I was given a Samsung 8 Note running Android 9 and I tried to back up a Google profile onto it from an older phone, it turns out there is this bug that won't let you import the data, lots of people on Android forums suggest to remove all locks and factory reset it but it's not helping. Since I'm a hard-core Blackberry fan I don't want to sicn up and open a thread on Android forums, so just wondered if anyone got round that issue here.
    03-22-21 03:14 PM
    I was given a Samsung 8 Note running Android 9 and I tried to back up a Google profile onto it from an older phone, it turns out there is this bug that won't let you import the data, lots of people on Android forums suggest to remove all locks and factory reset it but it's not helping. Since I'm a hard-core Blackberry fan I don't want to sicn up and open a thread on Android forums, so just wondered if anyone got round that issue here.
    If you are signed in with the same Google credentials, and are moving from an older to a newer OS, there shouldn't be any issues.

From what device and OS version is the backup from?
    03-22-21 03:18 PM
    I was personally trying from my Keyone so Android 8.1, but I don't think it's a compatibility issue, it's apparently a common bug:
    https://lifehacker.com/check-your-an...c-g-1839892376
    03-22-21 03:27 PM
    I was personally trying from my Keyone so Android 8.1, but I don't think it's a compatibility issue, it's apparently a common bug:
    https://lifehacker.com/check-your-an...c-g-1839892376
    That is an old article. It's been long since fixed.

Delete the backup and create a new one.
    03-22-21 03:31 PM
    But how was it fixed if I still have that issue.
    03-22-21 04:13 PM
    But how was it fixed if I still have that issue.
    The bug was on the device trying to create the backup - not on the receiving device.

Are you saying you can't create a backup on your KEYone?
    03-22-21 05:05 PM
    Oh, okay I couldn't see that difference in all the comments I read (received vs sender). No the Keyone creates backups no problem, it's when I try to transfer to the Samsung Note 8 (the receiving device) it gets stuck, by removing the screen lock I managed to sync the contacts, but Google Drive just won't sync (all 4 items: app data, sms text messages, device settings, and call history, show "waiting to backup"), I reset to factory twice with no luck.
    03-23-21 02:09 AM
    Oh, okay I couldn't see that difference in all the comments I read (received vs sender). No the Keyone creates backups no problem, it's when I try to transfer to the Samsung Note 8 (the receiving device) it gets stuck, by removing the screen lock I managed to sync the contacts, but Google Drive just won't sync (all 4 items: app data, sms text messages, device settings, and call history, show "waiting to backup"), I reset to factory twice with no luck.
    The problem lies with the Note. You night have to check on Android Central.
    03-23-21 06:48 AM
    Why are you backing up to a new device?
    Have you tried using the restore function on the new device
    03-23-21 10:04 AM