I�ve been trying to weigh the pros and cons for each carrier as I am due for a new plan (currently with Tmo) and want to make the switch to an Android device. My gut says go back with Verizon. They have excellent voice/data coverage everywhere I go, even all the way up in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Sprint has the EVO but I have heard mixed reviews on their coverage (roaming, no data in NH). I know Verizon is coming out with some new Droids, but honestly, anything bigger than the EVO I would feel weird carrying, and I�m not about to wear a clip on my belt. Also, even with Sprints 4G $10 fee (no 4G in my area), their plan is cheaper than Verizon. Both the Incredible and EVO seem to be back ordered everywhere so I guess I have time to make a decision. If anyone has any experience with either carriers or phones please let me know. Thanks!*

P.S. I live in CT but travel/vacation a lot in NH.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 09:26 AM
    i live in CT too nice the sprint coverage around here is good data but the voice sucks cant even go to the mall and get coverage. i currently have verizon and i love it been almost all around ct and get coverage and great data speed. also if ur looking for android phones get verizon. sprint only good phone is the evo and its not worth jumping to that network just for that. verizon has great android phones and more comming out in the future (htc scorpion) this summer verizon is droping the motorola x and the droid 2 if ur a keyboard fan
    06-17-10 09:40 AM
    In my area (AZ) we do get good coverage on both Sprint and VZW but Sprint's unlimited plan is more attractive.
    06-17-10 09:44 AM
    In my area (AZ) we do get good coverage on both Sprint and VZW but Sprint's unlimited plan is more attractive.
    same around here but alot of people i know jump to sprint just to get dumb blackberrys and now they regret is because the service sucks
    06-17-10 09:47 AM
    I've been with Verizon for months now and service is great. I get reception everywhere, even deep inside of buildings. No plans on ever leaving.
    06-17-10 09:51 AM
    Thanks. I guess you get what you pay for. Cheaper plans on Sprint but spotty coverage. I've had Verizon before but their plans and fees always seemed high.

06-17-10 10:15 AM
    I did forget to mention that I'm on Verizon
    06-17-10 10:42 AM
    Too bad you guys don't get good reception with Sprint, I am saving thousands of dollars by using Sprint instead of Verizon or AT&T for that matter and coverage is perfect in my area. I have been with Sprint for almost fifteen years now, that is a lot of money saved vs Verizon.
    06-17-10 10:58 AM
    I mean Sprint does have the 30 day money back guarantee so I could always try that out and hope for the best.

06-17-10 11:26 AM
    I'm from ca and I have vzw. I recently switched from tmo. My coverage has been great with vzw. I've never used sprint.

06-17-10 11:38 AM
    Too bad you guys don't get good reception with Sprint, I am saving thousands of dollars by using Sprint instead of Verizon or AT&T for that matter and coverage is perfect in my area. I have been with Sprint for almost fifteen years now, that is a lot of money saved vs Verizon.
    Sprint has good service in my area but I don't mind paying $20 more per month to use Verizon. They had the phone I wanted (Droid) and their service is top notch. I've heard a lot of negative things about Sprint (by people I know IRL who've had Sprint) so take that for what it's worth.
    06-17-10 11:50 AM
    I'll never switch back to Sprint. At one point I was getting 3-5 dropped calls a day in excellent coverage areas. Not to mention all the complications they had with my bills. Calling them up every month to makes fixes was just obnoxious.
    06-17-10 11:58 AM
    Looking at the coverage maps of the two is like compairing day and night. Its kinda funny, I was looking at getting the Incredible if I went with vzr but now with the release of the EVO and announcement of the Droid x and 2 the Incredible seems like an inferior phone all of a sudden.

06-17-10 12:10 PM
    Looking at the coverage maps of the two is like compairing day and night. Its kinda funny, I was looking at getting the Incredible if I went with vzr but now with the release of the EVO and announcement of the Droid x and 2 the Incredible seems like an inferior phone all of a sudden.

At the rate things are going with Android phones, once a device has been out for 3 months it is already outdated. This is when you just need to pick what you like, unless you play on buying a better device every other month.
    06-17-10 12:17 PM

Newer and better phones will release every few months. Just pick a phone, enjoy it for at least a year, and then upgrade whenever you're ready after that.

Also, I would definitely go with the Droid X if I were in your position but that's just me.
    06-17-10 12:18 PM
    True, true. Technology advances too fast. Maybe I can hold out until the offical announcment on the Droid X but that phone looks huge! I know of a few people who have the Droid and have mixed feelings on it. Would the Droid X have a slide out keyboard?

06-17-10 01:20 PM
    I just got the Evo and left Verizon. So far after almost 2 weeks I have service every where I had Verizon service. Thing is, Verizon and Sprint roam off each others towers now, so for the most part anywhere one has coverage the other will too. I would just try it for 29 days and see how you like it. So far I have not missed the S2 but then again I never used BB messenger.

BTW I am using easytether to connect to this page now and it works like a charm!
    06-17-10 03:26 PM
    I just got the Evo and left Verizon. So far after almost 2 weeks I have service every where I had Verizon service. Thing is, Verizon and Sprint roam off each others towers now, so for the most part anywhere one has coverage the other will too. I would just try it for 29 days and see how you like it. So far I have not missed the S2 but then again I never used BB messenger.

BTW I am using easytether to connect to this page now and it works like a charm!
    Sprint has been roaming on VZWs network for at least 2 years. When I had them I was always roaming on Verizons network, and Sprint even had free roaming for that reason.
    06-17-10 03:46 PM
    Sprint has been roaming on VZWs network for at least 2 years. When I had them I was always roaming on Verizons network, and Sprint even had free roaming for that reason.
    Lemme get this straight. Sprint can roam off of Verizon's towers for 3G data? When they roam, does the data get capped? If that's the case then why do people complain about Sprint's coverage?
    06-17-10 04:03 PM
    Lemme get this straight. Sprint can roam off of Verizon's towers for 3G data? When they roam, does the data get capped? If that's the case then why do people complain about Sprint's coverage?
    I'm not really sure. All i know is that I was almost always roaming on Verizons network in "excellent" Sprint coverage areas.
    06-17-10 04:05 PM
    coming from Verizon my self i see no difference in coverage using Sprint. at least on the east coast, i hardly ever roam onto Verizon towers but its nice to know that the roaming agreement is there for that reason. So saving 30 bucks a month over Verizon and i have similar coverage for me it was a no brainer. and as someone mentioned here, Sprint does have the 30 days free trial, try them out, you may be impressed you may not. savings on comparable plans of 300+ a year i would give them a shot,you never know.
    06-17-10 04:05 PM
    I'm not really sure. All i know is that I was almost always roaming on Verizons network in "excellent" Sprint coverage areas.
    i find that hard to believe sorry,sounds like a phone issue to me. excellent coverage area and roaming, but anyway even if you did, Sprint has those agreements in place for that reason.
    06-17-10 04:11 PM
    i find that hard to believe sorry,sounds like a phone issue to me. excellent coverage area and roaming, but anyway even if you did, Sprint has those agreements in place for that reason.
    Lol, it's not hard to believe. Sprint loses tons of customers every quarter. They waved my ETF for that reason. 5 dropped calls a day while on SPRINTS network, and none while roaming.

I also live in an excellent Verizon coverage area, so I can see Verizons coverage being the stronger signal and just completely dismissing Sprints.

And it wasn't a device problem. I went through a LG Rumor and 2 8330s and they all did the same things. Seemed like my Nextel coverage was better.
    06-17-10 04:16 PM
    Not doubting it, but coming from NY myself and traveling everywhere in NY and up and down east coast and mid west, i have hardly found my phone roaming. not saying it doesn't happen, when i go see my doc in the city 76th and york my phone does roam in Verizon but only when i am deep inside the building. one of the very few places i have seen it roam. lastly IMO Sprint has not lost there customers for coverage reasons.
    06-17-10 05:22 PM
    My concern is up in the Northeast in Ma, Vt, and Nh. 85% of that area is roaming for Spring, but all of it is 3G for Verizon. So does that mean in those areas you'd be able to better voice and data coverage by using Verizons towers?

06-17-10 06:57 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD