Excuse the title I have been watching alot of breaking bad..lol
    Ok so i got the Vibrant, switched from the tour and i absolutley love it so far...not a sinlge drawback found so far. So I have a few questions....
    First, the obvious one, 2.2? Any details? Updated info?
    And I hear there is a built in FM transmitter which will be unlocked by 2.2, any truth or knowledge of this.
    Also i have read about WiFi syncing to PC or Xbox 360 or other things like google tv. Any knowledge on this?
    And finally...Tv out...anybody tried this? If so lets hear the results.
    08-25-10 03:27 PM
    FroYo is dependent on 2 things , the carrier and manufacturer. go to them and ask them. or root, obtain and go
    no FM radio has been recorded about the Vibrant.
    what do you mean by wifi syncing w/ xbox.... never heard of it

no

hope yo that yo helped yo out yo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 04:19 PM
    FroYo is dependent on 2 things , the carrier and manufacturer. go to them and ask them. or root, obtain and go
    no FM radio has been recorded about the Vibrant.
    what do you mean by wifi syncing w/ xbox.... never heard of it

no

hope yo that yo helped yo out yo

Someone on androidcentral or androidforums (I forgot which) posted that the Epic shares a chip with the Evo, and on the Evo that chip has an FM transmitter - so the hardware for the Epic should theoretically be able to pick up FM waves.

And as far as the "WiFi syncing" I'm assuming you're talking about DLNA, which the Epic can indeed use to share media with any DLNA enabled device like Samsung TVs, Xbox 360, PS3, etc.
    08-25-10 04:46 PM
    FM radio works great on my Vibrant (Bell) and isn't Froyo coming in September?

08-25-10 09:29 PM
    Froyo has not been announced. The only thing said so far is a GPS fix coming in September. The hope is Froyo will come along with that fix. We will see...
    08-25-10 09:49 PM
    Samsung reported froyo is coming in September. Hope its true because evo 4g already got froyo out wouldn't want to fall too far behind if Droid incredible and Droid x gets froyo.

08-26-10 02:44 AM
    Someone on androidcentral or androidforums (I forgot which) posted that the Epic shares a chip with the Evo, and on the Evo that chip has an FM transmitter - so the hardware for the Epic should theoretically be able to pick up FM waves.

And as far as the "WiFi syncing" I'm assuming you're talking about DLNA, which the Epic can indeed use to share media with any DLNA enabled device like Samsung TVs, Xbox 360, PS3, etc.
    The FM radio has nothing to do i with the Chip it in...

I read that the F-150 and the Mustang share the same 5.4 Engine so why is the Mustang so much faster than my f-150.... just because their share parts does not mean they are equal in performance.

and the processor is just that a processor, not a FM receiver.

08-26-10 11:16 AM
    The FM radio works excellently on mine as well.
    08-26-10 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD