Spoke with VZW today concerning upgrading my current phone while we were discussing this matter it was disclosed that the CSs had recently gone under training on three phones soon to be released (Storm 2, Droid, and she didn't tell me the third). I ask which one she thought was best, and I know this is a matter of need and personal preference, but she indicated that through her experience was a way better phone, intuitive, and very easy to use. She liked the Storm 2 but the Droid was a superior piece of hardware.

I know bad first post.......But I saw a lot of people debating over the two.

I personally will end up with a Storm 2 (Loved the Storm 1).....My need and personal preference.
    10-25-09 05:53 PM
    Both phones will have their proponents as well as detractors. Like you said, it's a matter of taste.

I find it silly for people to debate "to the death" which phone is "better", be it a Jesus phone, a BB, or any other phone. If we all liked the same things, prices would be higher (due to lack of competition) and unemployment would skyrocket because only one factory would be busy building that one preferred device. Better that we consumers spread our bucks around.
    10-25-09 06:02 PM
    Also my first post. I'm new to Blackberry, planning on getting my first with my Verizon new every two upgrade next month.

From what I've gathered, people either loved or hated their original Storm1. I've tried it out in stores, and I like it, but since it BB is releasing the Storm2 before too long, I'm going to wait and get one of those when it comes out.

But, from what I've read, people are either BlackBerry fanboys, or they are not. Personally, I don't like the sliding out keyboard feature of the Droid and other Verizon phones. I like the single piece touch-screen technology, and the surepress of the Storm 1 doesn't bother me.

People seem to argue a lot over which one is a better device, but I think it boils down to preference more than one device having significant advantages over another. That's just my $0.02 based on the minimal research I've done.

I'm getting the Storm 2 with my NE2 upgrade next month, and I can't wait to have this phone!
    10-25-09 06:03 PM
    Also my first post. I'm new to Blackberry, planning on getting my first with my Verizon new every two upgrade next month.

From what I've gathered, people either loved or hated their original Storm1. I've tried it out in stores, and I like it, but since it BB is releasing the Storm2 before too long, I'm going to wait and get one of those when it comes out.

But, from what I've read, people are either BlackBerry fanboys, or they are not. Personally, I don't like the sliding out keyboard feature of the Droid and other Verizon phones. I like the single piece touch-screen technology, and the surepress of the Storm 1 doesn't bother me.

People seem to argue a lot over which one is a better device, but I think it boils down to preference more than one device having significant advantages over another. That's just my $0.02 based on the minimal research I've done.

I'm getting the Storm 2 with my NE2 upgrade next month, and I can't wait to have this phone!
    Hay Murph,
    I think that you will be happy with the Storm2. I have really liked my Storm 1. I was coming from a dump phone "LG chocolate" so I did not have much to compare it too. It does everything I could expect out of a phone (maybe more). If I need more that is what my PC is for. When I first got it I was downloading leaks and keeping up with all the crazy BB kids on this site. Then When VZW released the MR2 update (.148) I stopped and keep it installed with out thinking about it until the other day when I decided to try the 5.0 OS. Now the phone is even better to me. So if you liked the phone in the store I am sure that you will love the S2 because it seems like it is a great improvement on an already good product.
    10-25-09 06:12 PM
    Traxstorm--

Thanks for the info! The way I figure, if something is terribly wrong with the Storm2, I'll have the 30-day guarantee, and I can go back and exchange it for a Tour. I'm hoping I won't have to go that route, though, I really like the touchscreen on the Storm!
    10-25-09 06:17 PM
    I am a BB Diehard. BES admin and Storm lover.

Doesn't matter what phone is "better", what matters is what YOU like.

I keep my Windows start menu/bar on the right hand side of my monitor.... makes it easier to see the 15 or 16 programs I have running at one time.

If you only run one program and you like it on the bottom.... cool.

The argument is crazy.
    10-25-09 06:25 PM
    the joys of being a verizon rep and getting BOTH
    10-25-09 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD