So far i see them going after BBRY With Security (Samsung Knox) sounds like their version of BALANCE
    Really want to see how the quality of the camera will be with the 13mp camera
    Dual record function is pretty cool (but then i saw how its actually going to be used lol) still slightly cool,
    Drama shot is nice lol
    Eraser looks something like timeshift just samsungs version lol
    S-Translator pretty nice must admit
    DID THEY JUS SAY SAMSUNG HUB -_-
    Group play is nice,i heard someone in cb forums talking about developing an app like this for bb10 a few days ago
    Dual Video is interesting,but the chat on..blackberry share screen?
    Ya that really pissed me off too
    03-14-13 07:04 PM
    I will have to wait and see how it works in the real world, but from everything I watched just the air gesture gets me exited but can see that coming to blackberry in the near feature. I'm positive TAT demoed something like that with shutting off the alarm!

Overal Z10 is still king in my mind for my day to day use!!
    03-14-13 07:05 PM
    The real Android fans are gonna go towards the Nexus or maybe the HTC.
    But then there's everyone else. The same people they went after with the SGS3, and that worked out quite well for them.
    03-14-13 07:06 PM
    The launch was......bad......but there were definitely some cool features. Air Swipe was interesting and the ability to use both cameras are probably the 2 best. Some were what BB10 already offers like screen share, Story Album (Story Maker in BB10), and Samsung Knox (BlackBerry Balance). Overall, it seems like a neat device.
    I think it's a great flagship phone. Tons of horsepower and great screen for sure! Kudos on packing a 2600mAh battery in there.
    I don't feel any "wow" factor though. Definitely not a Z10 or iPhone "killer."
    As someone else mentioned, most of the features are software and really gimmicky. My mother-in-law always Photoshops floating heads into pictures and they look ridiculous. Maybe she'll buy a G4!
    Is the HomeSync a piece of hardware you buy and keep at home? That was my impression. Not sure the difference between that and a computer/media server? Who cares if their iTunes / BBWorld is called "Hub."
    I agree with EvanRitch -- these big events are pretty ridiculous and really, really, cheesy (Z10 launch inclusive). I made it through almost an hour of the webcast and couldn't take the "jokes" anymore. And please no more tap dancing. I was hoping they'd screw up and use the word "balance" when talking about the home and work split from Knox.
    We'll see what the reviews say and how the market reacts. I don't think we'll see much movement on the BBRY stock as a result, which would be great, though no doubt some shorties will be hailing the death of the Z10 at the hands of all those processor cores. But I also expect a barrage of BB press releases over the next week (surely we'll see Skype and Instagram before the Z10 is finally in the hands of the US?). I hope BB doesn't pull an Apple and try to slam Samsung. Let's be professionals here, folks!
    Two things I continue to love: my Z10 and competition that will continue to inspire innovation, features, and better pricing for us!
    Believe, baby.
    Except the Samsung Hub is nothing even remotely related to BlackBerry Hub.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    03-14-13 07:07 PM
    They said end of april on about 327 or something carriers in 155 countries
    Still not gonna get it tho
    Pricing is gonna be skyhigh
    I like the size.
    I see a moderate bump in HTC One sales. Seriously, was there anything really compelling here? Did I miss anything?

Nice display, nice specs. I'll give it that, and I get that specs alone are going to draw some users. Dull-as-dishwater industrial design, gimmicky features... a lot of stuff that other devices already do (like the health stuff... they've never heard of Withings?). If someone held a gun to my head and forced me to take an Android device, I'd do an Xperia Z or an HTC One over this, no question.

And I won't try to claim that the Z10 stomps the SGIV into the ground or anything, but I think it can compete, no question.
    03-14-13 07:08 PM
    Samsung is really piling on the software features. Some of it looks really neat. The S3 was already a really good phone, and this is just an incremental update. I think they've updated literally every spec of the S3. But they're including all kinds of extra high-quality apps and functions as well. Looks good, but I'd like to handle it myself to try out the new stuff.
    03-14-13 07:08 PM
    The Sammy hubs are nothing new. They have had various hubs on the SGS3 (music hub and media hub) since it launched.
    03-14-13 07:09 PM
    The htc one looks more exciting, android is never going to wow because they all suffer from using the same OS which isn't a bad thing if you're into android. I just can't be wowed by tacked on features, android devices are about specs.
    03-14-13 07:11 PM
    I see a moderate bump in HTC One sales. Seriously, was there anything really compelling here? Did I miss anything?

