBerry models (or devices from other manufacturers all together) and did NOT purchase the Storm 2 when it came out.
    By default, the userbase that purchased the Storm 2 is significantly smaller than the number of people who purchased the first-release Storm, a year ago.

I'm all for comparisons and some light betting in good sport - but let's keep the playing field even.
    The percentage of customer satisfaction for the Droid upon review should be judged by a wide populace count as well - not just those "formally BlackBerry owners who made the jump".

The figures for the Storm satisfaction ratings were not just based on existing BlackBerry users either.

...I'm going to throw a coin in the air and say that after a review that matches fairly closely with the time after launch to review the Storm, the Droid will have a 60 - 65% satisfaction rate... close but not beating the Jesus Phone. I think BlackBerry owners will definitely be the pickiest bunch... but you have to remember a lot of people will be coming from other cellular devices... they're going to pick these things up and say "OMG - this is Amazing!" *chucks Pre in trash*

-2 Cents-
    Last edited by Digital_Cataclysm; 11-06-09 at 12:09 AM.
    11-06-09 12:02 AM
    80% of the people who got a Storm 2 are satisfied
    Call it lowered expectation. Most S2 users here were S1 users who are used to a completely worthless device, so anything that mostly works satisfies them.
    heh

And yes, I have a S1. It will be the last BB I own until they get a decent unit out the door.
    11-06-09 12:06 AM
    I think there's going to be some confusion at first, since for many of us, at least for me, this will be our first experience with a phone running Android. But, given time, and help from knowledgeable people, confusion will turn to satisfaction.
    11-06-09 12:14 AM
    ok look............ no matter what happens phones r always gonna b better and better so just find one that u like and use it, but the S2 is way better than S1 hands down. I dont know where all these people get these probems from........
    11-06-09 12:21 AM
    Fack no. You are wrong on this one dude. Most of us will be glad to be away from the Flintstone OS and poor build quality of RIM.

The days of ****tty radios, browsers and batterys are gone and the days of open source and 21st century hardware and software have arrived.

So to Mr. Balsillie.........eff you and your new reality biatch. I'm out : )

11-06-09 12:21 AM
161 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD