Anybody out there using WiFi calling / text on a Titan?
    11-30-21 02:55 PM
    Anybody out there using WiFi calling / text on a Titan?
    works fine on the Titan
    12-01-21 12:13 PM
    works fine on the Titan
    Which carrier?
    12-01-21 12:32 PM
    works fine on the Titan
    Yeah, me too. The weird thing is the icon just appeared in my notification area one day and it worked. Funny thing is, a few months back I made an appointment for someone from my provider (Bell/MTS kludge) to call me to talk about it. The appointed time period passed with no call, I forgot about it, life went on.

Then it just showed up. I called Bell, and the guy assured me that Titan was not on their list of supported devices (no surprise) and that WiFi calling, while available at no additional charge, wasn't "set up" on my account. I assured him that it was working well. So he "set it up" anyway. Whatevs...

I looked in settings and found the enable (Network & internet |Advanced | WiFi Calling) then turned it off for a test. When I tried to enable it again I got a provisioning error and it wouldn't work.

Eventually found yet another WiFi Calling enable: (Network & internet |Advanced | Advanced Calling | WiFi Calling). That did the trick. Why two interdependent settings -- who knows?

Anyway given that I spend a lot of time outside of cell coverage but frequently with WiFi available, it's nice to have.
    12-01-21 12:48 PM
    Pocket works also. TMo and VZW. Haven't tried att. Nice thing is that it also works over a router on TMo's B71. Even tho Pocket (any UH?) has no b71 and frequently can't connect to TMo on its own out here, wifi voice works nicely thru router on b71. Go figure.
    12-02-21 11:54 AM
    Pocket works also. TMo and VZW. Haven't tried att. Nice thing is that it also works over a router on TMo's B71. Even tho Pocket (any UH?) has no b71 and frequently can't connect to TMo on its own out here, wifi voice works nicely thru router on b71. Go figure.
    Wi-Fi calling does not use any carrier bands. That's the point.
    12-02-21 11:58 AM
    Wi-Fi calling does not use any carrier bands. That's the point.
    Lol... depends on what the wifi router uplinks to. This Pepwave links wifi traffic over TMo's b71. Even voice over wifi. Which surprised me but...
    Attached Thumbnails VoWiFi on Titan-img_20211202_124259_627.jpg  
    Last edited by idssteve; 12-02-21 at 01:09 PM.
    12-02-21 12:48 PM
    Lol... depends on what the wifi router uplinks to. This Pepwave links wifi traffic over TMo's b71. Even voice over wifi. Which surprised me but...
    Your router might be using that band, but your phone obviously isn't.
    12-02-21 01:32 PM
    Your router might be using that band, but your phone obviously isn't.
    That's right. No UH I'm aware of uses b71. Which is virtually the ONLY band of use out here at my present location. Even then, not consistently. This router on b71 DOES, however, afford wifi calling from several different phones that don't enjoy b71 themselves. Including Pocket. So, even tho the phone isn't capable of the band, it IS using that band, indirectly, while making wifi calls over this router. Without it, we'd be on satellite or HAM, right now.

My point was that if, like myself, OP spends much time out of cell range, it might prove possible that TMo's b71 might be in range but not used by his phone. And that any wifi call, regardless of phone's carrier, might work over a b71 router? I KNOW that this Pocket with only vzw Sim works fine for vzw wifi call over this wifi router thru the router's TMo b71. Maybe his BELL might also?

Assuming he might like some solution more mobile than typical wifi?
    12-02-21 03:09 PM
    Which carrier?
    Sorry T - Mobile and AT&T before the move
    12-04-21 08:54 AM
    Interesting discussion, appreciated. And Conite's effusive warmth always adds an extra dimension to any convo. 😁
    pdr733 likes this.
    12-15-21 07:27 AM
    Interesting discussion, appreciated. And Conite's effusive warmth always adds an extra dimension to any convo.
    It's all about the love.
    pdr733 and ElectroSpud like this.
    12-15-21 08:36 AM
    Curious if it works with regional Canadian carriers such as freedom mobile. (Same for voLTE)
    05-04-22 03:04 PM