Nice display, nice specs. I'll give it that, and I get that specs alone are going to draw some users. Dull-as-dishwater industrial design, gimmicky features... a lot of stuff that other devices already do (like the health stuff... they've never heard of Withings?). If someone held a gun to my head and forced me to take an Android device, I'd do an Xperia Z or an HTC One over this, no question.

And I won't try to claim that the Z10 stomps the SGIV into the ground or anything, but I think it can compete, no question.
    That translator thing would've been immensely helpful in a previous job, where no one in our small office spoke Spanish, but we had Spanish speaking families come to us all the time. My boss ended up just using Google Translate on his computer, which took time to get spellings right, etc.

I don't travel enough for some of the things like media sharing to back home, and I'm not social enough for things like the dual camera video chat...but for certain people I could see how it would be great to have. And if the touch screen works with gloves as well as they say it does, that's a bonus as well.
    03-14-13 07:13 PM
    One of the most awkward phone launches I've ever watched. Especially near the end, when barely anybody clapped for the presenter...
    03-14-13 07:14 PM
    The Sammy hubs are nothing new. They have had various hubs on the SGS3 (music hub and media hub) since it launched.
    My SI (Captivate) had Hub.
    Agreed. "Hub" is so widely used that it's not like BB can claim a copyright on it. There's so much more to find amusement in with this launch.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    Watched the SG4'S launch, wasn't impressed. All the features they announced were gimmicks for the user to play with but really have no major daily use for. The phone looks almost exactly like the SG3. If they hadn't said it was the SG4 I would've mistaken it for the SG3.

And I noticed that Samsung attempts to target BB with similar features, not surprised. They probably got the idea for those features with the early leaks that came out for the BB10.

The only major reason I see people buying this, aside from the really large size, is for the gimmicks, which unfortunately do sell.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-14-13 07:15 PM
    Not impressed. I can't stand touchwiz and can't use Android unless it is stock. All of these new features seem like gimmicks to me. I would never use "eye scrolling" or any of that other crap.

The only thing I like is the camera. The S4 looks like a S3-S. Seems like they took a pge straight from Apple. They company they make fun of for doing what they just did.

HTC One IMO is the best "skinned" Android device that will be coming out. I love my Nexus but I am done with Samsungs plastic. I just bought the Z10 but I wont buy another plastic device from here on out. It just doesn't feel premium anymore IMO.
    03-14-13 07:15 PM
    One of the most awkward phone launches I've ever watched. Especially near the end, when barely anybody clapped for the presenter...
    I noticed that too. It was basically a TERRIBLE sitcom. No one even laughed...ever. And no one clapped. No one seemed excited. He was just up there all excited and wasn't getting anything from the audience.
    rampagingpanda likes this.
    03-14-13 07:16 PM
    I have a GS3 and I really don't see any compelling reason why I would want to spend money on a GS4.
    LewLew23 likes this.
    My SI (Captivate) had Hub.
    Thanks, I couldn't remember if that went farther back than the SGS3. I had the Vibrant for a couple months, but I couldn't deal with the grappy GPS. I honestly don't remember much about that phone.
    I like Samsung, and I like Android a lot. The S3 was a good strong phone but now it just seems like they're stuffing it way too full of stuff. It's kid like the novelty of filling up your phone with apps then realizing you don't want or need all that junk.

They should've stuck to a few key features that were added to enhance the S3 experience from what it was but they're turning it into a Willy Wonka phone. (I'm not sure what that means either but it sounded right in my head.)
    Android all around ... i'm tired of these cloned phones. Sony, Samsung, LG ... all the same ... IMHO of course
    Undoubtedly its a good phone, but dont like Samsung's "rolling stone" designs.
    I love Z10 solid industrial, timeless design.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    I have a GS3 and I really don't see any compelling reason why I would want to spend money on a GS4.
    I had the same thought. I think the features are really really neat, but unless you travel abroad or find yourself in social situations a lot, if you have the SGS3 then it's not worth the upgrade.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-14-13 07:17 PM
    Looks interesting. Lots of software features as well as hardware features. They definitely are pushing it hard. Some of the software features are nice, but its not something that I see myself using. Overall, i think another nice device by samsung, certainly more impressive sounding that HTC One, plus they actually got around to 4.2.2 JB instead of HTC One at 4.1.2.

Still, I don't see myself getting it. But for customers looking to upgrade their S2, Note, S3, or any other Android devices, the S4 certainly does stand out in terms of hardware, and software.
    03-14-13 07:18 PM
545 1234 ...