sorry tmobile people you still gotta buy it online. lol
    01-26-10 02:35 PM
    NeXus one on Verizon..?
    01-26-10 03:00 PM
    Link?
    01-26-10 03:35 PM
    Not so fast my friend:

"Due to a technical error, this item erroneously was displayed on our site. We're working with our partner Let's Talk to have it removed as quickly as possible. We have no plans to carry Nexus One in Walmart stores or online at Walmart.com at this time."
    Walmart greeters will soon welcome you to a Nexus One with Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T 3G? (update: nope!) -- Engadget
    01-26-10 03:38 PM
    Nearly pissed my pants
    01-26-10 03:54 PM
    Kinda wonder why the info and specs were there to be accidently postef to begin with?? Hacked?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 10:26 PM
    Walmart probably tried to dictate what they were going to sell it for and the deal went sour :P Pure speculation but we all know Walmart likes to be a bully
    01-29-10 10:51 PM
    Walmart probably tried to dictate what they were going to sell it for and the deal went sour :P Pure speculation but we all know Walmart likes to be a bully

Indeed they are. Totally off-topic, but interesting nonetheless: In the early-nineties a relative of mine owned a small factory, and WalMart wanted to sell a set of chip-clips he was producing. WalMart ordered several million pieces at 50 cents a unit, to be sold at two dollars a piece. They drew up a contract and my uncle went to work.

He had to take out a million dollar loan to beef up production, and they went to work. When it came time to ship, Walmart informed him that they would be buying them from him at 25 cents a piece, which is about 5 cents more than what it cost him to produce them.

My uncle went to several different lawyers, all of whom knew how futile it was to go to court with Walmart. They said if there wasn't a legal loophole written in the contract to benefit the big W, they would keep him in court for years. They have thousands of lawyers on retainer to do exactly that.

My uncle was screwed, as he took out a loan to accomodate their order. He was better off before getting into business with Walmart. This tactic is now common practice and has been reported to have happened hundreds of times. That's your down-home-folksy-American retailer for you. I guess that's business.

P.S. I almost shat myself when I read the OP, because I just switched to TMo's network, which is terrible in my location.
    01-30-10 01:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD